Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-23, 03:00 PM  
JustSandra

Oh Linda! Our prayers for Miss MM. She's a tough little lady.

Today's Workout: Body Pump class at the gym. I've come down with a cold so it might not have been the wisest decision to go, but I really wanted to attend the first Saturday session.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-23, 07:27 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Meow Meow and I thank you dear Beth and Sandra. Meow was in a lot of pain this morning but she's drugged now. If you bend your knees to get your butt real low and walk, that's how Meow was walking this morning. She's not back to her normal yet but she's close. The vet first said Meow Meow fell and bruised her ribs. That makes sense because she jumps and runs from window to window at that hour when the deer are out. Then she did more blood work and said Meow could've had a stroke. After we were home awhile I held her around the ribs to pick her up and she growled. That sounds like bruised ribs to me. We'll see another vet at the beginning of the week for followup and another opinion. We'll be sleeping on the floor tonite to keep her away from the bedroom windows. The chemo driver came through again when I needed her. God bless her.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 10:08 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Sculpture Upper Body selections plus abs (24 minutes)

Sandra, I hope you get over your cold quickly.

Linda, I hope Meow Meow is OK. I'm glad you have someone to drive you and MM.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 06:53 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end!

Linda - I sure hope little MM is doing better today and that the problem is sore ribs secondary to an ambitious jump and not a stroke. I've observed that my cat uses a similar crouching type stance when he isn't feeling well and is trying not to draw attention to himself. Thank goodness for the chemo driver. I would do the thumb first, if you decide to have surgery.

Sandra - Hooray on the clear margins! I need to do a better job of wearing a hat when I'm out in the sun. I try to wear a hat when I'm working out in the yard (largely so the back of my neck doesn't burn), but can be fairly slack otherwise. Hooray for another Body Pump class.

Paine - You'd asked how long I sit outside in the AM - I shoot for 15 - 20 minutes/day. Some days when it's terribly overcast I wonder if I'm getting any benefit, but feel it's important to maintain the routine. I'm trying to trial off coffee, but will have a cup of black tea in the AM some days, along with a cup or two of turmeric ginger tea.

Beth - Yuck on the snow. We had warm and sunny to windy and rainy (reminiscent of hurricane conditions with roaring wind and sideways torrential rain ) this week. Looking forward to your new lunchtime video.

Pat - I was in hip hell with you this week. I went out and walked on Tuesday when we had such beautiful weather and my wonky hip was screaming like a banshee for several days afterward. I've enjoyed being serenaded by the songbirds in the mornings while I sit on my porch. Yesterday, a massively puffed up mockingbird came strutting along the porch railing and at first I didn't realize what was up until he flew into a nearby bush to chase away a competitor. I was afraid he was going to pop! I hope your Kassandra affirmation cards finally arrived safely. That morning yin video looks really nice - I've added it to the to do list.

Jeanette hasn't popped by recently - I sure hope her son is continuing to recover. Has anyone seen DonnaD since the brutal winter storms in her area?

Aloha, Pam! Enjoy your remaining time in paradise.

We have the Spring Equinox coming up soon. Anyone have any thoughts on what they might do? I was thinking it might be a good time to engage in some self-care rituals to celebrate warm weather, more hours of daylight, changing of the seasons, etc.

I've gathered some fitness toys to put in my office to go along with my March goals of working on strength, glut failure (LOL!) and combating stiff old hag syndrome. I wish I had some open wall space so I could do some standing rolling ball or roller work in my office - still trying to come up something.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-23, 08:57 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Paine - thank you. Meow ran from the kitchen to the living room today. She'll be fine. Thank God. The chemo driver goes above and beyond.

cyana - when your cat walks like that is he screaming in pain? She woke me with a blood curdling scream that I knew was pain. Being MM for miss mouth (said very lovingly) she kept it up and was obviously in distress. Thanks to her little mouth the vet tech took her to the back before I had checked in. It's time to fight with her to get the pain med in her mouth. When I want her to open it she glues it shut. The last dose went on my sleeve.

Old 03-05-23, 10:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Linda, so glad to hear MM is recovering - definitely above and beyond for the chemo driver!!!

Sandra, that's great news about the clear margins.

