Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-22, 08:31 PM  
fanofladyvols

So who did I miss... Kristin, Al, Jenn, Brenda....and?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 09:25 PM  
ChelePA

From Facebook

Thanks for your enthusiasm everyone. We’ll be releasing details in spurts because we are in heavy filming mode right now & lots of major things happening at once. We have to make filming our priority. But thank you so much for your wonderful enthusiasm and kind words. I love how the new set turned out too. So bright and refreshing. Yes, we are lifting pretty heavy 🥵 but everybody needs to lift whatever works for them with good form and technique and I promise we will all get stronger together ❤️.
We had a full day of filming again today. My mind and muscles are sooo tired! Good night for now!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 10:17 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
So who did I miss... Kristin, Al, Jenn, Brenda....and?
2 Jens
Old 09-25-22, 10:18 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hmmm is Jai in these? She's been in the DVDs for a longer stretch than any of the others IIRC. Yes, I know Brenda was in some much earlier ones, but she had a hiatus of a number of years then came back. Maybe the hoodie pick wasn't all the crew?

FOLV, so I guess we are "missing" either Jai or "the other" Jen maybe?

I don't know what to think about Cathe selling weight plates. I would think that the shipping cost would make the purchase really, really expensive. Not that I need (or want) any more weights.

gigi, if you lived close to me I would give you one of the two barbells I have. I only use one of them.

I'm happy that we are seeing pics so early in the process and looking forward to more! Again, as I said upthread, there really seems to be an attention to marketing for this series.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 10:21 PM  
ChelePA

More from Facebook

Thanks everyone! Trying to pop in and answer questions before falling into bed tonight, lol. I’m so excited and want to share this excitement with you so I’ll be back to keep reading after some sleep. But for now yes this is hip thrust and my barbell is loaded to 65lbs. Each big plate is 10 and the bar weighs 5 pounds. We will be selling the barbell and details will follow soon for those who expressed an interest. STS 2.0 has a lot of variety, and when we get to the point where we make premixes, the variety will explode even more so. Are you up for the challenge? I can’t wait to do this program together one day soon 😍
Old 09-25-22, 10:22 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Hmmm is Jai in these? She's been in the DVDs for a longer stretch than any of the others IIRC. Yes, I know Brenda was in some much earlier ones, but she had a hiatus of a number of years then came back. Maybe the hoodie pick wasn't all the crew?

FOLV, so I guess we are "missing" either Jai or "the other" Jen maybe?

I don't know what to think about Cathe selling weight plates. I would think that the shipping cost would make the purchase really, really expensive. Not that I need (or want) any more weights.

gigi, if you lived close to me I would give you one of the two barbells I have. I only use one of them.

I'm happy that we are seeing pics so early in the process and looking forward to more! Again, as I said upthread, there really seems to be an attention to marketing for this series.
I’m surprised no Jai too. But if that picture shows the whole crew then she’s not in this series.

So far Al, Brenda, Kristin, the two Jens, and Cathe
Old 09-25-22, 10:33 PM  
star117

I've been wanting a barbell too and had actually been looking at some online. Guess I'll wait to see what she's selling first. I also looked at the jayflex bar.

Cataddict - if gigi doesn't work out, I'm in Virginia!

I really wanted Jai to be in the crew! I usually watch her for her impeccable form. I also like Brenda because I think we're close in age and so I relate to her.

Very exciting stuff though!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 10:40 PM  
counterclockwise

Can’t wait, I want it now! Though I don’t know why, I’m starting month two of Lift and Shift and enjoying that. I’ll be so ready when these come out!!
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-22, 11:29 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

The barbell might be a good purchase, but I would look for the plates locally because of the high cost of shipping, provided the barbell is the standard diameter.

It seems in some of her more recent offerings she hasn't used the barbell as much, and relies on heavy dumbells. It looks like she's going back to the barbell for this set.

I do like the barbell for squats because it improves my posture when I hold it on my shoulders.
Old 09-26-22, 09:08 AM  
adawn
VF Supporter

After about a decade of debating, I treated myself to the Troy Lite barbell system in 2021 (the first barbell Cathe used IIRC before she changed to the original Don Oliver barbell set that's now discontinued).

I got the Troy Lite set from fitness1st as many other people had reported good experiences ordering from them:
https://www.fitness1st.com/troy-lite...ingle-set.html

Like the new Cathe barbell system, it also has a 5lb bar that's a standard 1" diameter (well, I assume hers is 1" diameter based on the 1" clamps she currently sells).

I believe I emailed vs. calling to order/get a quote from Fitness1st. With a 15% discount that I got automatically, I got the 40lb barbell set with bar for $119, six additional 10lb plates* for $153 and shipping was $38.50 to Illinois.

Later I got another pair of 10lb weight plates* from them too when I realized the bar length could hold 5 plates on each side for a grand total of 100lbs+5lbs for the bar itself when maxed out.

Now, technically the set says it can only hold up to 80lbs but many on the Cathe forums (or here?) said they were able to load it up higher.

*The standard set comes with two 10lb plates, two 5lb plates, and two 2.5lb plates. I got the extra 10lb plates in case I ever got to the point I wanted to max it out for certain exercises.

It came with spring collars but I got clamp ones from amazon based on VF reviews (like the ones Cathe now sells). I did get Cathe's barbell pad once she started coming out with fitness accessories:
https://shop.cathe.com/Cathe-Barbell-Pads-p/5060.htm

The Troy Lite system seems to be very high quality and the bar is one piece.

Currently I'm still using my old Danskin barbell set from the mid-2000s. Has a 2-piece padded bar that screws together and I bought extra 10lb weight plates for it at the time. It's pretty good but the plates wobble a bit on the bar and some of the rubber coating is starting to come off the plates. I don't foresee having these same issue with the Troy Lite plates and bar.

I'll be curious to see cost and shipping for Cathe's new barbell set but I'm content with my Troy Lite and Danskin sets. I'm happy though that she is no longer using the discontinued Don Oliver set in her workouts because the weight plate poundage on that one did not correspond exactly to the Troy Lite or Danskin set (so the largest plates were not 10lbs for example). FWIW, the now discontinued Don Oliver set came with two 1kg weight plates, two 2.5kg weight plates, and two 5kg weight plates.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
announcement/announcement, cathe, cathe presale, cathe sts 2.0, danielpt, pre-sale, sts 2.0, sts 2.0 reviews, troy lite bar