Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-23, 10:11 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

DH tells me he feels about the same today although a bit less of a runny nose, so maybe the medicine is doing something. He definitely said that having covid isn't like any other illness he has had before. Good news is that I'm still feeling okay!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-23, 10:16 AM  
cyana

Quick wave - I'm procrastinating starting on something that will likely take me most of the day and will be probably a 98% waste of my time.

Pat - Yes - her name is Jordan and she's very inoffensive. Her work-outs are usually in the 20-ish minute range, so I will frequently use them during the work-day or at the end of a work-day when I haven't had a chance to do anything else. She's done some walking and some focused body part practices as well.

Must run - I'm trying to explain something to someone at work and we're having one of those failure to communicate moments, LOL! Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 12:07 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run….

I taught Essentrics this morning & we are in the city now for two nights to celebrate our youngest granddaughter Moira’s 7th birthday tomorrow.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 07:54 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Perfect 10 (Upper Body selections plus abs and calves)

Pam, aww, Happy Birthday Dear Moira!

Beth, I'm curious to know how covid feels differently than any other illness your DH has had before.
Actually, I'm surprised that more of us in the Mat Maven check-in haven't had covid.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 08:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! I had a quiet day:

~ PT with therapist
~ YogiBethC Yin Yoga to Stretch Into Sleep
~ 5,663 steps

Beth, I enjoyed your yin yoga and sleep story yesterday after PT. The melting heart pose with the chair was very soothing, and I could feel the Jacuzzi Jets from Heaven! The story was very sweet, too. I also loved mythology stories as a child.

Pam - happy birthday to Moira!

Paine, it does seem like most of us have dodged the COVID bullet. Let's hope it stays that way.

I have to skedaddle - everyone have a fabulous day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 08:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

A little mid-week happy for the Beatles fans:

I'm Only Sleeping
Old 03-22-23, 09:01 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, every year that Moira has a b-day I'm shocked it's been so long. Hope it's wonderful.

Paine, it's been hard for him to describe. He feels tired but not sleepy, more sluggish, very slow, very hard to do anything. He's got flu-like symptoms including alternating hot/cold, congestion, sneezing, and cough. So far he hasn't felt much better despite starting the prescription.

Pat, I appreciate your kind words! It's good to know when the practices I offer resonate with others.

Midweek is coming in with a bang here - wishing to everyone!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-23, 02:39 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: My gym two-fer -- 9:30 yoga followed by 11:00 Gold.

Everyone, please send good thoughts to my niece today. She will be telling my grandniece, as well as her contentious ex, about her pregnancy (she'll do it separately). Sadly, the ex actively works at denigrating my niece's boyfriend, so we are not entirely sure how my grandniece will initially react to the news.

Linda: The boys say thanks for the hugs and skritches!

Yogapam: Happy Birthday to little Moira!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 06:56 AM  
cyana

Quick fly by - here's a short Bob & Brad video using "walking and chewing gum" challenges to work on balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSCWsP0hR14

It's about 7 minutes long - so an easy add on, or easy to do for a quick work break. It would also be good for working the range of motion in the hips - like Essentrics "clocks". That was one reason I liked Dyan's early videos on ETV - she frequently did clocks and my wonky hip didn't object to those.

Must get to work. The weather is supposed to be really nice here today and tomorrow and I'd hoped to squeeze in a day off, but unfortunately I don't think my work load is going to cooperate. Yes, that subliminal voice is whispering the "R word" in my ear (retire, retire, retire!!).

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-23, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

~ Kassandra's 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Hips
~ LWR Posture Challenge Day 5 - Pilates Inspired Sculpt Flow for Marching in March
~ 4,655 steps

Beth, I'm sorry to hear the Rx isn't helping much. I sure hope your husband starts to feel better soon.

Sandra, sending positive thoughts to your niece today. I hope it goes well for her.

Cyana, thanks for sharing the B&B link - looks like something I should be doing.

Waves to all!