Pat I added that Kassandra practice to my watchlist. I have been doing a lot of yin from Yoga with Shaunneka because I like the longer holds.

Paine, you seem to be having a MR-focused week.

cyana, the lunchtime video is set to "Premiere" at 11:45 am EST tomorrow.

I don't have a particular equinox focus, but I went to class this morning (slow flow) and am planning to go to the restorative class next Sunday. I will also teach this week with a focus on forward folds to prep for the time change. For workouts I've been doing more Pilates to combat menopause (more specifically, menopot), and I'm trying to add back in doing more unweighted arms on a regular basis.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-23, 10:04 AM  
cyana

Moan Day Condolences to ALL who suffer.

This morning I definitely observed that I enjoy my porch sitting far more on the week-end when the private school people aren't doing car pool. DH and I always celebrate their holidays and summer break.

Linda - When the cat had the ruptured dental abscess last year, he panicked and tried to go into hiding as blood was dripping from his mouth, but didn't utter a peep. I'm glad the vet was able to see MM right away and address her pain. It's so unsettling (terrifying) when our pets are in distress since they can't tell us what's wrong. You have my condolences on medicating a cat - pound for pound, they must have jaw strength equal to that of a great white shark! I never had trouble getting medication into a dog, but cats are a whole 'nuther universe! Speaking of pets, the "old man" just meandered in and jumped up on my desk so he can veg out in the sun while I'm working.

Beth - I was happy to see a new class from Mimi Kuo-Deemer in my MFML email today. I'll keep an eye out for your new lunch time class. This morning, I was thinking that in my attempt to shake things up for spring, I might try doing some work-outs on my front porch at lunch time since there's railing and some shrubs, so I wouldn't be too conspicuous, LOL!! I'm trying to spend more time away from the desk and I have some bad habits that need to change - like working through lunch.

The other thing I couldn't remember previously that I wanted to work on this month is balance. Literal balance, as well as having more balance in my life.

Need to get back over to the work desk. My dance card is already full for the day, so I need to move a few mountains.

Hope everyone has a good day!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-23, 10:47 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Beth - the chemo driver was here very early on a Saturday. She gets extra points for waking up.

cyana - when something's wrong they try to hide. Since I had closed doors to the bedrooms her only choice was the bathroom. Dogs are easy. Our Golden Retriever, would open her mouth when I said "opie." If I said "bath" she went to the tub and got in. Yesterday afternoon I offered MM a treat and when she opened her mouth I got in. Last night she fought me and I wore the medicine. This morning I chased her around the living room and got it in when she opened her mouth to yell at me. That's my girl!!
I hope she didn't have a clot because I cannot get the blood thinner pill into her no matter what. Once she gets off the pain med she'll be more active. She's a lot more fun when she isn't drugged.
My front porch is screened with black screen. I have a Gazelle and one of those bikes that are just a seat and pedals. I should be getting the Scoop Lateral Trainer today. It's small like Cubii
with pedals that go around sideways.

Old 03-06-23, 10:48 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Moan Day oye, I really have the Moan Day Blues today. I was just starting to get a few neglected projects done around the house and would have preferred to keep going on that this morning.

Yesterday I took several breaks from my chores to march in place and do a standing move from my PT; later I did all of my home PT and stretch.

I signed up for motivational emails from Arnold S. this weekend, called The Pump Daily. Arnold has always been an inspiration for me, and I hope the daily emails will give me a little nudge. This morning's had a link to a very nice stretch - T-spine rotation with rib grab. Arnold calls it The Bretzel.

Waves to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-23, 01:59 PM  
JustSandra

Hi all!

Today's Workout: Body Pump class at my gym -- well, most of it. With my cold I'm not at full strength, and about 40 minutes in I realized it would be prudent to cut things a little short today.

I'm now able to discontinue the gauze bandage over my incision. The incision itself is not beautiful but it isn't all that bad, either (and will of course shrink and fade over time). Also, since it is fairly close to my ear, you don't really see it unless you look at my face in profile. At this point it is less alarming than wearing a big white bandage on my face!

Linda: That's very cheering news re Miss MM. I've owned a number of cats over my life and I have never been able to "pill" a single one of them! I always ask the vet if they can do a pain shot instead, and they generally can. I've also occasionally crushed a pill into something yummy.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote