Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-29-11, 08:52 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Cathe's Low Impact Series update

http://cathe.com/low-impact-series-project-update

I so can't wait for these!!!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 09:27 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I'm anxiously awaiting them as well. I haven't bought many dvds this year. This set is the only thing so I'm really excited.
Old 08-29-11, 09:46 AM  
DRD0

I hate to be a downer, but I wonder how much Irene will affect the dates.
DRD0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 11:46 AM  
caligurl

and another shipping date that cathe/snm doesn't meet
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:21 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
and another shipping date that cathe/snm doesn't meet
I can understand delays because of Irene (as above), but I agree that SNM is off on their predictions as they are most times. You'd think by now, with the years of experience they have filming workouts, that they'd learn to give a tentative date that allows for a large margin of error.

They still could make "End of summer," though, as they have until Sept. 22! (IIRC, the last preorder just squeaked by and was mailed out the last day of their projected date---which was actually a revised date...unless that was with a previous pre-order).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:43 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I can understand delays because of Irene (as above), but I agree that SNM is off on their predictions as they are most times. You'd think by now, with the years of experience they have filming workouts, that they'd learn to give a tentative date that allows for a large margin of error.

They still could make "End of summer," though, as they have until Sept. 22! (IIRC, the last preorder just squeaked by and was mailed out the last day of their projected date---which was actually a revised date...unless that was with a previous pre-order).
ya... irene has nothing to do with the current shipping delays.. since they don't even have the workouts completed (editting, etc...) heck..... they aren't even sending some of them to the replicators for another 10 days or something like that! lol!
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:45 PM  
JezthePuff2

On a happier note, she just posted time breakdowns/premixes on the barre workout.

The time breakdown of Turbo Barre is as follows ( warm up 10:41, upper/lower body muscle endurance 10:54, leg work with firewalker loops 6:37, ballet barre leg conditioning 27:31, floorwork 4:05, abs/core 7:34, stretch 7:42) - Total time 74 min

The premixes for Turbo barre are as follows:

1. Lower Body Express

2. Turbo Barre Express #1

3. Turbo Barre Express #2

This DVD is also so chaptered so you can do any of the different workout sections you want to.

I think I'm looking forward to this workout most of all! And it will be worth the wait, IMHO.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 12:50 PM  
pedmom

SNM always says up front that their shipping dates are estimates, so I don't get angry when they don't meet the date that was given. I know this from preordering many times, and the savings are so incredible that I don't mind waiting a little longer. I would rather hear about an upcoming new series early and let the anticipation build, than find out there's a whole new series and there is only a week for me to decide if I want to preorder.
pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 01:02 PM  
MKEMom

I'm excited to hear things are moving along. I never had any illusions that these would go out August 31st, since that was an estimated date in the first place. I agree they should give themselves a larger window to avoid angering people. Why not just say, "We estimate a ship date sometime during September", and not give out an exact date till they know for sure?
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-11, 01:59 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I thought that because they staggered the filming they could get done by the deadline. You would think the ones that were filmed first would be completely finished by now. Wouldn't it have been easer to do all the authoring, etc., as they went? Ah, maybe not. I know nothing about what it takes to put together a dvd.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale