Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-09, 12:15 PM  
AnMrsDe

What about DISCO ABS BOOGIE OOGIE BUNS & THIGHS?
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:26 PM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post

What about DISCO ABS BOOGIE OOGIE BUNS & THIGHS?
Mrs., did someone actually put out a dvd with this title?

Kerri
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:28 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri View Post
I think part of the problem is that we just don't have a nice sounding name for that part of the anatomy.
Some of the barre workouts call it the "seat". That's clear and inoffensive.

There's a funny bit in Core Fusion Body Sculpt where you've just finished the, er, SEAT segment, you sit down in a nice meditative cross-legged pose (in tone, it's a very mellow zen-like workout), and then Elisabeth says very loudly, "You're well on your way to a firm ... BUTT!"

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:47 PM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

There's a funny bit in Core Fusion Body Sculpt where you've just finished the, er, SEAT segment, you sit down in a nice meditative cross-legged pose (in tone, it's a very mellow zen-like workout), and then Elisabeth says very loudly, "You're well on your way to a firm ... BUTT!"
Hmmm, how do these sound? Brand New Seat and More, I Want That Seat, Better Body Better Seat, Amped Rockin' Seat. Kinda makes me think were talking auto upholstery!

Kerri
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:55 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
snarky-childish than clever-audacious. ...
i wrote that down - what a cool phrase, acey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
I never got ahold of these workouts but the "Yes Stepmother Dear" series ..some sort of play on "step"?! Oookaay.
was that a real workout, "Yes Stepmother Dear"?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:01 PM  
daisysunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post

that makes me giggle all the time because anything ballet barre ish goes "seat" and everytime elisabeth goes BUTT! it jolts me because it's like OOUH! you said the "B!" word!

Bikini bothers me. It makes me cringe because I don't wear a bikini, I will never wear a bikini and i don't need to get bikini ready AT ALL. and it irritates me to no end when i am previewing it (i can tune it out no problem during the actual workout) or i see the title and it says "Get Bikini Ready in no time" so I nominate (even though I LOVE this workout)

Minna Lessig's Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly and Boy Shorts Bottom. (Not only is it a mouthful, but it has bikini in it and for the longest time I didn't know what boy shorts WERE, then my friend told me and i was like why the heck would I want to have a bottom to wear shorts like that!)

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:04 PM  
Messe

Butt doesn't bother me--after all, it's short for buttocks. But what I'm waiting for are workouts from Cathe that use her two favorite euphemisms--maybe something like Chiseled Cheeks and Hot Hineys.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:14 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Edington View Post
Butt doesn't bother me--after all, it's short for buttocks.
Same here. It's also a play on words as in "butt end of a cigarette".

I hate "bum" used in a workout - to me it sounds slightly vulgar and inappropriate.

"Seat" is way too twee for me.
Old 09-04-09, 01:18 PM  
Kikiwah

this is pretty bad but....

when I first bought Jari Loves "Ripped to the Core" by boyfriend said it sounded like prison rape.
Kikiwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 01:29 PM  
cardiomama

Tamilee Webb has some cheeseball ideas added to her titles: "Hot Spots," "Tighter Assets" or "Rock Hard Assets."

I thought the Firm's "Skills, Drills & Thrills" & "Dangerous Curves Ahead" were two of worst, wordiest titles ever.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
get sexy, workout titles