Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-23, 05:33 PM  
Sissy B

I’m going up to the condo for the weekend with the dogs. I’m not sure if I’m going to drive up tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning. DD’s coming too, she has Friday off so she’s driving over tomorrow after she gets off from work. We’re going to go to the baseball games this weekend. She’ll go home on Sunday and I’m going to stay until Monday morning. DH starts his next set of days tomorrow.

Today I’ve been catching up on laundry. The dogs went to the vet last week for their exams and vaccinations. I went and got my hair colored and cut last Friday.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-23, 02:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I think I'm back in the land of the living now. I haven't felt great since Thursday afternoon, and yesterday I barely even left the couch. My stomach feels better now (pretty sure everything just got off track with traveling and eating poorly on the road), just have the remainder of a headache from not drinking enough yesterday. Really hoping to get back to routine on Monday. Poor Cyric hardly got any attention yesterday and no walks. He is the most patient dog!

I didn't do a whole lot for activity in AZ, besides walks with Cyric (and sometimes Dad) and my foot exercises (but not every day). Dad and I hoed the weeds out of our little family cemetery one day, my aunt and I walked about 6 miles one day, and she and I went to the Ren Fest last Saturday. It's so weird going not in garb! But we had a really nice day. and I bought a scarf and necklace and 3 more spiders. No rings, which is shocking! Otherwise Dad and I hung out, mostly watching TV (including rewatching the entire Longmire series, which we both love) and movies. We had a get together for my grandma's 88th birthday and I spent a few days with her over the course of my visit. She has Parkinson's, which is getting worse, and she's also starting to show signs of dementia. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her. We also had supper with my brother and his family a couple times. It was a really good trip, and I'm so glad I have the freedom to spend that much time when I go. The trip was delayed a couple days bc of the snowstorm here. I drove in horrific wind with gusts up to like 70 across New Mexico but otherwise the drive out there was fine. On my way home I had snow/rain mix in New Mexico and rain in Iowa but nothing bad at all. I really enjoy road trips but it's always nice to get off the road for the day. I listened to music, podcasts and baseball while I drove. Cyric is the best traveler you could ask for. Even easier than humans! Although since he doesn't talk back he doesn't help much if I get sleepy. Anyway, I had planned to only be there two weeks but a couple days before I was set to head home hubby and I talked and decided I should stay a few extra days to see everyone, especially Grandma, more and I'm so glad we decided that. All the same, it was really good to get home and see him after so long away.

I'm bummed that the foot of snow we got right before I left (to add to what was already on the ground) is almost all gone. But trying to look on the bright side, I don't have to resume my running on the treadmill but can go outside to do it. I was planning to start again at Dad's since the weather was warmer and no possibility of ice but it never happened. Some of it was laziness bc I usually do workout some while I'm there, but I also I just felt like visiting was more important.

Sissy, hope you have a nice wknd at the condo with your daughter. It always warms my heart to hear about mothers and daughters who are close and enjoy spending time together.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-23, 12:31 PM  
Vantreesta

I forgot to post my workouts yesterday! Not much but the important thing is I showed up! I did day 14 of David O's Fresh Start yoga challenge, but it was just meditation so doesn't count toward workout minutes. Then I did day 14 of Kegel Camp and then this core workout by Dr. Kristie Ennis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiY7...ndex=57&t=279s It was tough and I liked it a lot! I had much more planned but I was too hungry to keep going. Did some decluttering stuff after lunch.

My abs and hamstrings are sore from the foam roller workout.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 03-31-23, 10:22 AM  
Vantreesta

Keep forgetting to post my workouts.

Wed 3/29 107 minutes
20 minutes (from toe yoga and foot mobility)
3 minutes (from Belly Dancer Diaries -100 Day Dance Challenge Day 1 Build a Strong Shimmy Technique, YT) 1st time
27 minutes (from PT strength exercises level 1 + stretch)
11 minutes (from Jump Rope Dudes -At Home Jump Rope Recovery Yoga, YT)
49 minutes (from 3 dog walks 3.02 mi)

Thu 3/30 96 minutes MLB OPENING DAY!!!! and both my teams won!
12 minutes (from Barre Fitness 31 Day Challenge day 14 -Lower Body Mini Band Workout, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from K. Ennis Butt And Thigh Workout At Home, YT) 1st time
20 minutes (from Yoga With Adriene -CENTER 30 Day Yoga Journey day 14 Stretch, YT) 1st time
6 minutes (from Yoga Treat 21-Day Yin Yoga Pose Challenge day 14-dangling pose, YT) 1st time
38 minutes (from 2 dog walks 2.5 mi)

Old 04-01-23, 11:16 PM  
Vantreesta

Today all I did was day 1 of Yoga with Kassandra's new 30 day morning yoga challenge, my toe yoga and some stretches for my neck and tennis elbow.

Should I start a spring thread or just keep this one?

Old 04-02-23, 05:19 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Should I start a spring thread or just keep this one?
I’m good with whatever you decide but just based on the length of this thread, it might be time to start a new one for spring.

I had a good time with DD last weekend even if our baseball team didn’t do so well - they lost all 3 games in the series. We also went to an Open House at the Vet School and met a friend for lunch on Saturday before the game.

I didn’t have a great relationship with my mom so I’ve worked very hard to have a good relationship with my daughter and I really enjoy the time I get to spend with her.

DH and I made a day trip to our favorite vintage junk shop today.

I’m glad you’re feeling better.
Old 04-02-23, 05:26 PM  
Sissy B

DH has been having some trouble with his back so we’re going to start doing the exercises in The Younger Next Year Back Book together. We also spent some time yesterday discussing our health and fitness goals as we get older and we both want to get back on track.
Old 04-04-23, 12:53 PM  
Vantreesta

Yesterday I did day 2 of Kassandra's new Flexible Body challenge, day 14 of the Human 2.0 Fitness Movement challenge, day 1 of Dr. Melissa Oleson's new Core & Pelvic Floor challenge, 2.01 mi run intervals for Just Run Zero to 5k, and Yoga for Runners post-run practice with Matt Giordano. It felt good to finally run again after not running since October. I had to fins a new training app to use and I don't like it as much but it's okay. Zen Labs now charges for their 10k training app that I have been using for many years. I could still use the 5k one for free but since I want to continue on I found the Just Run app to try.

We were at my father-in-law's over the wknd so we didn't get to enjoy the 6" of snow that fell here at home on Saturday. By the time we got home we actually had even less snow on the ground than when we left so you couldn't even tell it snowed Saturday! Rainy today, a few more days in the 30s and 40s and then we're looking at 60s and even a few days of 70s. I love snow but since winter seems to be moving on I will be happy when all the melting and mud are done. Yuck. It's a pain, especially since Cyric doesn't love having his feet wiped off.

I'll try to remember to start a new thread when I post again.

That's great that you have worked to make sure your relationship with your daughter is good. I know many people have had experiences like you had with your mom. I am so grateful my mom and I were always close.

Good for you and DH working together to improve your health! I wish my hubby would jump on board!

Old 04-04-23, 09:05 PM  
Vantreesta

I started a new thread, Sissy.

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=234157