Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-23, 10:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

It definitely felt colder outside yesterday than 50 degrees. It was very windy.
Good thing I wore my down coat. Hoping for another walk today.

NORA, nice job with Chalene. Yes Lift with Cee is a youtube channel. Very straightforward lifting and only 20 minutes.
Easy enough to fit in.

CAMBET, nice job with Cathe but yeah. 60 minutes on 2 body parts definitely wouldn't work for me. I don't do splits anyway. I'm always concerned I won't finish out the split during the week and some body parts will be neglected. lol I think using KCM's heavy weight workout is a great idea actually. Keep us posted. I was thinking of using a couple of her weights only dvds to rotate through. Maybe when I get tired of Lift with Cee.

Lift with Cee does have some split workouts but the 20 minute workouts I'm doing are full body routines. She covers all the major muscle groups in 20 minutes. So efficient and doable. Her channel is just so darn hard to navigate for me.

Have a great day!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-23, 09:42 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Last night I did the first 2 miles of Leslie's 5 Mile Fat Burning walk. Made it to over 9,100 steps for the day.

I have bad DOMS in my chest and back area. Hurts to lift my arms. I'm thinking I'll do a weight workout later, but we'll see.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk, especially in such cold. Oh, I didn't realize that you are doing 20min Lift with Cee full body workouts (though you probably said it). I was thinking that since they are short, they must be just a few body parts at a time. I guess I need to pay better attention. Hope you have a great day!

Waves to Nora.
Old 03-07-23, 10:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

I had to cut my walk a little short. I was meeting friends for a late lunch/early dinner and I had to get ready. I'm planning a walk today but the winds are howling again out there. We had a little snow coating overnight but it seems to be melting quickly.

CAMBET, well I always enjoy some DOMS but that sounds a little intense. Good job with Leslie and your steps.

I may not have mentioned Cee is full body.
Her theory is you do 5 of the 20 minute workouts in a week so by the end of the week each muscle has received the volume it needs for growth or whatever. She claims you can do them back to back because of the lower volume in each workout.
I don't do 5 a week but I probably should to get the optimum benefits. I do like them though.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day.
Old 03-07-23, 03:16 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I looked up Lift with Cee and did one of her 20 minute full body workouts. Thanks for the heads-up SB. I enjoyed it and will definitely be going back to check out more of her stuff. The 20 minute format is exactly what I need right now - unmotivated as I am! I also did a walking wkout that popped onto the youtube page. I lasted maybe 30 minutes.

Cambet - very impressive workouts. I hope your DOMS has calmed down. Sorry to hear about your knees too, and I hope that topical treatments are enough.

Tomorrow, it's downhill skiing. I've only gone twice this year and I need to go 2 more times to pay for my pass. Well, it may be spring where you are Cambet but we've got a ways to go here before any lawn mowing!
Old 03-08-23, 09:51 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Well, I had planned to do a strength workout yesterday but the combo of DOMS, dread, and waiting until too late after I got home to think about working out meant that it didn't happen. Even without a workout I made it over 8,900 steps for the day.

I did get up this morning and do Leslie's Walk & Jog (30 mins). I'll probably try to do something this evening after I get off work.

My DOMS was still pretty bad yesterday, but it's feeling better this morning.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk. Hope you had a great time with your friends. Thanks for explaining the Lift with Cee (I didn't realize that was her theory). Hmm. . . that sounds very doable, and now that you have inspired Nora to do it, maybe I should also look into it.

Nora- Great job with Lift with Cee and your other workout. You and SB may have inspired me to jump on the bandwagon. Downhill skiing? Wow, we are experiencing very different weather! Enjoy!

Have a great day!
Old 03-08-23, 10:33 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

46 minute outdoor walk

Planning another walk for today. We've been having some very strong winds the last couple of days but I'm forging ahead with the walks so far.

NORA, so glad you enjoyed Lift with Cee.
Those 20 minutes are hard to resist when your motivation is lacking. Enjoy your skiing day!

