Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-21-22, 11:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! Just in from my weekly treat of shopping at the organic coop and then relaxing and reading at the vegan cafe. Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 20
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D4
~ Lunch walk
~ Ellen Barrett Stretch 360
~ 8,626 steps

The Ellen was a sweet little practice good for end of day, with a very pretty set. The words didn't sync with her lips, but I got over it.

Donna, good news about your new offer and pending transfer! Good luck with the boss and with the new job. How does the bathroom look so far?

Hurray for your successful fledging, Diane. :sing: Wishing them luck on their journey.

Summer Breeze, how are Mama Doe and Freddy the Fawn?

Hi to anyone who visits.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 05:57 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi Everyone!

Well, I got my 2nd booster on Friday and yesterday, I felt like total crap! This is the first time I’ve felt so exhausted and “fluish” with any of these vaccinations. Tylenol every 5 hours helped a lot. Went to bed very early and feel much better today. Despite that, I was able to do my weekly cleaning.

Saturday’s Workout:
Gymbox Abs and short yoga
Functional Fitness – cleaning house

Today’s workout:
Bike ride – did 10.08 miles and it wasn't bad on the bike. Stopping it was wicked humid!
Tamilee’s Challenge – the last week – 1 set of 10 of each of the exercises over the month, about 20 sets.

Donna: You knew your background check would come back clear so all systems go! Hopefully this change will revitalize you and carry you to retirement. This was the first time I had this kind of reaction. The 1st booster, a little flu-ish but not terrible. This time, body aches, exhaustion, full on flu symptoms. I would do this again, though, because having lost a very dear and close cousin in November 2020 to Covid, in a sense, I'm doing this for her. The vaccines weren't available yet and she would have been the first on line. I cried getting my first vaccination thinking of her and all the others who weren't as lucky.

Pat: Always consistent workouts! Yes, my babies flew the coop but now I think a new nest is being built! As I’m typing this I saw a shadow across the shades that was a bird with something hanging from its mouth so we’ll see!

Waves to Summer Breeze and Pam!!! Have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 07:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do:

Essentrics Live workout from 5/16 w/ Meg - this was the kick-off of the 10 Day Glute & Core challenge which I plan to complete. this was a nice slower paced workout w/ good attention to form.

Today, so far, has been:

Burpee Girl 35 Min Walking for Weight Loss - this was a nice steady state routine. Not too hard. I really like her workouts, they are music only - and I thought that would be weird, but it works for me. All of the ones I have done so far have been low impact and barefoot.

I plan to get something else in later.

I have to do some work for my job today...ugh!!

Diane - I felt terrible from Shot # 2 and Shot # 3 - so I think Shot # 4 (aka Booster # 2) is going to make me feel awful too. I'm hoping for a better work life situation - it would be nice to wrap things up before retirement in a job that I enjoy or at least, don't dread on a daily basis!

Pat- the bathroom is coming along - fortunately the tile guy was not here long on Saturday. I think they'll be done by the end of the week!

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 10:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Quick fly by:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 21
~ Beach walk
~ 5,314 steps

I was horrified at the beach. It had just been given a pre-season deep clean: parking lot cleaned of debris and lines repainted, sand combed for the summer, etc. I went for a leisurely evening stroll and spent the entire time picking up cups, plastic and fast food garbage. *** is wrong with people? I saw one little boy heading right toward the railing with his McDonald's garbage to throw it over the railing into the water. I stopped and glared at his dad who caught his arm and took him to a trash can - but obviously, the behavior had been taught to him.

Anyway - rant over.

Donna, sounds like you really like Burpee Girl. I'll check her channel out after this LWR rotation. Sorry you have to work today.

Diane, those birdies like you! Who would be surprised? Your reaction to booster 2 sounds miserable. As much as I support the vaccine, IDK if I can go through that again. Feel better soon.

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! Good luck to those in the heat wave zone.
Old 05-23-22, 09:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day! Good morning everyone. We lucked out, having nice shore breezes protected us from the weekend heatwave. It was muggy but nice. I managed:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 22
~ Winsor Power Sculpt Basics
~ 4,209 steps

I'm going to either work in my garden or get some Margaret Moan Day done. Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-23-22, 09:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I totally tanked on the walking this weekend with the brutal mid 90s for temps. I did go to a local fair in the park on Saturday with my sister and niece but we wilted within an hour. Yesterday all I could manage was some push-ups and planks. Today however is delightful so I hope to get out there soon to walk.

