Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-09, 10:17 AM  
mattymoomom

As soon as I saw this thread I thought of "Brand New Butt and More." More what?

The picture on the cover of that DVD was also cringe worthy! Does anyone remember that horrible picture?

Aaron

edited because I type too fast!
mattymoomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 10:19 AM  
jessicavi

Jiggle Free workouts. No Thanks to The Firm.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 11:00 AM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
Jiggle Free workouts. No Thanks to The Firm.
I know-hate thinking about that jello jiggling! But I do LOVE all the JF w/o's....

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 11:28 AM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymoomom View Post
As soon as I saw this thread I thought of "Brand New Butt and More." More what?

The picture on the cover of that DVD was also cringe worthy! Does anyone remember that horrible picture?

Aaron

edited because I type too fast!
Yeah, BNB & More kinda makes it sound like it will give you a new and bigger butt! Just what we all want, right?? LOL Since it's actually a full body workout, I think it was intended to imply that it's for more than just the butt.

Did they put that thong picture on the original dvd? I have the original vhs tape with Janis in the brazilian thong photographed from behind. If anyone can get away with showing off her buns, Janis can! That cover raised lots of eyebrows (and probably a lot more than eyebrows) , so it was replaced with a photo of Janis shot from the front in a more modest suit.

I guess it's all about marketing. What will annoy those of us who are serious vidiots will probably help sell lots of extra copies to the public at large. Let's face it, an infomercial of Michael Carson with his socks and his voice called something like, "Get Fit" wouldn't be likely to sell many copies.

Kerri
Kerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 11:31 AM  
jessicavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseylu8 View Post
I know-hate thinking about that jello jiggling! But I do LOVE all the JF w/o's....
The title is the precise reason I did not buy them even though I initially wanted to. I still haven't and I don't feel I'm missing out.

Other Cringe-Worthy:

Cathe's Butts & Guts (evokes a when I look at my butt I want to puke my guts out vibe)
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 11:45 AM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Cool

I don't curse like a sailor (though I was in the Navy...my DH is a retired sailor...I let him do the cussing), but I guess some would call me a prude...

Anything with "ass" or "butts" or "buns" turns me off. That dvd cover photo of Janis with her GLUTES on display was a turn-off to me.

Jiggle Free anything is too cutesy as are Teen Steam and High Round Assets. Get Sexy and Slim, Strong and Sexy (or whatever Michelle calls that workout) don't impress me either.

I'm pretty forgiving...but some of the titles they come up do have me wondering what on earth they are thinking of...rolly eyes here
Old 09-04-09, 11:55 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Does anyone remember Charlene Prickett's Women With Balls?

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-09, 12:03 PM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Does anyone remember Charlene Prickett's Women With Balls?
Yup, I still have that one on vhs too. O.k. I'll admit it, I think the title is funny and it made me want a copy of the workout.

Kerri
Old 09-04-09, 12:09 PM  
Christine S.
VF Supporter

Fitprime's Floor Burn made me do a double take; all I could think of when I saw it was "rug burn." I must have a dirty mind.
Old 09-04-09, 12:12 PM  
Kerri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcjasp View Post
I don't curse like a sailor (though I was in the Navy...my DH is a retired sailor...I let him do the cussing), but I guess some would call me a prude...

Anything with "ass" or "butts" or "buns" turns me off. That dvd cover photo of Janis with her GLUTES on display was a turn-off to me.
I think part of the problem is that we just don't have a nice sounding name for that part of the anatomy. Maybe they don't think the public will know what they mean by "Glutes". O.k. Lydia, would you buy a dvd titled, "Get Glamorous Glutes and Gams"? They could run a special discount promo for those who can say it ten times in a row without getting tongue tied! Sounds fine to me, but there are probably generations of people who would have no clue what that means!

Kerri

Tags
get sexy, workout titles