Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-11, 03:19 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
The wait for Cathe's DVDs reminds me of when you go to a restaurant that makes you wait so long for the food that you lose your appetite.
I don't even understand the concept. I go to a restaurant, I'm going to eat. I may get cranky, but I. AM. GOING. TO. EAT.
Old 09-26-11, 03:23 PM  
jordan

I’m still looking forward to these workouts and will be encouraged that delivery is in sight when they start posting clips .

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 03:39 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post
The limited edition pack is not for sale anymore.

However, the individual DVDs are listed as follows as far as I can tell:

Mary- 21.98 (with 10% off 19.78) free shipping for US orders over $19
Collage- 19.99 with free shipping for US orders on qualifying items over $25
Cathe- 19.97 free shipping over $99 for US orders

The price of the DVDs is too close to make a difference. If you plan on buying less than 5 of the DVDs than it would be cheaper to go with another vendor besides Cathe because of the shipping costs.

jordan
Not if you only want one workout. Cathe does not have $99 worth of stuff I want. - I tried because I had Trisets in my cart on her site and it came to close to $25 with shipping. There is quite the difference between free shipping at 19/25 and 99! Not sure how anyone could justify that comparison and say they are pretty much the same.

I have manged to get some decent download prices lately. I LOVE STS Total Body.

I'm also thinking SNM is just chronically late- no matter how much time they give themselves, it doesn't matter. Kind of like the person who sets up an apt. for half hour later than they think they can get there and still manage to show up an hour late. Meh, I don't wait for these kind of people, but if we meet up when they are ready, that's cool. I'm that way with Cathe.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 04:08 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I'm getting to where I'm not really looking forward to these. Got other good stuff I'm excited about doing. Thinking of cancelling if it's not too late.
I'm not that excited about these, either, though I haven't thought of cancelling...yet.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 04:08 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirmrose View Post
I thought the same thing.
Me, too.

Old 09-26-11, 04:09 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Not if you only want one workout. Cathe does not have $99 worth of stuff I want. - I tried because I had Trisets in my cart on her site and it came to close to $25 with shipping. There is quite the difference between free shipping at 19/25 and 99! Not sure how anyone could justify that comparison and say they are pretty much the same.
I have manged to get some decent download prices lately. I LOVE STS Total Body.

I'm also thinking SNM is just chronically late- no matter how much time they give themselves, it doesn't matter. Kind of like the person who sets up an apt. for half hour later than they think they can get there and still manage to show up an hour late. Meh, I don't wait for these kind of people, but if we meet up when they are ready, that's cool. I'm that way with Cathe.

The price of the DVDs is too close to make a difference. If you plan on buying less than 5 of the DVDs than it would be cheaper to go with another vendor besides Cathe because of the shipping costs.

Well for my money the prices listed for the DVDs are pretty much the same. I did make a point about the difference in the shipping costs being a factor. If I didn't preorder (or trade for these workouts) than I would probably wait for Cathe to offer a 30% off coupon. But, I did preorder and I'm happy for the discount I received and the free shipping . I've never had a problem with any of the vendors that I mentioned above and I would recommend any one of them.

jordan
Old 09-26-11, 04:11 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I really don't understand why they can't start a new project and get it substantially completed and then announce the presale. I would think by now Cathe would be able to fund it upfront plus she has a lot of loyal customers she can count on buying. This would save us a long wait and they wouldn't be inundated with requests from impatient people and there would be far fewer cancellations.
I thought this presale might be better as far as timeframe because they'd already started filming when Cathe announced it. But I should know by now that SNM never seems to learn (actually, they never seem to care about this aspect of things, as they have enough loyal followers who will buy no matter what).

I didn't remember a specific date being mentioned (somehow I missed that), but I clearly remember them saying these were planned for the "end of summer". Well, summer ended last Thursday! Of course, they say the dates/estimates are only approximate, but why not give themselves some leeway and pick a later time (unless "end-of-summer" WAS giving them some leeway based on when they thought the workouts would be shipping?)

Old 09-26-11, 05:10 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post

Actually, Mary comes out cheapest whether you buy 1 DVD or all 10, thanks to the 10% off code (unless there's a $ limit I don't know about) and free shipping. Since the preorder bundle is no longer available, buying all 10 from Mary saves you $1.90, enough for a sports drink or something. And your card doesn't get charged until it ships.

If for some reason you don't want to buy from Mary - maybe you have a Collage gift cert - Collage is still cheaper than SNM if you buy 1: standard shipping is $2.99 vs. $4.95 from Cathe. And Collage doesn't charge your card until it ships.

Return policies: Mary>Collage>SNM.

No one's saying you shouldn't be happy with your preorder. But this is a consumer information sharing site, and if anyone wants to buy the DVDs now, they should know what options they have.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-11, 05:25 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Actually, Mary comes out cheapest whether you buy 1 DVD or all 10, thanks to the 10% off code (unless there's a $ limit I don't know about) and free shipping. Since the preorder bundle is no longer available, buying all 10 from Mary saves you $1.90, enough for a sports drink or something. And your card doesn't get charged until it ships.

If for some reason you don't want to buy from Mary - maybe you have a Collage gift cert - Collage is still cheaper than SNM if you buy 1: standard shipping is $2.99 vs. $4.95 from Cathe. And Collage doesn't charge your card until it ships.

No one's saying you shouldn't be happy with your preorder. But this is a consumer information sharing site, and if anyone wants to buy the DVDs now, they should know what options they have.
Yes, the only benefit ordering from Cathe now is getting them a little sooner, particularly if you're on the east coast. If you don't get in on the early stages of a Cathe preorder, you should just wait.

I like Cathe, but especially when she's inexpensive.

ETA: First clip is up, Afterburn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Vck3uM3x4
Old 09-26-11, 05:38 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post

I never thought anyone was trying to say I shouldn't be happy about preordering.

My initial post was just to answer a question for lucia about the limited edition pack. On another post, I was sharing information with other consumers on this site about their options.

Let's face it, Cathe has already made her money on DVD sales no matter where people decide to order. I was just sharing information that might help other people in choosing a vendor.

jordan

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale