Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-10-23, 06:09 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Cambet - I usually put on a podcast or listen to my book when doing Leslie. it passes the time faster, and it's not like Leslie is hard to follow! Ya, she talks too much.

SB - I did another Lift with Cee yesterday. It was a 20 minute full body, but seemed to move faster than the other one I did. Do all of her fullbody wkouts follow the 2 repeated sets format?

Wed: skiing.
Thur: Lift with Cee and some stepping with Rebecca S.
Today: 50 minute walk

Well, I took up skiing about 8 years ago thanks to a friend who pushed me. At that time, my DH and I both bought new equipment because our old stuff was from 30 years ago. Yeste
Old 03-11-23, 09:05 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did 2 Leslie miles from the 5 Day SlimDown DVD (Slim Your Legs & Sculpt Your Arms). I had forgotten about this one. The idea is that you do a mile each morning, 4 of which are 14 mins and the last faster mile is 12. It's Leslie by herself, so it's she's not so silly. I may do this one more often also. On Tu/Th I teach at 8:00 am, so that wouldn't work, but on MWF I could probably fit her in. We'll see. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day!

SB - Great job with your workouts! It's always nice when walking is functional, even if it means going a little further than usual. I think I saw on the news that your area is expecting snow, so I hope it's not too bad. We'll drop from a hi of 61 today to 48 tomorrow with rain (and then back up to 61 on Monday), so I'm going to try to get my errands done today so that I don't even have to go out tomorrow. I'll probably check out LWC while I'm checking out Cee.

Nora - Wow, great job with your workouts, too! I've always been curious about skiiing and wondered if I would be any good at it, I've just never the chance to do it. Cool that you can add it in to your fitness routine. Listening to something other than Leslie while doing her workouts is a great idea.

Hope you both have a great day!
Old 03-11-23, 10:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

I never did get around to a workout yesterday. I got a few phone calls that ate up my workout window and then I visited with my sister. I was done by the time I got home. LOL. Maybe I'll try for LWC today.

NORA, good job with your workouts and skiing. I don't know about all of Cee's workouts, but her 20 minute full body series follows the 2 trisets repeated twice format. She does have other workouts and programs though. I haven't gotten beyond the 20 minute workout series.

CAMBET, nice job with Leslie. I'm almost tempted to break some of her dvds out of storage. We only got a wet coating of snow here in my area thankfully. I'm sure other areas more north of here got more. I think another snow event is coming Tuesday. Figures now that spring is almost here. LOL. I attempted skiing many decades ago. It wasn't for me, I was too scared So kudos to NORA!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-23, 09:22 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

My last sentence from my last post got cut off. It was …yesterday was the first time DH used his “new” equipment.

Today was yoga class and a half hour walk.

Cambet, I live 20 minutes from mount Orford, so it’s crazy for me not to ski! Go google it and see how beautiful it is. So skiing there is a way for me to see the beauty of winter - which ain’t a given for me most of the time!
Old 03-12-23, 09:25 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did 2 miles of Leslie walks from the 5 Day Slim Down (Trim Your Tummy and Classic Walk) and then I had a neighborhood meeting and dinner with a friend. After I got home I had about 7,500 steps (and I had majorly overeaten), so I tacked on another mile and a half, the Speed Walk and half of the Classic Walk again. Made it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

It's cold (right now the temp is 39) and rainy here today, but if there's a long enough break in the rain I'm going to take a walk with one of the Italy crew.

SB - When it comes to working out, some days are like that. I hope you had a good visit with your sister. I'm glad you only got a light coating of snow, and not more than that. I'm glad I pulled out my Leslie's; I think it's the simplicity that I'm enjoying. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with her, since she won't shut up, lol, but I can usually take her for the short walks. I might start listening to other things for the longer walks because, like Nora said, you don't have to listen to her to follow the workouts.

Nora - Great job with your workouts! I did google Mount Orford. Wow, incredible views in winter and also even when it's not covered in snow. Such a beautiful area!

Old 03-12-23, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

48 minute outdoor walk

Probably another walk today. I hope to motivate myself to do some weights too.
I usually get a little lethargic after the time change so we'll see what happens.

NORA, oh that's funny that DH used the ski equipment for the first time. LOL. I'll have to look up Mount Orford too. DD and I have been saying for years we want to visit Canada, maybe one of these years. Good workout.

Hi CAMBET. ETA -- we posted at the same time. Good job getting your steps in with Leslie's help.

Have a great day!!
Old 03-13-23, 08:37 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday was all Leslie 5 Day Slim Down. I finished her Classic Walk and did most of Slim Your Legs. Then it was cold and rainy, so the Italy Crew member that I was supposed to walk with suggested that instead of walking, we drive up to Asheville, NC to see an independent film. I had so much to do, but the idea of getting away, even for just an afternoon was appealing, so I went. We had a nice time!

Later, after eating dinner, I did Leslie's Speed Walk and then a little later I did Sculpt Your Arms and Slim Your Legs. Made it to over 10,100 steps for the day. I'm behind on my work, but there's always something else to be done, so I'll try to catch myself up today as much as I can.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! With the time change, it was like the day flew by yesterday. I'm feeling a little lethargic too. I'm hoping I snap out of if as the week goes on. Hope you have a great day!

Waves to Nora!
Old 03-13-23, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

Today is rain and tomorrow is snow so I'll be looking at some indoor workouts to do.

CAMBET, nice work getting your steps in.
It is good to get away sometimes.
The work will always be there waiting to be done. LOL. Was the film good? I peeked at the Oscars here and there last night but I haven't seen any of the movies nor heard of most of them. Oh well.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-13-23, 04:48 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hello you two.
Cambet, you’re making me think I should buy a couple more Leslie cds. Or maybe she’s on YouTube? I don’t know
SB, for sure you should visit! I recommend summer. I read somewhere there is a new faster train link between nyc and mtl soon.

Yesterday, I did a 5k walk. Then, I remembered that I hadn’t done my third weight wkout for the week aaaargh. So, I did another 20 minute Cee. Yes SB, it was the same format with the trisets.
Old 03-14-23, 09:03 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did 3 of Leslie's 10 Min Mix & Match Walk Blasters throughout the evening/night. I did the Classic Walk, Upper Body Blast, and Lower Body Blast. Made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! I hope y'all don't get too much snow. We saw the movie "Living" about an older, stoic gentleman set in his routine as a bureaucrat (the movie is set in 1950s London) who finds out he doesn't have long to live and decides to try to make a difference with the time he has left. The beginning was slow-moving but overall it was well done and a good movie, I would say. The lead actor, Bill Nighy, was nominated for an Oscar. I also watched a bit of the Oscars and had not seen or heard of most of the nominated movies.

Nora - Great job with your workouts! There are lots of Leslie's on YT, so I would check her out there before buying anything.