Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-21-23, 10:23 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was one of those melt-y days. This morning, I unloaded the dishwasher, put on a laundry load, and was at the dentist's by 10:00 a.m. They said I need a root canal! Fortunately, root canals aren't all that bad for me. It must be genetic because Dad says the same thing. I'll do that on Friday morning.

This afternoon, I did a lot of computer work because the company whose program I'm following on building an online business recovered all of the keyword research I accidentally deleted. So, I finally got that re-done and tomorrow I'll redo the analysis. Then, maybe I can move forward from this analysis phase I've been doing for what feels like a long time. I also cooked DH dinner and snuggled with Polly for a long time. One of the times we put drops in Polly's eyes, she didn't even get mad about it. (First time!)

I decided against the job. It's a contract position and I applied because the way it was written, it wasn't clear if it was full or part-time. It was worth applying to find out because it looked like a fabulous job for me. Then, it was full-time for 6 months and I thought I could do it if they weren't a long way away. Then it went to 1-2 years. Nope! I don't even want to talk about that! And that's fine. As you all said, I'm too busy for that!

Paula - The reason why I asked about chiropractic is that some chiropractors use massage. Some PTs do as well. The trick will be to find someone who does that and does it well.

Anita - Are you interested in that job? It would cut into your putzing. But that might be good. Good job on the walk!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 08:24 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I had a good time yesterday in the strength class - felt a bit of soreness yesterday in my muscles, but today I’m fine so far. I’ll be going back tomorrow. Today I’m having a call with a MOBE counselor- I’m not sure what we’ll be discussing, but it will hopefully go well. MOBE is some sort of counselors associated with my health insurance, so we discuss healthy living. Otherwise not much planned - I’ll be working on the photos and going for a walk.

Vantreesta, I was surprised how high the step count was - I took a new path. I’ll confirm the numbers doing it again some day. I don’t find any issues eating a whole pie by myself , just usually not in one day .

Paula, nice on getting more recessed lights. The traditional ones with the hole in the ceiling won’t be put in my co-op, but they have some sort of flatter light that functions like the recessed light. I’m hoping my previous person that redid my house will help me position those lights well because of my sight decreases at my co-op, whenever that gets built. I liked the strength class, kind of beginning level, which I wanted, but whole body exercises with lots of squatting. We used kettlebells, plates, ropes, dumbbells, etc.

Laura, eeek! I’ve never had a root canal and hope never to get one. Glad you were able to recover what you lost on that computer program, but sounds like that involved a lot of work on your end. Yay, Polly, on handling the drops! I’m not even looking at jobs for myself - frankly, I don’t think I could do what I used to do that involved lots of thought. Glad you didn’t make a two year commitment! I’m not interested in adding the desk job right now, just checking to see what would be involved in the job and of it was still a voluntary position.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 01:30 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I feel like it has been a busy day and that I haven't done much. I've done some computer work and I snuggled with Polly for a long time earlier. Now, I need to fun DH to the PT, so I need to go. I'll check back in later.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-22-23, 03:56 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

OK. I'm back. I didn't realize how late it was when I started my post before. Today is going by too quickly.

It has been a rainy, drizzly day. It's also in the low 60s, so it is kinda nice. After we got home from the PT, Polly shadowed DH as he walked around and now she's on his lap. She has been a real sweetie today.

Anita - Good job on getting to the strength workout. It's good soreness hasn't been a factor today. How did the MOBE conversation go? Was it helpful? We generally skip that kind of thing with our insurance company because they don't seem to take any personal considerations into account. They just want to get us to conform to their desired processes. I mainly look at job postings once in a while because I can't figure out how to turn them off on Indeed. I'm about ready to block them.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-22-23, 04:44 PM  
Vantreesta

I got home from AZ a few hours ago. I unloaded the car, texted a little and then took a nap. I'd like some more nap, please! Gotta go walk Cyric and get back into the swing of things. Hubby might be disappointed I'm not cooking tonight but he'll love the cookies I baked to bring home for him. I will go to bed decent tonight and hopefully sleep like a log. The hotel I stayed in Monday night was a dump plus didn't make me feel the safest. Thankfully Cyric was with me but I still slept in my clothes and the TV and one light on. I was up at 5 yesterday to get out of there as soon as I could. Last night was a fabulous room and I slept okay but I stayed up till 11:00 so didn't sleep long enough. The trip takes me like 30 hours so I'm looking forward to doing little to nothing tmrw!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 08:54 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 9 Stretch.

