Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-11, 04:22 PM  
pharma_gal

The new bundle does not include the sliding discs.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 04:30 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Yes, looks like no gliding discs, the full package is about $10 more than before - and you only save $3 on each if you buy them individually. In each phase the deal is getting a little less awesome. It's true 19.97 is like a sale price - or like Mary's price There's always a sale at Mary's! But buying the bundle was like getting half the package free. It's still a good deal now, just not quite as good.
Old 08-18-11, 04:58 PM  
Lurdes
VF Supporter

So, Caligurl, it kinds of looks like it's you who can't keep their stories straight!

Lurdes
Lurdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 05:11 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
The new bundle does not include the sliding discs.
they haven't for a while now... even those that ordered yesterday didn't get the discs... that part ended a couple of weeks back...
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 05:13 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurdes View Post
So, Caligurl, it kinds of looks like it's you who can't keep their stories straight!

Lurdes
no reason to personally attack me (which is against VF rules).....
Quote:
Name calling, insults, "flaming" and personal attacks are not appropriate and will not be tolerated.
and nope i had my stories straight.... all their talk was that the presale was ENDING... not going to another phase..... it was all about "order while you can... presale ends tomorrow, or today, etc"....

and then voila.. just another phase...
-----
- WWWendy

-----
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
Old 08-18-11, 05:15 PM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Yes, looks like no gliding discs, the full package is about $10 more than before - and you only save $3 on each if you buy them individually. In each phase the deal is getting a little less awesome. It's true 19.97 is like a sale price - or like Mary's price There's always a sale at Mary's! But buying the bundle was like getting half the package free. It's still a good deal now, just not quite as good.
and if you buy from mary you'll get your 10%, free shipping if you order 2 dvd's or another dvd (not 99 or whatever it is at SNM).. and you get bonus points... etc...
-----
- WWWendy

-----
Old 08-18-11, 05:22 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
Yeah, that's a more typical Cathe preorder ... it gets more expensive as it gets closer to release, but you are still saving a bit. Seems like this could be the final phase, but who knows.

Did Cathe ever say anything about whether there were going to be phases to this set's preorder? I don't remember that. I, like Caligurl, interpreted everything up to this point that "the" preorder was ending, not "this phase," especially with an estimated ship date at the end of this month. I don't think it's semantics ... that was real information many people could have used since there were a lot of questions here about when things ended.

I'm waiting for Mary and her 10 percent off and free shipping (and bonus points!). It is an interesting question, however, whether one can preorder during this phase if you previously cancelled.
Old 08-18-11, 05:26 PM  
jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose2boys View Post
That really annoys me! After going back & forth debating if I should cancel preorder or not, I finally decided to keep (even tho I am not interested in ALL) figuring that in the long run I'd still end up getting a better deal. So much for that.

As much as I respect Cathe & quality product, I am sooo over presales from SNM. You give your $ months in advance (which I know going into it & never complained)) and, other than getting your workouts maybe a few days/weeks earlier than others, there really is no advantage in the end. I am confused>

Sorry for rant. Nonetheless, am looking forward to some of these DVDs.
Wonder if I can still cancel preorder & just re-order ones I want??
I’m not sure why you are annoyed about the price? You are getting a better deal than anyone that ordered at a later presale price.

The first pricing tier for the DVD limited addition set was roughly 100 dollars for the deluxe package or 90 dollars for the basic package which included the gliding discs.

The next tier was the same price without the free gliding discs. The gliding discs are roughly a 23 dollar value so it increased the price per workout by a couple of bucks.

This next and probably last tier shows a price increase of ten dollars and again no gliding discs.

If you order the individual workouts on sale you save 3 dollars per workout.

I ended up buying the deluxe limited edition. I’m getting 10 DVDs for 100 dollars plus the gliding discs and free shipping. If I ordered these items separately at today’s sale price I would have paid over 222 dollars (and even more at full price). I would call that an advantage.

You still have some options if you are not happy with your savings. You could ask about making a change to your preorder, you could place a second preorder and then cancel the first one or you could still cancel and receive a refund. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 05:40 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
It is an interesting question, however, whether one can preorder during this phase if you previously cancelled.
I had cancelled my original preorder when the gliding discs were included than reordered during the second phase without the discs and they let me do it. I was worried I would get an email saying "too bad, it's too late to reorder" but I never did and the order went through. I wonder if the rule about not reordering after a cancellation applies to that particular "phase" only? Anyway, I'm impatiently waiting for them to be delivered!
eyefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 05:53 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

If you buy the full package now, it's still a very good deal - especially given that they put the two yogas on two separate DVDs. Thereby the extra increase of 10 to the package makes sense - though everyone who ordered before of course saved that cash. I am very happy - glad I didn't cancel. As long as the deal doesn't get better for people who order later (like it seems to do with some presales), I'm good.

Tags
cathe, cathe preorder, cathe presale