Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-07, 06:41 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I don't get about announcing an upcoming announcement either. But I am a big Cathe fan, so I'm super excited. Especially I am sooo itchy to BUY something...

I don't see the mp3 workouts to be step or hi-lo. I think those mp3 workouts she's thinking is more geared towards gym workouts strength training (machine or heavy lifting). The only cardio mp3 I could see is cardio machines i.e. treadmill, bike, etc.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 08:14 AM  
rykram

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrclvlnd
I thought the same thing. Then I went to her site to check it out and she was actually just replying to a thread asking for an anouncement. She didn't actually start a new topic announcing that she had an announcement. ::snip::
Good point. Someone asked her if she was going to make one, others wondered too, so she responded to the question asked. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
rykram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

There is also a different thread on Cathe's forum where SNM responds to someone's questions by saying that they are going to have audio and video workouts coming out this summer for the MP3 player and whatever the video player thingy is called. As you can see, I am also extremely low tech and I feel Cathe is going to pass me by pretty soon if she leaves the DVD format behind.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:15 AM  
sundari

I really hope she continues making DVD workouts.

However I wouldn't mind her doing something along the lines of a Cathe Style "Cardio Coach" for those of us who use ellipticals, treadmills etc.....

I hope its not a money thing where its gotten so expensive for her to continue doing DVD format workouts.

I guess will have to wait and see.
Old 04-11-07, 09:26 AM  
CarlaVeg

I can't wait for the new workouts... however I think I read IPOD somewhere????????
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:39 AM  
fikustree

I hope she makes some strength workouts for the gym, I have been waiting for something good to come out, now I put my videos on my ipod which is a huge hassle.

I don't think everyone should worry that she is going to stop making DVDs, though. She makes so much money making DVDs and she has the whole production aspect down so well that I can't imagine that she would abandon the form. DVDs are much more lucrative still then MP3 workouts.
fikustree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:40 AM  
Rhae
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw
I don't get about announcing an upcoming announcement either. But I am a big Cathe fan, so I'm super excited. Especially I am sooo itchy to BUY something...

I don't see the mp3 workouts to be step or hi-lo. I think those mp3 workouts she's thinking is more geared towards gym workouts strength training (machine or heavy lifting). The only cardio mp3 I could see is cardio machines i.e. treadmill, bike, etc.
I agree with this whole thing. Why announce that you are going to announce something ?

I was thinking that mp3 workouts would be for running since she adds running to her rotations. And those would adapt well to cardio machines. I can see her making them for strength training at the gym, too, since many of her fans are looking for heavier strength training than they can do at home.

To answer Denise's question, I can't imagine a step mp3--it's hard enough to follow step workouts when you can see what they're doing and keep time with them . I'd be totally lost trying to follow a step workout that I can't see.
Old 04-11-07, 09:40 AM  
adrien_73

I think she would need to continue making DVD/film oriented workouts or else there would be nothing to air on Fit TV!
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-07, 09:44 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhae
I was thinking that mp3 workouts would be for running since she adds running to her rotations. And those would adapt well to cardio machines. I can see her making them for strength training at the gym, too, since many of her fans are looking for heavier strength training than they can do at home.

To answer Denise's question, I can't imagine a step mp3--it's hard enough to follow step workouts when you can see what they're doing and keep time with them . I'd be totally lost trying to follow a step workout that I can't see.
I agree with you. I really like running with an IPod now. But I would be completely lost doing any kind of complex choreography without a DVD.

Helen
Old 04-11-07, 09:46 AM  
Kate**Roberts
VF Supporter

Count me in with those wondering why she announces the announcement. I mentioned it to my DH and he sees it like announcing a press conference...you got to get the media in place to get the most out of what you need to say. In this case we are the media!

I always look forward to whatever Cathe announces. It will be interesting!

Tags
announcement/announcement