The new lights were installed today and we are pleased with them. It rained on and off all day and I never got out at all.

Laura, I’m glad Polly has finally apparently decided you’re not trying to kill her when you’re putting in the eye drops. So glad you were able to recover the material you accidently deleted. Sounds like it was the right decision not to take that job – writing a book and starting a web site is job enough. I do hope the PT (if it ever gets approved) will do some massage. Glad you find root canals no big deal – personally I hate them and would hope to never have another one.

Anita, glad you enjoyed the strength class. I’m always hungry after strength class. Since I work out in the morning so I eat a big breakfast afterward. Not sure I’ve ever had a counseling conversation with my health insurance.

Vantreestra, I must have missed something, I didn’t know you were going to Arizona. Or maybe I did and forgot – forgetting things is becoming my super power. Sounds like you had a scary stay at the one hotel. I’ve traveled alone and I’m lucky I’ve never had any problems. One hotel I stayed at was beside an adult bookstore. I felt safe enough inside the hotel but the area was sketchy.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 09:52 PM  
Vantreesta

Paula, no, you didn't forget or miss anything. I never post that I'm going to be gone. Way too paranoid! I suspect I somewhat overreacted on the hotel but not sure. I wanted to stay at the one across the street from there, where I have stayed before, but they were full. I should have booked it when I was looking the night before but I have never run into no vacancy on my trips. I can't imagine why they were full on a Monday night. It wasn't a tourist town for spring break or anything.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 08:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Trying to see if we’ll be having a game of Carcassonne or Yahtzee this morning before I go out for my strength class. After the strength class, I’ll go for a walk and stop by a store. More putzing planned for home.

Laura, ever feel Polly stalks laps? The MOBE talk went OK - I got a bunch of recipes sent to me that I probably will never do as I told her I don’t cook - just microwave, for the most part. I’ll have another conversation with her in a week.

Vantreesta, hope you had a good time in AZ! I haven’t been there in quite a while, but this time of year is lovely there! I take it Cyric is a good traveler with you . Sorry you didn’t feel safe at the hotel - I’ve had a night like that a looooong time ago - I was at a major trucking stop with a broken down car waiting for my parents to come down and help.

Paula, glad you’re enjoying your new lights! I get a bit hungry after the class also - maybe I shouldn’t be stopping by a store afterwards?

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-23-23, 10:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Cardio and Body Weight Strength and a Sarah Starr Morning Stretch.

We’d been talking about booking a cruise. I wanted to go back to the Western Caribbean but nothing was working out. So we thought maybe we’d do the Mexican Rivera (again) started trying to book it and everything was taken except two awful rooms. So we gave up and said oh well, not this year. About 10/15 minutes later the agent I’d been talking with said they just had a balcony room cancellation and did I want it – checked out the room location and booked it. Not the location I’d pick if there were more options but right now I’m just grateful we got something. It departs 4/16 and gets back 4/23 and leaves from San Diego.

Vantreestra, when you’re traveling alone, it’s not possible to be too paranoid. Did you have a good time in AZ? Were there any wild flowers out? I had a similar hotel situation once. I figured it would be easy to get a hotel in Rawlings, WY on a week night, turned out I was wrong. It was parents week at the local University. Finally found a hotel with one room left – the most expensive suite they had, plucked down my credit card and was grateful to get it. Now I try never to be in that situation again. You’re lucky to have Cyric with you – a dog is always a good companion and would make me feel more secure. Many more hotels seem to accept pets these days.

Anita, hope you got a game in before your class. What type of recipes did she send you? Are these supposed to be some specific diet like gluten free? Yeah, maybe stopping by the store after a strength workout might not be the best idea. Of course you’ll have lots of groceries for the week.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-23, 06:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC this morning, followed by a nice walk. Just putzing around again at home - the snow is gradually melting, but not enough to get out into my back yard and go to my shed back there. Still haven’t worked on those photos…

Paula, no game yesterday - my friend cancelled out. No, the recipes I got were supposedly simple breakfast recipes involving lots of fruits and veggies and, to me, lots more work than what I normally do in the morning. Frankly, I just heat and eat for the most part. Glad you got a nice space for your cruise! I think most people book these cruises many months in advance.

Waves to all!

Anita