Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-11, 11:43 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Clips are up - these look tough!

Amy Dixon has posted preview clips of "Breathless Body" and "Give Me 10 More" on her website. She is taking pre-orders for the DVDs at full price ($19.99 each).

Breathless Body looks tough, she is breathing pretty heavy throughout. Talk about tough tabata or plyometrics!

I like the looks of "Give Me 10 More" it looks a lot like Kelly Coffey-Meyer's PowerSculpting or Circuit Burn or Marta Montenegro's workouts. I will be getting this one when Mary gets it in stock...
Old 05-04-11, 11:50 PM  
icebergslim

I think Breathless Body is more tabata/HIIT. It is interesting. But looking at the cover of the dvd and Amy's body in the actual vid clip, I see some air brushing here. I am not saying Amy does not look good, she does but air brushing looks apparent. I am interested in this one and don't care about the title. The title is about when you are finished with a round, you are breathless. I get it.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 11:51 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
Amy brings you a Tabata-style body-weight interval drills. You'll repeat each drill eight times for 20 sec. at your maximum intensity with a 10-sec. recovery (producer-supplied info).

That sounds fantastic to me. It's hard to find a good tabata workout on DVD. I don't know about getting her Give Me 10 More, but the minute Breathless is available I'm getting it.
Definitely looks like a tabata style workout, just like Tabata Inferno in the S90D workout program.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 01:46 AM  
Hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
I think Breathless Body is more tabata/HIIT. It is interesting. But looking at the cover of the dvd and Amy's body in the actual vid clip, I see some air brushing here. I am not saying Amy does not look good, she does but air brushing looks apparent. I am interested in this one and don't care about the title. The title is about when you are finished with a round, you are breathless. I get it.
These look really great. I like Amy and the workouts look fun and a bit different. I'm ordering them.

Amy's body type is a bit like Gin Miller's, I think. Gin even jokes about her own "great big butt" in some of her DVDs. Both are incredibly fit (Amy doesn't even seem "breathless" in the clips, but I have a strong feeling most consumers will be!) but they're also both sort of bottom-heavy mesomorphs.

That means that they come off looking relatively chunky and muscly on camera (though probably less so in person). Not exactly the ideal as far as marketing departments are concerned, hence the airbrushing...
Hej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 04:51 AM  
BurnRN

Oh, I've been anxiously awaiting these. They do look really good. There's something about Amy I really like, I think I'd buy almost anything she put out!
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 07:00 AM  
Darisa

These look fantastic.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:07 AM  
fluffydogfan

Wow. That woman who does the advanced version in the back on the Breathless Body DVD, holy mackerel. She IS an athlete. I want to be her someday.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:11 AM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
i notice with a lot of instructors. shame companies do that. i like the clip so far but will wait for mary to put up a longer clip.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 08:53 AM  
upperwside

going to order breathless body now.. the give me 10 more is not my cup of tea.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-11, 09:15 AM  
fluffydogfan

I'm confused by the "pre-order" process. You just put in your name and e-mail and they'll alert you when the DVD is ready for order? That's not much of a pre-order.

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amy dixon, breathless body, give me 10 more, titles, workout titles