Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-23, 04:53 PM  
Helen

Every Day in March - all welcome, always! :D

Welcome to the "Every Day Check-In"

GROUP
Lately, we've been an awesome foursome but we all love it when newcomers pop in, and even better when they stay.
If you've been hunting for a checkin (a new one, another one, your first one....) - give us a try!

WORKOUTS
We don't focus on any kind of workouts, just daily activity. Something is always better than nothing - there's no pressure to lift or sweat in particular. The focus is to do something related to exercise EVERY DAY.

Anything goes - a simple list of what you've done for the day/week (drive-by posts) through to daily essays that include workouts, life, loves, laughs, and venting are ALL OK.

LEXICON
  • WERD = Well-earned rest day (when your body says to pause, listen)
  • TERD = Totally expected rest day (planned rest, life events, ....)
  • TURD = Totally unexpected rest day (emphasis on singular, but stuff happens y’know?)
  • HERD of TURDS. Usually declared after the 3rd TURD in a row. Physical and mental health are always better with daily movement - be good to yourself and shift that herd!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-23, 06:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Thanks again for starting off the month! I hope this one is more productive than the last.

3/1 - short dog walk in between appointments
3/2 - dog walk
started one of Cathe's Boss Bands premixes, but 10 minutes in my knee didn't like it, so pulled that out.
Margaret Richard's Unplugged E2026

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 07:46 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Need my arrow

Hi Everyone!

Helen: thanks for starting us off.

Lili: So glad you're hanging around ....

Me? Well, not so good on the workout front, but trying. Seem to be in an every other day off. There are reasons though, so I'm ok with it. I will get back in the groove. Today should be an "on" day (meaning I should get a workout in.)

While I'm here:

3/1/2023: Matt's HIIT 20 mins., 10 mins. cooldown ride and 5 mins. post ride stretch

3/2/2023: Rest day

There you have it. Not my best start to the month, but I will chug along.

Waves to all.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 12:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Still just dog walks and toe yoga/foot mobility for me.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-23, 09:29 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Still just dog walks and toe yoga/foot mobility for me.
BUT IT COUNTS!!! Good for you.

3/3/2023: 30 mins EDM ride with Charlotte (a German instructor - new to me), 5 mins. Cool down ride, Post Ride Stretch and 2.5 hours of Pickleball

Life is good. 2 more rides for this week. Right on schedule. (I'm into extra credit now - the core rides are done).

Waves to all!
Make it a great day/night/ morning ....
Cleda
Old 03-03-23, 10:30 PM  
Helen

argh - lost a post. KNOW it was the blasted WiFi issue on thisi computer.

Cleda is right - those dog walks COUNT!

Anyway - March hasn't really begun yet APART from dog walks.
Rising at 5am, end up sitting at desk with coffee doing work - no WAY am I up to a workout. Then in the afternoon/evening, I'm tired & take Alice out well ahead of train-pickup time, for HER outing; home for dinner & I'm done.

STS Meso 2 is due to start on Monday, so there's a push for me. This month things should begin to cool off as well (it's been SO sticky/humid, yuck - combined with hot flushes, I feel like I need a shower ALL the time.)

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-06-23, 04:30 AM  
Helen

ahh - you know that heat I was talking about?

Well... it was 104F (40C) at 4pm this afternoon and just walked outside (at 8pm) and it's still and stifling. Have managed to do Alice walks weekday mornings with the 5am rising, and THIS morning, made progress to the point of putting on fitwear, but didn't actually make it upstairs to the gym. These 5am starts only last until Thursday though - but hey ! I have been getting up at 5am!! and ONLY ONCE went back to bed after they (DH & Cait) left for the train station.

