Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-21-12, 06:01 PM  
blessed_mom_to_3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulou View Post
I thought after 25 years of buying workout videos I was way beyond paying good money for a cheesy workout. With reviews and video clips, you have a good idea before it gets to you right?

Well I managed to find one in Mary’s last sale. I did my research. Mary had a clip. It had five 5 star ratings on Amazon. (Possible insider reviews?) I have been into boxing workouts and I was intrigued. Ended up being dumbstruck at how I was suckered. It was good for a laugh though.

Z-BOX Fitness-The Workout. It is against the rules to make disparaging remarks about cast members so I can’t say too much but if anyone else is tempted by this one, contact me first. I still have it. Hidden away, because looking at the cover is a little embarrassing. Proof I am not the connoisseur of workout videos I thought I was.
I think even the most seasoned vidiot should be allowed a little leeway to occasionally get suckered into the latest and greatest that turns out to be...not.

The clip looks kinda cheesy but not atrocious or anything. I did stop it after about 45 seconds though. 45 Minutes might be another case entirely.
blessed_mom_to_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 06:23 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

That thighmaster commercial is horrible! She looks like a chronic masturbator. I googled that doctor's name and he is an eye doctor but he recommends the Thigh master and uses it himself. Great! LOL!!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 06:37 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I owned the Latoya Jackson one and actually did it. It wasn't bad! Looking at that clip of her in that yellow thing with all of the flowing hair made me hot (hot as in temperature) I never understood how women work out with their hair flowing. Gosh she looked, I guess like you would expect Latoya Jackson to look! I guess every famous person or almost every famous person has made a workout. I noticed that Gay has also done a workout with a model, I think the one they call The Body.
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 09:08 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Isn't Elle Macpherson known as 'The Body'? That would be Karen Voight who instructed her in Your Personal Best (available on DVD in the UK as The Body Workout). http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Macpher...2922851&sr=8-1
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 09:26 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Isn't Elle Macpherson known as 'The Body'? That would be Karen Voight who instructed her in Your Personal Best (available on DVD in the UK as The Body Workout). http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Macpher...2922851&sr=8-1
Yeah, Elle is "the body." I love that workout. That is the reason I still have a vcr in my closet.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-12, 10:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

And it's one of the reasons I have a DVD player that plays international regions.
Old 07-21-12, 11:09 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
And it's one of the reasons I have a DVD player that plays international regions.
I haven't really looked into getting one and have a pretty new-ish (few months old) blu-ray. But I've been lurking on the Deanne Berry thread and looking on amazon uk and those workouts look so fun!
Aren't the old Claudia Schiffer/Kathy Kaehler workouts available in PAL format?
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-12, 12:16 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Yes they're available as upper and lower body workouts and as a set.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CLAUDIA-SCHI...2934057&sr=8-1

Tags
embarrassing workouts, fun workouts, holiday workouts, ridiculous workouts, workout titles