Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-11, 10:30 AM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
And here we are, the last day of the presale, and no meaningful clips.
So true. Even raw footage would have been great. But with that being said I did pre order the eight pack. For eight workouts at $23 a pop, to buy all now was the better deal. Hopefully I will only be waiting a month but i doubt it. Oh well I'm sure the workouts will be worth it.
Old 07-27-11, 10:51 AM  
jordan

Magmolmacmom- Yes, a bargain is not a bargain if you don’t use the DVD (my only exception to this rule is maybe supreme 90 because even if I only viewed them, it would have covered the price I paid ).

On the subject of clips, I didn’t really think we would see clips before this phase of the presale ended. I did like the teaser and it would be nice to see more. I dislike the way the pics are posted. They are so small unless you click on the pic and that is so time consuming. I wish they would go back to the old way of posting pictures.

I really like the last set that Cathe produced but if I remember correctly the presale price was not very good. It seemed like it was better to wait for the reviews and the clips to come out and get them on sale. If this presale pricing had been done the same way, I wouldn’t have preordered.

jordan
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 10:59 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I would say that if you're not sure, don't preorder. You can buy them later, and from reading your post, it sounds as if you won't want all of them anyway. You'll spend less money in the long run, and get only the specific titles that you want. Also, she has more sales than she used to.
Old 07-27-11, 11:57 AM  
mtnmom

Due to the varied types of workouts that are being produced for this series, I suspect there will be many on the trade or swap boards. Many won't like barre or yoga, no matter who is instructing. Step is not in favor as it used to be, and how many have a spin bike (and just ordered that one to get the free shipping - fully intending to trade it)! Then there will be ones that just didn't "click" for no discernible reason.
Old 07-27-11, 01:30 PM  
bearcatfan

I don't see this preorder having "phases" like the other ones, although who knows. If the ship target date is around August 31, there's not a lot of time to play with.

It's almost like the preorders are for people who will buy it anyway, not to garner any new customers who might be interested based on clips. That's a nice way to reward your fans, but not a good way to grow your business.
Old 07-27-11, 01:48 PM  
icebergslim

I am passing and will wait for reviews. I have purchased Skogg, RKS, TLC, S90D these past months. I also have purged many dvds in trades, swaps, given away and GOODWILL. I was not happy with Cathe's Boxing, MMA stuff and only kept CCC and her HIIT. And did not plunge for the recent Intensity, etc., though I did get Intensity in a trade and have not had time to try it yet. I would like to see more of the workouts and read honest reviews here before I take the plunge. And I am doing that with all these workouts going forward, falling for a presale is not enough for me any more.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:00 PM  
kimmie2191
VF Supporter

I plan on keeping mine. Even the step workouts which I know I won't use very much. The step ones may go to a sister of mine.
kimmie2191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 02:54 PM  
LCC
VF Supporter

I waited until almost the last minute, but I did preorder.

I don't think I'll be too thrilled with the yoga or the bike workout, but it was still cheaper than getting the ones I want later.

And, since I've been in the "Cathe should do some more low impact" camp for so long, I would kind of feel guilty if I didn't give her the benefit of the doubt and buy them even if we haven't seen much in the way of clips.

That said, if they suck, I'm going to be really, really, REALLY disappointed.

My money is spent and my fingers are crossed!

Laura (LCC)
LCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 03:08 PM  
mle777

I still have my finger hovering over the submit button. Yes...no...yes...no...

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 03:15 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
i still have my finger hovering over the submit button. Yes...no...yes...no...
yes!

Tags
cathe low impact series, cathe preorder, cathe presale