Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-11, 08:31 AM  
Fitmama

Does anyone workout in Earth shoes?

I have one pair of Earth flip flops and I am considering a pair of Earth athletic shoes to see if the negitive heel will help my alignment during workouts.

If you wear these could you tell me which model you use and what you think of them? Thanks!

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 10:03 AM  
mtngoat

I'd be interested in hearing, too! I have some Earth hiking boots, and I like them.

I was wondering how Earth shoes would work with a kettlebell workout - the negative heel should really be good for form, I would think. (I can't work out barefoot due to PF.)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 11:23 AM  
laurajhawk

I used a pair of Earth shoes for cardio for a little while; they felt great, but didn't give enough cushioning for high impact. I don't remember the model name, but they had the Kalso Lite sole, which is very comfy but VERY light. The standard Earth sole would probably be better for impact.

Lori, I'd think they would be great for kettlebell & other weight workouts. I love Earth shoes but do my low-impact workouts barefoot.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 11:58 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I don't work out in Earth shoes. I do have a pair of Earth shoes (this model) that are my go-to shoes when I need to do a lot of walking, as my feet don't seem to get tired when I am wearing them.

However, I stopped to post on this thread because I thought you/others might be interested to know that I just purchased a pair of Skechers Toners to use for working out. Here are the ones I got (the white/lime ones!):
http://www.amazon.com/Skechers-Women...5392252&sr=8-1

As you can see, they aren't nearly as "clunky" as other types of Skechers Shape-Ups. So far, I really like them; they add sort of a dynamic feel to my workouts.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 12:25 PM  
neatski

I used to. They were fantastic- I had two pairs, one without a lot of cushioning and one with, and I used both for high impact. They helped me keep proper form on lunges and squats by forcing me to put my weight in my heels. I found that I had no knee pain while using them (in contrast to conventional shoes). Now I've transitioned to working out barefoot and like that even better, but if I had to wear shoes again and my Vibrams weren't available, I'd use my Earth shoes again.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 01:37 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I do most of my walking in Earth shoes (Earth Glides) and more recently started using them for other workouts as well.

I can't tell if the negative heel is doing much as I'm so used to it: wearing Earth shoes to work, etc. but the pairs I have are all at least 5 years old (they stopped making nice vegan dressier styles a while ago...boo!). They certainly have not worked against cellulite!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
earth shoes