Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-18-22, 02:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Oooo. It's always a bummer when I have to acknowledge how I messed up the situation.

BTW, Plan 9 from Outer Space was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Science Fiction Theater came on Saturday afternoon. I waited for it all week, and at least once a year, I got to see Plan 9!
Had to jump in and comment on Plan 9. Wasn't that supposed to be one of the worst movies of all time LOL? Which only meant that I HAD to see it! I think that Bela Lugosi passing away during the filming may have meant they had to scramble to try to finish the picture.

ToddlerW, that is simply crazy about the tracking of your DVD. It's like the Johnny Cash song, "I've been everywhere, man....."

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 02:54 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
... BTW, Plan 9 from Outer Space was one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Science Fiction Theater came on Saturday afternoon. I waited for it all week, and at least once a year, I got to see Plan 9!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Had to jump in and comment on Plan 9. Wasn't that supposed to be one of the worst movies of all time LOL? Which only meant that I HAD to see it! I think that Bela Lugosi passing away during the filming may have meant they had to scramble to try to finish the picture.
In Tim Burton's 1994 film, Ed Wood, it goes into to the whole story Ed Wood's life and his working with the aged, drug-addicted Lugosi. Martin Landau won an Oscar for his performance as Lugosi.

I might watch "Ed Wood" tonight!

ETA: In the film, Bela Lugosi swears a lot. In real life, this was not true. Tim Burton added some embellishments to the story as so many directors do.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 07:41 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
In Tim Burton's 1994 film, Ed Wood, it goes into to the whole story Ed Wood's life and his working with the aged, drug-addicted Lugosi. Martin Landau won an Oscar for his performance as Lugosi.

I might watch "Ed Wood" tonight!

ETA: In the film, Bela Lugosi swears a lot. In real life, this was not true. Tim Burton added some embellishments to the story as so many directors do.
“Ed Wood” is a great movie! One I can watch over and over
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-22, 10:50 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I found out as an adult that it was supposed to be the worst movie of all time. I still loved it.

It must have been the costumes

Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 07:03 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
I found out as an adult that it was supposed to be the worst movie of all time. I still loved it.

It must have been the costumes

As long as Stephen Baldwin makes films, no film can hold that title permanently.

When this thread pops up it's like a mystery box of topics ...LOVE IT

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 11:27 PM  
Demeris

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
As long as Stephen Baldwin makes films, no film can hold that title permanently.

When this thread pops up it's like a mystery box of topics ...LOVE IT

I have a Stephen Baldwin story!

About 20 years ago (so I was 45+/-, and I was living in a moment of temporary insanity when I had gained 40 pounds and had colored my naturally dark brown hair platinum blond) I was sitting in a Starbucks in Tucson, grading papers(because I was, at the time, a high school English teacher), when I got that feeling you get when someone is looking at you.

I glanced up, and there was a vaguely attractive man at the cash register with a very attractive woman. He was looking straight at me. I mean, if I had been 20 years younger, I would have expected him to come over and ask me what my sign was.

I didn't recognize him as a past student, so I went back to grading my papers. A few moments later, a friend came in and joined me. She said, 'I just saw Stephen Baldwin in the parking lot!'

I told her what I had experienced, and she laughed and reminded me of a scene in the movie Soap Dish where the Sally Field character is feeling ignored and misunderstood, so she goes to a mall where her fans can fawn all over her.

She said that he had been hoping that I would jump up and fawn all over him. Poor man, I had been trying to figure out what year he had been my student.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-22, 11:33 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Demeris, I love that story!
Old 03-20-22, 10:10 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
:

She said that he had been hoping that I would jump up and fawn all over him. Poor man, I had been trying to figure out what year he had been my student.
LOL. I love this story too. Your friend was absolutely right. I have seen a couple of minor celebrities and they do look around to see if anyone is recognizing them.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 10:35 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
LOL. I love this story too. Your friend was absolutely right. I have seen a couple of minor celebrities and they do look around to see if anyone is recognizing them.
Demeris and Summer breeze
.that's a fantastic story.

Most of my 'celeb' sightings are sports oriented and are always eating and really don't want to be noticed.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-22, 03:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Demeris - Great story!

Living and working in a showbiz town, I met a lot of celebrities. (I was a background actor/extra for a few years). Sometimes you just saw them around in shops and such. I only bothered a few for autographs.

Most of them were totally nice, gracious and normal.

A handful were obnoxious brats.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body dynamix, body dynamix 2, debbie siebers, mobility, new exercise dvd's, sales, senior moment, stretch workouts, stretching