Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-30-23, 05:40 AM  
Helen

STS Check-In

Rhonda & I are doing STS together. I believe she's going to start with Meso 2, but I'm going from Meso 1.

If anyone is inspired and would like to join in - straight away, a bit late, half-way through, .... whatever, feel free to join us!

Monday, 30th of Jan., 2023
STS - 01 Meso 1 Week 1 Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps DONE
Added the Extended Stretch immediately afterwards.

Weights used had me self-assisting final 2-3 reps on 2 exercises (preacher & concentration curls), changed down 1/2 kg for last 5 reps on final shoulder presses, and pushups were the hardest - knees and table top. The weight for those was just too much for me to do on toes (BODY-weight ).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-23, 10:42 AM  
rhbrand

Hey, I, over this weekend, decided to just to the whole thing. Even though I low key hate meso 1 lol.

I'll start this evening, I workout after our grandkids go home. We babysit them 4 days a week.

I will say, if while doing STS, STS 2.0 gets in my greedy hands, I will switch over almost immediately. You have been warned
Old 01-30-23, 12:46 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Hello! Today was M1W1: Chest, Shoulders & Biceps + Extended Stretch

Pushups all done elevated using the adjustable bar on the Fit Tower, really concentrating on keeping core and glutes tightened. Toe pushups are not happening at my current fitness level Also self-assisted with those 1.5 concentration curls, and dropped weights on those barbell shoulder presses.

1 Rep Max: I did the testing years ago and didn't feel like repeating it. Am adjusting as needed to reflect current realities.

STS 2.0: haven't preordered yet but likely will. Missed out on the initial preorder just had too much going on. But it sounds good.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-23, 10:50 PM  
Helen

Oh I'm SO chuffed:
1) That Rhonda IS going to start at Meso 1 after all; and that
2) Fonzie has joined in as well!

I'll be following the rota that includes Shock Cardio & Ab Circuits, but whenever a Shock Cardio is repeated, I'll sub with something to avoid repeats - HATE repeats. So.... tonight will be Shock Cardio - HIIT - 40|20. DONE and it was a tough 30min!

When STS 2.0 turns up, I THINK I'll keep going with the original here, but mine won't turn up until several weeks after everyone else gets is - it'll be on the slow-boat. Completely understand dumping this one & starting 2.0. I may be tempted to do the same... we'll see.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-31-23, 10:44 AM  
rhbrand

Good lord, I hate the 80,000 pushups in that first workout (Slight exaggeration)

I couldn't do them all for 2 reasons. First, in one of the middle sets of pushups, my cat Cupcake decided to come and stick her calico butt in my face and demand pets, right then and there. Then towards the end, my right elbow, which I tweeked in Dec hauling hay for my horses, was just starting to get irritated, so I was like "better stop before I really piss it off"

Today cardio. Probably spin on my Peloton.
Old 01-31-23, 11:14 AM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Today was Ripped w/HIIT: Low Impact HIIT 1+ Bonus Abs followed by Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga: Total Body. I need to get my glasses adjusted as they keep falling down or off during planks and those dixie cup moves.

Rhonda, sorry about the elbow. Cats have that 6th sense about workout time don't they?

Well done on that Cathe HIIT, Helen! Those are hard.

If the STS 2.0 comes out before finishing, perhaps I'll add in some of those mobility/recovery workouts. Seems like a way to get a taste of the new workouts while finishing the original.
Old 02-01-23, 01:07 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Today was M1W2 Back & Triceps + Extended Stretch.
Old 02-01-23, 08:09 PM  
Helen

Wed-1-Feb
Back & Triceps (M1W1) but did NOT add on the Extended Stretch (see below as to why).

Used mostly the same weights as the last time I did it, and noted to go heavier for most of the Back parts, and my workout sheets LAST time had a "+" on some of the triceps bits, so DID go heavier last night. Had to self-assist on the final 2-3 reps only, so that all went well.

Sadly, I did my school-work first, THEN the workout, so finished at 11:30pm.
Lesson learned, I'd much rather have my shower & do desk work until late than what happened last night.

Tonight (Thu) is Shock Cardio - MMA - Boxing.
Shall use MMA weighted wrap gloves for that.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 02-02-23, 10:16 AM  
rhbrand

I missed yesterday.
Why? Well, we don't babysit our grandkids on Wed. Mommy usually has Wed off. They are 3 and 1 so they keep us on our toes.

Anyway, I literally sat around all day reading a book, and I mean ALL DAY until 7pm when My 600lb Life came on. New season, and I love that show.

So I'll make it up today.
Old 02-02-23, 12:35 PM  
Fonzie
VF Supporter

Today was a hodgepodge.

Get Fit with Rick (Queen, Usher and Wham walks ~30 minutes)
Intermediate Step Party w/C Dorner.
Lower Body Foam Rolling w/C Dorner.

C Dorner is new to me and it's great to find fun step workouts with good music. She seems to have such a good time with it. She's a keeper for sure. The foam rolling was brutal, in the hurts so good kind of way.