Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-11-11, 01:20 PM  
Inchworm

Hotncmom,

Do you think the DVD's will be better? Will they have a bunch of the downloads or will they be different? How do you watch it through the xbox? I have Windows Movie maker on my computer, but for some reason, it doesn't allow me to burn cd's anymore, not a new computer. I'm wondering how else I could view downloads rather than on a smallish computer screen. I would be interested in a very well-rounded program and those foldover's sound great too. How do you find her upper body work? Also, are her ab and core workouts better than other barre ab work?

Thanks,
Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 01:35 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Best butt of my life - definitely bigger, but still better than small pancake butt.
That's the main reason I never jumped on the kettlebell bandwagon. The last thing I want is a bigger butt!
Old 09-11-11, 01:46 PM  
daisysunshine

I don't think the dvds will be "better" just pretty much on par with the level of Awesome that ballet body is. [and hotncmom, you are right - Upper, Lower, Core, just like the segments]. but you COULD wait for the dvds.... but i think spending the 10 dollars on the basics will let you know exactly what to expect.

her stuff is magic. imo the bestest.
[though i don't know techy-stuff how to watch via xbox. right now i do it via my computer until my a/v cord comes from the computer store and i can use my ipod on the t.v.]

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 02:43 PM  
mona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
All of t-tapp will work the bum, but the tempo lower body will fry it. I pulled it out for Wednesday's workout, thinking I'd do the whole thing. I finished the standing portion and was fried. On Friday, I tried to do the whole thing again, gave up at the end of standing and did the lower body portion this morning.

The lower body portion has Diva Derriere, which is an absolute killer
Uh oh, I'm a complete sucker for killer lower body work. Off to check out the T-Tapp website..

"You have been fully equipped for the race God specifically made for you." --Joel Osteen
mona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 06:06 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
How do you find her upper body work? Also, are her ab and core workouts better than other barre ab work?
I LOVE her upper body mat work. For a while that's most of what I did with Ballet Body because I preferred floorwork and Bum Bum for lower body stuff. I was about 50/50 on Leah's upper body weight work, some of the segments I really liked, and some I was very lukewarm on.

But I got the best results for my upper body ever combining Leah's mat work, light weights (using my favorite Leah segments or Core Fusion Body Sculpt or Kathy Smith Total Body Lift), and TA Mat Unweighted Arms. I was doing yoga fusion flow workouts too.

I have a general longstanding policy to not do crunches or c-curve type stuff, so I haven't really played around with her ab workouts much. Honestly, I have gotten pretty good results with all the plank work between Leah and yoga.

I just started a Meta Omni rotation (thanks to a loan from a fellow VF'er), and I am alternating that with Ballet Body. I do plan to do the crunches in Omni, because it's only 5 minutes, and I've read about others' great ab results for so long, I figured I'd break my rule and give it a shot.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-11, 09:26 PM  
killoffsonny

In answer to your question............no. Barre shapes the butt the best.
At least for me.
Old 09-11-11, 11:13 PM  
firmer88

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
That's the main reason I never jumped on the kettlebell bandwagon. The last thing I want is a bigger butt!
i second that. I don't want a bigger butt either!
firmer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 12:51 AM  
edensmom

Good old fashioned floorwork does it for me.
Your experience may vary bc barre never did my butt any favors.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 09:17 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmer88 View Post
i second that. I don't want a bigger butt either!
I understand, that was my feeling, too! But there's no way I'd trade in strong, lifted and shapely for my smaller old butt now - you just never know.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-11, 09:29 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I understand, that was my feeling, too! But there's no way I'd trade in strong, lifted and shapely for my smaller old butt now - you just never know.
Yeah that! It's not big, fat and shapeless, it's high and tight! I was shocked at the shape of my butt after a few months if kettlebells. It looked amazing!!!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre butt, butt, glutes, pretzel, spongebob butt