Old 10-26-10, 07:51 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

i still like Marta! great dvd set!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-10, 10:25 PM  
aunatural

I'm glad I saw this thread. I was trying to decide what workout to do tomorrow. Now I know.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 01:14 AM  
Vee

I just saw the clip at Collage. It looks very good. I do not need another workout, but if I did, I would want this. I just wish the music was better.

It does not seem like Mary is carrying it. If she did, that could have pushed me over the edge to buy.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 02:14 AM  
bgn25

I think they are great!
My favorite is the Endurance DVD. They are great workouts for when you are short on time.
Old 10-27-10, 03:10 AM  
RedPanda

Copying and pasting my impressions from another thread...

A very generous VF'er gifted these to me and after doing them for four weeks, I already have the body of an athlete!

The good:

1. They will kick your butt! They're challenging, yet do-able.

2. Because they're short, you can use them as add-ons.

3. Each DVD has three separate work-outs, so you can mix and match in different ways.

4. They are time-efficient - no standing around yapping, although Marta does say you can take a quick break, or drink some water now and then, so I think she intends that you hit the Pause button when you need to.

5. Endurance, in particular, will build strength and endurance through lots of planks, push-ups, burpees and variations thereof - which is either a pro or a con, depending on your feelings about said exercises.

6. The workouts are rapidly increasing my overall fitness and endurance - more quickly than I would have expected.

7. I'm new to combined strength exercises with light weights, but picked up all the moves very quickly; there's nothing awkward or seemingly unsafe.

8. I'm developing a strange girl-crush on Marta - not sure if that's good or bad.

The bad:

1. There are no warm-ups, cool-downs or stretches, which isn't a problem for me, as I just do my own.

2. The workouts aren't exactly "fun", but then they're not really that kind of workout.

3. Marta occasionally says "C'mon - you're getting the body of an athlete!" which may bug some people, but I think of it in terms of "moving like an athlete", or "developing the efficiency of an athlete".

4. Marta doesn't provide much in the way of form pointers, (see point 4 above) but then they are advanced workouts.

In summary, these are straightforward, no-fluff workouts, with a lot of stuff on each DVD. I'm looking forward to my next Montenegro rotation, and if Marta puts out more DVDs I would definitely get them.
Old 10-27-10, 03:13 AM  
saffron

RedPanda I have to ask the inevitable .... how did you rotate them?
saffron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 04:54 AM  
RedPanda

I did a six-week rotation of Circuit 1 of Endurance, Strength and Power as a cardio/weight circuit, once a week, to complement my traditional heavy strength training. During that six weeks, I also did Circuit 1 of Endurance as a warm-up to a short heavy bag workout.

Now I've moved on to KCM's Circuit Burn as my cardio/weight circuit workout, then when this six-week block is up, I'll do Circuit 2 of Endurance, Strength and Power. I think each circuit gets a little more challenging, so that will be a nice progression.
Old 10-27-10, 06:19 AM  
Keepfitgirl

How are these on the shoulders? I had a shoulder impingement in the past which is OK now but I am wary of shoulder work and don't do certain shoulder exercises (like upright rows and front raises).

Thanks!

Emms
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 06:31 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
4. They are time-efficient - no standing around yapping, although Marta does say you can take a quick break, or drink some water now and then, so I think she intends that you hit the Pause button when you need to.

5. Endurance, in particular, will build strength and endurance through lots of planks, push-ups, burpees and variations thereof - which is either a pro or a con, depending on your feelings about said exercises.

6. The workouts are rapidly increasing my overall fitness and endurance - more quickly than I would have expected.

All of this sounds good to me I especially like that she does tons of plank work, as I cannot do traditional crunches. I definitely don't NEED another strength workout, but I'm going to look at collage anyway.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 11:54 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepfitgirl View Post
How are these on the shoulders? I had a shoulder impingement in the past which is OK now but I am wary of shoulder work and don't do certain shoulder exercises (like upright rows and front raises).
I have an old shoulder injury and avoid those exercises too. There's nothing iffy in MM - at least in the first circuit of each DVD. I do a quick shoulder warm-up before I start.

Tags
marta montenegro, mm21, montenegro, montenegro method, strength