Due to cool back to a top of 84F by Thursday. I'm not doing anything that would NORMALLY work up a sweat above 85F (30C) - that's my limit. As soon as I hit post though, I might look at what mini A/C units for the gym space would cost. Would being mezzanine just allow the cold to drop down to the kitchen/dining area so it'd be pointless? I do have a generously sized fan up there.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 03-06-23, 07:16 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - Ugh on the heat. In our area, we pretty much all have air conditioning. You never needed it before, so it becomes a real issue in these days of global warming. Hope it improves for you. For us, it's lack of snow and I love walking in the snow! I'm sure Cleda is grateful that we have been spared.
Vantreesta - dog walks definitely count! And your dog walks are very brisk, so you are good!
Cleda - I'm right there with you in the every other day thing. Some days it's scheduling issues, but most days I'm just lazy or tired.

3/3 - Jessica's Belly, Buns & Thighs Walk, 42 min.
3/4 - short dog walk
3/5 - dog walk
GHU Beginner strength something, 32 min.
20 Min. Soul Walk w/ Joslyn on the tread.

Last edited by LiliMagill; 03-07-23 at 08:27 AM. Reason: fixed the date
Old 03-08-23, 07:59 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oh dog done it ....

I got behind again. I came several times to post. Not sure why I didn't. But here I am catching up. I"m off today, so before I head to the exercise room and off to play pickleball, I think I better get caught up. . . .

Lili: I am trying to at least do SOMETHING, even if it's only 20-30 mins. It doesn't take a lot. I can move. It's so beneficial. I have to remind myself that I am blessed to have all the choices I have (be it You tube, videos, vhs or equipment) and the knowledge to go with it. You know the old saying: A body in motion STAYS in motion. however, I do enjoy the couch and sleep. You at least have dog walks and hikes with dh.

Helen: That is some heat you're having. In contrast to our 28F we had overnight and woke up to snow yesterday (that I had to clear off to get to work!!!) It will pass. Both my snow and cold temps and your heat. We just have to hang in there.

Waves to everyone else!!!

On to me, me and all me:

3/4/2023: 30 minutes Latin Ride, (Camilla Ramon) 5 mins cool down ride, 5 mins. stretch ** (I worked on Sat. so I got done a quick one before going in to the office)

3/5/2023: 5 mins. Warm Up row, 30 mins. Row, 5 mins. Cool down row, 45 mins. Christine Low Impact Ride, 5 mins. CDE stretch

3/6/2023: 20 mins. (Drive) row, 5 mins. cool down row, 20 mins. Cody Interval ride on the Peloton, 10 mins. Cool Down ride, 5 mins. Post ride stretch

3/7/2023: 30 mins. Jenn Sherman Rock ride

I am trying to once again make time to stretch and cool down. So important to bring my body temperature back to normal. Doesn't always work (See 3/7) but I'm trying.

The challenge continues and I'm moving right along. I am in week 3.

The DRIVE row was difficult (not my favorites) not sure why I picked it. Oh! Because I need variety in my rowing and it does me good.

Cody was meh. But mellower than usual. Jenn was meh. So I am hoping to get the challenge rides done early so I can do some good rides this weekend. I am getting exposure to rides I would not normally do. Some are good. Some are meh. (More meh than good) and there's all the intervals. Good gollyl!!! Today (I'm obviously procrastinating) is tabata and we all know how much I love that! NOT ......... But it's good for me.

Oh and the Latin ride? I enjoyed it. Wonderful driving beat music and Camilla Ramon was delightful!!! This was a keeper.

Ok, gotta run. . . the bike, some pickleball and then I"m done for the day with exercise.

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 03-08-23, 11:43 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

3/6 - hike with DH, 3+ miles, we got a late start, ran into the friend of ours from work, turned around and walked back with him and never turned off the Fitbit. Not sure how far we went.
3/7 - dog walk
Jessica's Total Body Training, 30 min.
Body Project's Low Impact something, 22 min.

I put together a 2 week rotation, now let's see if I follow it! I like not having to decide what to do, but then I don't always feel up to what's on the rotation. Time will tell!