CAMBET, hope the DOMS is subsiding.
Leslie sounds like a good way to start off the day. Yes you might find Lift with Cee easier to fit in than some other workouts.
She does have different programs that are longer and some involve splits and different protocols. But her 20 minute program is the one she recommends for the 5 days a week. ETA -- I did have a great time with my friends thanks. One friend gave me a loaf of her homemade Irish soda bread which I love but not so good for my mindful eating plan. LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-09-23, 10:10 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

Yesterday in addition to the Leslie Walk and Jog DVD, I also did a 35 min walking meeting with a coworker. We went a different route than I usually go (I went with a different coworker than the one I usually walk with), and I found out the we have a new-ish rubber track now. We did two laps around it, and it was actually nice because it helped me have some bounce in my step, since I was walking in work shoes. Definitely planning to walk there again in the future. Made it to over 15,100 steps for the day.

My DOMs is finally almost gone. Yay. I'm getting my hair done this afternoon, so I'm not counting on getting in a workout today.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk (especially with the strong winds)! I'm definitely going to look into the Lift with Cee program you mentioned. I've looked at her YT stuff before, and some other programs, and I think I'm just getting it all confused. I think I could handle 20 mins 5 days a week, so it sounds good. Glad you had a great time with your friends. I don't know if I've ever had Irish soda bread, but I know what you mean about food temptations. Yesterday I ran into a coworker who had had lunch with some friends and one of them had given her a large red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting. She said if she was going to ruin her diet for the day, she didn't want it to be with that, since she's not a big fan of red velvet, and offered it to me. I told her I felt the same; if it had been chocolate or lemon, it would have been another story but red velvet is not a favorite. I recently made a pan of molasses bread, which I really like ; I'm trying to limit myself to one of two pieces a day, and that's been tough enough (since I made it, I know it's 145 calories a piece, which isn't too bad). Hope you have a great day!

Waves to Nora!
Old 03-09-23, 10:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

43 minute outdoor walk

Probably another walk today while the weather holds up. Chilly but sunny is ok. I think we have some rain/snow coming in on Friday? Who knows. I also want to do the Lift with Cee workouts 4 or 5 times a week to do the program the way it's meant to be done but that remains to be seen.

CAMBET, great step count. That rubber track sounds like a great idea. I would definitely be walking on that whenever I could. The molasses bread sounds good too. I love all kinds of bread unfortunately.
The Irish soda bread probably doesn't have a lot of calories per slice, the problem is limiting myself to one or 2 slices. LOL.
As I've mentioned, Cee's page is a little difficult to figure out but she usually puts 5 of the 20 minute workouts on the top of the page. Enjoy your hair appt.

Hi NORA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-10-23, 09:45 AM  
cambet

Good Morning,

I surprised myself and did Leslie's Walk and Kick last night. It was mostly because I had overeaten for the day and wanted to get some calorie points back with Lose It! I also did her 10 min Lite Walk from the 10 Min Walk Blasters. I took it pretty easy (no shoes; it was mostly about the movement) and managed not to sweat since I had recently gotten home from getting my hair done at the salon. I had not done Walk & Kick in ages but really like that one, other than wishing that Leslie would shut up sometimes , so I might do it more often. Made it to over 10,300 steps for the day.

SB - Great job with your outdoor walk! Our high today is 69, but Sunday the high is only 47 , so we're definitely going to get a big temp change. I'm looking forward to checking out the Lift with Cee programs this weekend, when I have more time (I know I looked at her before, but I don't remember whatever info I got from that). So glad the weekend is upon us. Have a great day!

Waves to Nora!
Old 03-10-23, 11:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

Lift with Cee 20 Min. W/O #20
49 minute outdoor walk

I got a little carried away with the exercise yesterday. LOL. The LWC workouts are short but they pack a punch with the heavier weights. I walked to the PO and back so I had no choice but if I didn't have a destination I would have went for a shorter walk. We have some rain/snow situation coming in today so I probably won't walk. Maybe LWC?

CAMBET, nice job fitting in some Leslie at the end of the day. Good luck with getting Leslie to shut up LOL. Yeah you do need a little time to figure Cee's channel out. Enjoy the weekend.

Have a great day!