Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-09-22, 12:44 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Erica- Do you have weighted gloves? I've been known to use my 2 pound (each) weighted gloves along with 2.5 pound wrist weights while holding dumbbells. It is a bit awkward, but works in a pinch.
I don't think I do - I think I only have weight lifting gloves but I'll dig around and look.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-22, 06:58 PM  
wendug

Today was another yardwork day. Last night when I let the dogs out there was a stray cat in our yard. The cat took off under an area of the fence that wasn't filled in with much dirt. So, today I did a lot of farmers carry moving dirt to these spots that needed filling in. I didn't have enough dirt, so I'm going to have to go buy some more. Also, the fence folks didn't remove one metal post support we had attached to the old fence to help stabilize it. Removing this metal support was TOUGH! Digging around the support, using a pickaxe to break up the concrete until I got so deep I had to chisel away at the concrete with a hand tool. And then wrestling with it moving it back and forth until I could remove it. My legs are a bit sore from all the yard work so that was it for today.

Erica & Angela- I hope you both had a nice weekend!
Old 10-09-22, 07:19 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy - that sounds like a lot of work and much harder than a youtube workout! I wonder if you'll be sore tomorrow - I know I would be. I am very impressed!

Today I did part of Tiff and Dan 40 MIN COMPLETE LOWER BODY WORKOUT WITH DUMBBELLS | 6 WEEK SHRED - DAY 1 (tough for me!) and part of Sydney Cumming's 45 Minute Glutes & Legs Burnout Workout | ARISE II - Day 2. I did up to the floorwork on Tiff and Dan, and then the first two circuits of Sydney's workout.

Hi Angela - hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to your days off this week.

Erica
Old 10-09-22, 07:32 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Wendy - that sounds like a lot of work and much harder than a youtube workout! I wonder if you'll be sore tomorrow - I know I would be. I am very impressed!

Today I did part of Tiff and Dan 40 MIN COMPLETE LOWER BODY WORKOUT WITH DUMBBELLS | 6 WEEK SHRED - DAY 1 (tough for me!) and part of Sydney Cumming's 45 Minute Glutes & Legs Burnout Workout | ARISE II - Day 2. I did up to the floorwork on Tiff and Dan, and then the first two circuits of Sydney's workout.

Hi Angela - hope you had a good weekend and are looking forward to your days off this week.

Erica
Yes, I'm so glad I work out otherwise I wouldn't be strong enough to able to do the yardwork I do.

I've been previewing some of Sydney's Arise I & II rotations and like what I see from her. And I'm definitely happy that she has a new background that looks like an actual room. I did a lot of her workouts with that plain white background and it was just weird. Thank goodness she had a yoga mat with some color otherwise she would look like she's just floating.

I also wanted to mention that a weighted vest is an option for some moves to add weight. I don't have the best grip strength and someone here at VF recommended the weighted vest to help alleviate hand fatigue. But the vest won't work for all moves, but I'm sure you know that already.
Old 10-09-22, 08:04 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

I've been previewing some of Sydney's Arise I & II rotations and like what I see from her. And I'm definitely happy that she has a new background that looks like an actual room. I did a lot of her workouts with that plain white background and it was just weird. Thank goodness she had a yoga mat with some color otherwise she would look like she's just floating.

I also wanted to mention that a weighted vest is an option for some moves to add weight. I don't have the best grip strength and someone here at VF recommended the weighted vest to help alleviate hand fatigue. But the vest won't work for all moves, but I'm sure you know that already.
I do have two weighted vests (10 and 20 pounds). I use the 10 pound vest for almost all of my lower body workouts but sometimes take if off for deadlifts because I find it uncomfortable. I used to use the 20 pound before my surgery but found that uncomfortable and never went back to it once I started using weights again. It's so heavy and bulky but it is nice to not have to lift those weights with my hands.

I like Sydney but find I prefer Carolyn, Tiff and Dan, Daniel, etc. But I enjoy doing her workouts for a change/variety.

Erica
Old 10-09-22, 09:53 PM  
gigi

Hi Erica andWendy! I woke up Saturday and did not feel like socializing but I went to the baby shower and dinner. It ended up being a wonderful, uplifting day, which tells me I need to start making myself go out again.

Today I went to church and took a long nap. Then I posted my assignments since I'm taking off tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm meeting my sister and a friend for lunch tomorrow and I will stop by my dad's house afterwards.

Today I did Cathe's STS Total Body and it was tough! During the abs and stretch I did my own thing.

I have work to do, but it is so nice to go to bed tonight and not have to wake up early tomorrow. It's 10:51 p.m. and i just got done working out. I'm trying to absolutely not let more than 3 days in a row go by without working out.

I hope you both have an excellent week!
Old 10-10-22, 05:27 PM  
wendug

Angela- I hope you enjoyed your day off!

Erica- Maybe you were the one who mentioned using a weighted vest for added weight if your grip strength can't handle dumbbells that are very heavy. I still need to get one.

Today I was a bit sore in my upper body so I did a quick premix from Cardio Fit from KCM-20 minutes of cardio kickboxing. After being warm I decided to do a Julia Reppel 25 minute mobility workout YT recommended to me this morning. I really loved it! I've tried to get into yoga but can't, but mobility workouts are awesome! I will definitely try more of her workouts. I'm feeling great after all her mobility moves!
Old 10-11-22, 01:06 PM  
gigi

I am starting Iron Series today. I've taken into account work days that I have to stay late. If I can stick to my schedule, I'll finish on 11/26/22. I'm about to do day 1 now. I have a hair appt. at 5. I did not finish as much work as I would have liked to, but I will come home and relax to gear up for returning to work tomorrow. The break was good. I met my sister and a friend for lunch yesterday and then I stopped by my dad's house for a while.
Old 10-11-22, 05:22 PM  
wendug

Angela- Best of luck with the Iron Series! I didn't stick with that series, but that's not unusual for me. I switch up my workouts too much to stick with a rotation!

Today's workout- Michelle Briehler- Total Body Compound Strength + Cardio Workout. This was a tough workout for me. I haven't done much compound weight work in a while. I didn't use more than 15 pound dumbbells and yet my heart rate was high with the compound moves. I liked the cardio sprinkled in, but why does she like to end workouts with burpees? Just a pet peeve of mine. Put those in the middle, not as the last move! I hate having to pause to cool down a bit before going into the stretch. Okay, rant over!
Old 10-11-22, 07:17 PM  
Erica H.

Wendy, I'm really surprised you weren't more sore after all the work you did the other day after the fence people left. You must be in amazing shape. I don't think I would have been able to move. The mobility workout sounds like it was a perfect choice. I don't do compound moves either and they definitely get my heartrate up. I don't do burpees at all so I don't care when they show up. When will the service for your brother be?

Angela - how did you like the Iron workout? I liked a lot of the workouts from that series. I can't believe how quickly your time off went - I didn't realize tomorrow is already Wednesday! That's nice that your sister and dad live nearby. How are they doing (and you)?

Today was NOTORIOUS No Repeat Squat Workout - LEG DAY | EPIC III Day 27. I liked it a lot. I find that so many workouts are heavy on lunges so this was a nice break.

Erica

Tags
cardio, mobility, strength, walking workouts, youtube workouts