Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-11, 09:46 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickets View Post
The other tidbit I got, during a Q&A session, was that the Low Impact series will mostly be in the 40 minute range, because customers do not seem to want the longer 60-minute workouts anymore. She did say that at least one of the workouts will be close to an hour long, but that most were shorter than that.

I'll post updates if I think of anything else...
That makes me happy! I like to add a long stretch afterward and Cathe has sooo many long workouts already. If I workout for over 60 minutes, it is rarely doing just one type of workout the whole time.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 09:47 AM  
jjarboe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytail View Post
Nooooo!!! Ugh. Why can't they just do a timesaver premix on the DVDs and make the workouts shorter that way!!! I do NOT want the main workout to be a 'shorter workout'.

Okay, rant over.

Thanks for sharing the info, rickets. I hope you had a great time at the RT!!
I agree! I want LONG workouts. If I need to stop early for some reason I will. But please, keep the long workouts. When the workouts are too short I feel like I have to break out another DVD. Darn.
jjarboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 09:52 AM  
jacmar

Quote:
Nooooo!!! Ugh. Why can't they just do a timesaver premix on the DVDs and make the workouts shorter that way!!! I do NOT want the main workout to be a 'shorter workout'.

Okay, rant over.

I have to agree. The main workout should be at least an hour. Cathe is so good with premixes, they could be shortened that way.
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 10:26 AM  
Fidget Queen

Quote:

Okay, rant over.

I'm with you. I suppose I'm mostly annoyed because premixes are never utilized anymore, even though Cathe & Crew are supposedly the most technologically advanced DVD-makers out there. If that were the case, they'd consider something like multiple length options to be not so difficult.

I don't even have Blissology yet, but Eoin's DVD comes to mind. He has the long practice and shorter practice for every single day. I think that's a beautiful thing.

I think I'm in a super cranky workout mood lately. I'm so sick and tired of the most simple of technologies not being used and of instructors eliminating the creativity from their workout-making process. If it were me, I'd have so much fun coming up with these pre-mix options (or multiple music options, or viewing options, etc., etc.) and seeing how many people I could make happy. Apparently, making customers happy doesn't really factor into the equation anymore.
Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 10:38 AM  
caligurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickets View Post

The other tidbit I got, during a Q&A session, was that the Low Impact series will mostly be in the 40 minute range, because customers do not seem to want the longer 60-minute workouts anymore. She did say that at least one of the workouts will be close to an hour long, but that most were shorter than that.
another reason i'm glad i didn't waste my money pre-ordering this set.... it's easy for cathe to make a shorter premix.... 40 minutes is not long enough and i would have had to add another workout to these....

my gets safer and safer the more info they let out....
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 11:56 AM  
Sass

I almost never ever do premixes when I do a Cathe workout so that means I long cardio workouts when I'm not doing general HIIT workouts. Maybe these 40 minute workouts will be just as hard as CCC and CB and if that's the case then I'm A OK with the new 40 minute workouts. If CCC and CB were longer I think I'd throw up or just not do those workouts.

If the new cardio workouts are not as hard as CCC and CB then I'll be disappointed with the 40 minute workouts and then will be screaming they should be longer. I like to do strength (especially for my legs) up to 60 mins or longer so I hope they don't short us on those. I didn't pre-order because I'm afraid of what I won't be getting. I'll pick and choose after they come out...savings or not.
Old 07-06-11, 12:21 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
Me too. I can't always fit in 60 minutes. Although, premixes would be perfect too.
that's howI feel, too. Ican only do 60 min. workouts on weekends, and I've been frustrated that sometimes even Cathes timesaver premixes have been pushing 60 min.!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 02:26 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Longer premixes would be nice, if the main workouts are 40-ish minutes.

But it seems to me like earlier Cathe workouts did better jobs with premixes than more recent ones.

For example, I was thinking of doing an upper-body workout using "High Reps" and the upper-body-only premix not only does large muscle groups last, but doesn't have any back work in it. That's got to be an 'oopsie' (though SnM would never admit it). There is an 'upper body first' premix, but it's got the same smaller-muscle-groups-first order.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 02:31 PM  
poohpeggy

Do you think the new ones have the fun factor? Peggy
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 03:59 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Speaking of the Roadtrip, there was a link to a Cathe page with links to photos. There are some absolutely adorable photos of families with Mickey and Minnie. It also looked like a nice crowd, not huge, but nice.

And meh on the 8 and 10 inch step. Honestly, doesn't that just defeat the purpose a tiny bit- being joint friendly (and means more of the same from Cathe.) OK, still hope for the step workouts. Not sure what Cardio Supersets are.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe friedrich, cathe preorder, cathe presale, cathe road trip