Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-11, 11:35 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I think James Brown was in the Walk Slim series-possibly the four mile walk?

I think she used the William Tell Overture in Walk Away Your Stress, but I do not remember weighted gloves in that workout.

I think the grandma mention was for the walker "Jo" in the original WATP or WATP for abs?

I could be wrong about all of the above

I agree-they all end up looking alike. She really should just number them or something.

Sherry
4 Fast Miles is the "James Brown" comment and The William Tell Overture is in Walk Away Your Stress. It's the only walk I own that has this song in it. It could be in another, but I know for sure it's in this one as well.

I don't have issues remembering which walk is which. I do however think she needs to be a little bit more creative with DVD covers. All too many have the same look just different tank top color as someone else mentioned.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 11:46 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't think she's going to change. People have been begging her for an outdoor workout, but so far, no luck. The sticky note idea is a good one (or stick a note inside).
She did one once and I cannot remember if this was for the Walking Club/Youtube or a DVD. It was with her daughter and other teens outside on a rather large stone patio. I am assuming by the size of the house (with tennis courts in the scene) that it was her house. It gave the feeling like her daughter had a bunch of friends over and they all were going to get in some movement aka "fun" with each other. I saw this a few yrs back and I cannot for the life of me remember the title or the format in which I saw it.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

Old 08-04-11, 12:27 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post

I don't have issues remembering which walk is which. I do however think she needs to be a little bit more creative with DVD covers. All too many have the same look just different tank top color as someone else mentioned.
Agreed. I think if the covers had one or two photos of the workout itself, we could see the set, the clothes, or the participants and would better remember the workout.
Old 08-05-11, 09:40 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

all I can say is, *I'd sign your petition* I agree whole heartedly. But, after all these years, she doesn't care. Her house is gorgeous. Her children are grown and she is in what we call, good shape. She said, she's not going to change a thing cause people still love her and her corny cackling. Her smile is not contagious to me. There are some smiles that scare the insides out and I'm glad I don't have to see them every day also. lol

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:23 AM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
all I can say is, *I'd sign your petition* I agree whole heartedly. But, after all these years, she doesn't care. Her house is gorgeous. Her children are grown and she is in what we call, good shape. She said, she's not going to change a thing cause people still love her and her corny cackling. Her smile is not contagious to me. There are some smiles that scare the insides out and I'm glad I don't have to see them every day also. lol
It does make sense. Why change something if you don't have to. She owns a gym, a studio, and now the Walk Leader Program. She has plenty of cash roll; no need to fix it if it isn't broken. But one can hope....

Old 08-05-11, 11:39 PM  
sologirlie

Hi!

I didn't read through everyone's replies so don't know if you got all your answers...

William Tell w/ weighted gloves - "Leslie's Power Walking System" or "3 mile power walk" - i have it as the power walking system set that also includes the power firm session. This is one of my favorite 3 milers...though wish the set wasn't so dark.

James Brown Doll - Walk Slim 4 Fast Miles (not to be confused with 4 Really Big Miles).

As far as grandma -that could be soooooooooooooooo many walks and a number of different walkers. I need a bit more specifics if there is a particular walk you are trying to narrow down. Joanne is the one that Leslie most often remarks on being a grandma and looking so good. Joanne has been walking with Leslie since the very first video - Walk Aerobics - in the 1980s. She looks exactly the same. Has not aged. She's always beautiful and strong.

I have everything Leslie has ever made so feel free to contact me any time and I should be able to answer most if not all of your questions

Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 11:43 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaigirl View Post
Karen's right - 3 Mile Power Walk does have William Tell and uses gloves. That's probably my favorite workout because I the mile that Mary Kay leads. (Although it feels kind of awkward, because I get the impression that Leslie, despite what she says, isn't so thrilled that Mary Kay is leading.)

The 3 Mile Power Walk w/ Mary Kay's mile uses soft hand weights, not weighted gloves. Leslie's Power Walking System is the 3 mile walk that uses weighted gloves and the William Tell music. Can't remember if Mary Kay's in it...no one else leads. Joanne is in it.

Star
Old 08-05-11, 11:45 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist of Eyes View Post
She did one once and I cannot remember if this was for the Walking Club/Youtube or a DVD. It was with her daughter and other teens outside on a rather large stone patio. I am assuming by the size of the house (with tennis courts in the scene) that it was her house. It gave the feeling like her daughter had a bunch of friends over and they all were going to get in some movement aka "fun" with each other. I saw this a few yrs back and I cannot for the life of me remember the title or the format in which I saw it.

Teen Mile in the Morning - available online only, has never been released - on Leslie's teen website.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that mile. Best music. Best energy. I could do it over and over and over again!!

Star
Old 08-05-11, 11:48 PM  
sologirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I don't think she's going to change. People have been begging her for an outdoor workout, but so far, no luck. The sticky note idea is a good one (or stick a note inside).
There have been TWO outdoor walks, although neither has been released on DVD.

Teen Mile in the Morning available on Leslie's Teen site. Awesome music and energy. Love that mile!

And more recently, "A Walk in Central Park" - Leslie filmed this in Central Park, New York City. It's an exclusive streaming walk for Walk Club members only.

Star
Old 08-06-11, 01:12 AM  
2ndgen

I agree, but I still love Leslie. I don't do her vids much anymore, though.

I would like to find which one it is that has a bonus ab workout that is filmed in a very pretty, peaceful sort of porch setting, totally unlike the set for the main workout on that DVD. I can't even remember which one was the main one or what it looked like, maybe one of the bat cave ones?

This little ab workout was/is so nice and peaceful and almost seems a planet away from the main workout. I really enjoyed doing it but can't find it again.

It really is totally silly that she doesn't have some sort of catalog.

Collage does a good job of telling the buyer which year whatever is being sold is a reissue of, but it doesn't tell me which is which.

So I stopped buying Leslie as I probably have or have had and gave away all of them at one time or another.

Tags
bat cave, leslie sansone, power walking system, which leslie is this?, workout titles