PAT, I'm glad you had the shore breezes to save you this weekend. I'm inland a bit.
That really is disgusting how people trash the beaches! Good for you and your baleful eye. I'm thinking Mama and Freddy are doing fine. I haven't seen them around so hopefully they're frolicking in the woods.

DIANE, sorry about your reaction to booster #2. DD was very sick after booster #1 and we're holding off for now. I'm sure it was emotional thinking of your dear cousin.

DONNA, good luck with this new chapter in your career. I keep seeing Jessica's bundle is still unavailable. I was thinking of only ordering the weights workouts anyway.

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-22, 11:20 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I ended up adding on another Burpee Girl workout - one of the ones from her "short workouts" channel and I also added in a CS episode from the 10 Day Glute/Core Challenge - Season 11 Episode 29.

Today, so far I just threw in a CS episode, also from the challenge - Season 13, Episode 18.

Plan to walk later and maybe some strength training, too. The weather is nice -we had storms that cooled things down.

Pat - that is terrible about the littering on the beach. Ugh.

Summer Breeze - glad the fawn and mom have gone off! I am on the fence about a 2nd booster, I got sick from shots # 2 and # 3 - and I know that even if I got a 4th shot, there would be more to come...so I am holding out for now. I would need to take at least a day off from work to deal w/ the side effects, and quite frankly, the next day I'm not quite up to it. If I knew it would be this one and done, I may be more inclined, but I am 99% sure there are more coming!

Diane - it is very sad about your cousin and so many others who were impacted early on in the pandemic.

Still waiting on my final offer AND on Jessica's new set to be available to order. But like most things in life, I'm thinking there are reasons for the delays and I just have to deal with it. On the Jessica front, anyway, I'm not ready to start using them - so I am thinking that I may just order digital when I'm ready for them. I do want to order Kassandra's book though...she is my go-to Yogi these days.

Waves, everyone!

Donna
Old 05-24-22, 05:28 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning,

What a change in weather. Over the weekend we were cooking, yesterday it was actually chilly! Looks like today will be similar.

Monday’s workout:
TreadLift Program by Jill Coleman – another jewel I found in my decluttering!
Treadmill interval workout: run 5 minutes, 1 minute Squat to shoulder press, 5 minute run, 1 minute pushups; repeat
Lesley’s Yoga for Sciatica
Bike Ride: 7.11 miles
Afternoon: Joelle’s Reclined Hip Stretch

Today’s workout:
Pushups and a Body Electric workout – Series 1100, Show #5
Walk in the park while DH runs - 2.77 miles

Pat: People are so lazy and some are so disgusting. It so saddens me to see the total disregard for our environment. It shouldn’t come as a surprise because look at what humans have done to our planet? Did you get any gardening done?

Summer Breeze: Thank you. It’s so strange how my cousin is in my thoughts every single day. There’s no escaping it because Covid is still here. I miss her so much. She was 4 years older than me and the closest thing I had to an older sibling. Good for not walking over the weekend. We got out very early to get our outdoor workouts done.

Donna: I didn’t know about Kassandra’s book. I’m going to look into it! I have to agree, things happen when they are supposed to. It's hard for me to be patient but if I am, things always work out as they should be.

Waves to Pam – have a great day everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-22, 06:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I just ordered Jessica's new set! Yes, being up early today waiting for the painters paid off!

I am getting the bulk of my DVDs on Saturday, since I'm not going to start using them right away either....I also pre-ordered Kassandra's (Yoga w/ Kassandra) book. The book comes out on June 21st.

Maybe if I get all the DVDs I'll start on Monday.....I think the one bathroom project will be done by then and the 2nd project is not starting until July.

I feel I need some structure but then again, I may rebel....I'll play it by ear.

Yesterday I added on an outdoor walk and one of the Senior Shape w/ Lauren workouts - Strength Training Workout for Beginners & Seniors - this was all done on the floor so good for a "lazy" day when you still want to do something.

Today not sure what I will squeeze in, hopefully something!

Maybe I'll get my offer letter today, too, LOL!

Diane - I agree, it is hard to be patient!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-24-22, 08:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

48 minute outdoor walk

Such a lovely day yesterday. I was thinking during my walk if I lived in San Diego I would walk 365 days a year. LOL. Today is cloudy and cooler but I am still planning on getting out there.

DONNA, congrats on getting Jessica's bundle. When I checked a little while ago it was still unavailable (or unavailable again maybe?). Good workouts.

DIANE, you're smart to get out there early and get your workout done.

Waves to PAT & PAM.

Have a wonderful day!

summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga