Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-22-23, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Upcoming Essentrics Challenge

Hi Everyone,

I paused by ETV subscription to save some money and focus on my DVDs..but i see that starting on Monday there is a new 3 week challenge coming up w/ live workouts every day based on Miranda's new book.

Does anyone know if this challenge will be archived for future viewing or is this a "you snooze you lose" kinda thing?

Thanks!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 10:44 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hi Donna!
The email I received from Essentrics says they’ll be up on ETV for 14 days after the challenge is finished.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 03:05 PM  
JanaK

I paused my subscription. I don't like the live workouts. They need some new pre-filmed content. Or maybe a season 15.
Old 03-22-23, 05:42 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Pam! Now I have to decide if I want to reactivate my subscription so I can do this challenge...

Jana, I like the live workouts, although it was sometimes hard to "catch" them before they were removed. I would love to see a new Season of CS, though!!

Donna
Old 03-22-23, 05:56 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaK View Post
I paused my subscription. I don't like the live workouts. They need some new pre-filmed content. Or maybe a season 15.
Does that mean you give up access to all the streaming workouts? They used to have a few that were available on their site. I've been thinking of pausing, but there are some workouts that I really like and would hate to lose them. I do the live ones, then usually go right back to some of my favorite studio workouts.
Old 03-22-23, 07:14 PM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsy View Post
Does that mean you give up access to all the streaming workouts? They used to have a few that were available on their site. I've been thinking of pausing, but there are some workouts that I really like and would hate to lose them. I do the live ones, then usually go right back to some of my favorite studio workouts.
I think pausing is just canceling with a date in the future you set to restart, but you can cancel that before it restarts if you want. I don't think you have access to the videos during a pause or cancel. They have little lock icons on them.

I have most of the stuff they have put out on dvd, so I have been getting a month on/month off. And I use my dvd's when I don't have an active subscription.

My favorite instructor is Meg and since I didn't see her on the schedule for the next week I figured is was a good time to not have an active subscription and to use my dvd's.
Old 03-22-23, 07:45 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I didn't realize you can start and stop since I'm pretty sure I paid for the full year. I should look into it because I've been thinking I need a break from the almost-daily workouts and just do the dvd's occasionally. I do enjoy the short desk workouts before bed, though.
Old 03-23-23, 08:10 AM  
donnamp

I am not sure how it works to pause it if you purchased a year up front. I had a monthly subscription and I set it to pause for 3 months - it automatically resumes unless you cancel it (or pause it again - if that is an option).

I am on the fence about re-instating it to do this next challenge. I have so many other workouts buzzing around to do....

Donna
Old 03-23-23, 09:09 AM  
Lori_Michigan

The only live classes that I made to point to do were Meg's and since she's not doing them as much, neither am I. I like Sahra's live classes but since they're only there for 14 days I don't like I can connect with them. The boring backgrounds are a real bummer for me.

I buy a yearly subscription but if they don't start to do more permanent content, then I may not continue next year. I find myself only doing the older CS and the older Essentrics workouts that were filmed outside or the longer workouts that were my favorites from before streaming.

I filled out the survey they sent a few months ago and told them my thoughts, but I'm not sure many people feel the same way.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:19 AM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
The only live classes that I made to point to do were Meg's and since she's not doing them as much, neither am I. I like Sahra's live classes but since they're only there for 14 days I don't like I can connect with them. The boring backgrounds are a real bummer for me.

I buy a yearly subscription but if they don't start to do more permanent content, then I may not continue next year. I find myself only doing the older CS and the older Essentrics workouts that were filmed outside or the longer workouts that were my favorites from before streaming.

I filled out the survey they sent a few months ago and told them my thoughts, but I'm not sure many people feel the same way.
I don't like the boring backgrounds either. I know the production quality isn't the best, but I think they should leave all of Meg's outside workouts on the site permanently. It's dumb to remove them after 14 days when people still want to do them.

There is just too much of a dread factor for the inside workouts.

Tags
essentrics, etv