Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-24, 06:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Donna! DH and I just came back from a nice dinner. Hope you recovery is going well!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-24, 09:04 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Happy Birthday, Beth!

My workouts for the past couple of days:

25 Apr
AM
35' Barlates - Tighter Assets: Day 3
PM
30' - Barbara Benagh AM/PM Yoga: AM Breath Work

26 Apr
AM
50' Barlates - Total Mat: Ankle Weights
PM
20' gentle yoga

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 12:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Colleen - it was a nice day, with lots of too.

Did a fun "Yoga in the Barn" class today, an enjoyable group class with a teacher I really like.

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-27-24, 03:07 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today I've been running errands and doing food prep for the week so it's a rest day from formal exercise.

Beth, how did you like the movie? It's been such a long time since I've seen a movie that I really enjoyed. Most of the movies today are full of murder, torture, fighting, violence, robberies, rape, etc.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-24, 04:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, it was a cute little movie, pretty low-key, pretty basic story, but we enjoy it. We have seen about 2-3 theater movies in the past 5 years. We mostly buy On Demand through our cable provider, rent from the library, or watch old movies on TCM.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 04-27-24, 05:17 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Gears grinding , I'm starting to shift my exercise focus from being all about my knees back to total body fitness. I can already see it is going to be an interesting ride!

Friday's Workout: In addition to knee PT I did the upper body routine from Jessica Smith's first Walk Strong set. I cut my weights way down from what I usually use, but otherwise did finish the routine and did not feel the need to sit down for any of it.

Today's Workout: Hit the gym this morning -- my usual weight machines for lower body and core, followed by 15 minutes on the stationary bike. After my knee PT this afternoon I knew I wanted to work on flexibility and pulled up an old favorite on YouTube -- Stretch & Flex with Denise Austin. It quickly became too "advanced" for what I can do right now, but I watched the whole thing and knew I wanted my own copy. I had this on VHS back in the day but thought it never made it to DVD. I was wrong! Found it on eBay and it will hopefully arrive next week.

I should also add that I'm also walking outside and plan to gradually increase my speed and distance.

Phew! Besides getting my new knee used to more movement, I've also seen I have lost some endurance and flexibility. For example, my physical therapist says that with my current knee flexion I should be able to grab my foot for a standing quad stretch. Well, no. So I'm working on stretching that out.

Linda: Thinking of you as you get ready for your surgery this coming week.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 09:31 AM  
cyana

Happy Week-end, but it's going by far too quickly!!

My Week:

Mon:
MSTF. AK hip arthritis exercises. Figure 4 prep. YT - TBP - Upper Body Resistance workout for all levels (used BFR bands). Holden 30-Day - Day 22. MFML - Relax & Calm Yoga: Evening Chill (Better Than Vino!) - Margi Young. Cubii x 15 min. Lymphatic drainage.
Tue:
MSTF. Navasana x 60 sec hold. Figure 4 prep. AK hip arthritis exercises. Lymphatic drainage. Heel-toe rocks with impact x 50. Heel to toe standing balance with overhead arm circles - 30 in each direction, each foot leading. Holden 30 Day - Day 23. MFML Love Yourself First - Lucy McCarthy. Cubii x 15 min.
Wed:
MSTF. Navasana x 60 sec hold. Figure 4 prep. AK hip arthritis exercises. Heel to toe rocks w/impact x 50. MELT hands and feet. Holden 30 Day - Day 24. Lymphatic drainage. MFML - Joint Mobilization Warm-Up - Carlene Bogues. Cubii x 15 min.
Thurs:
MSTF. Navasana x 60 sec hold. Figure 4 prep. AK hip arthritis exercises. Heel to toe walking - forward and backward. Holden 30 day - Day 25. MFML - Arm and Shoulder Strength Burst - Amy Holly.
Fri:
MSTF. Navasana x 60 sec hold. Figure 4 prep. AK hip arthritis exercises. Heel to toe rocks w/impact x 50 reps. Heel to toe - walking forward and backward. Lymphatic drainage. Holden 30 Day - Day 26. Cubii x 15 minutes. Ankle-foot mobility.
Sat:
MSTF. Navaxana x 60 sec hold. AK hip arthritis exercises. Heel to toe rocks x 100 reps. Figure 4 prep. Holden 30 Day - Day 27. MFML - Gentle Somatic Movement: Easy Neck Release Lying Down - Nahid de Belgeonne. Ankle foot mobility.
Sun:
MSTF. Bridge x 20 reps w/5 sec hold at top of move. Navasana x 60 sec hold. AK hip arthritis exercises. Lymphatic drainage. Heel to toe rocks w/impact x 50. Heel to toe walking - forward and backward. Holden 30 Day - Day 28. MELT hands and feet. MFML - 10 Minute Meditation Break - Body Awareness - Clive Fogelman.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 09:51 AM  
cyana

Earlier this week, I hit the three month mark on my MSTF regimen without missing a single day. This week I added a new balance challenge - I like to think of it as Walking The Plank - walking heel to toe forward and backward. You could definitely use eyes in the back of your head with this one, LOL!

Sandra - You're doing a great job with your work-outs.

Beth - Sounds like you had a nice b-day celebration with DH. Yoga in the Barn sounds interesting.

Paine - I hope your grandson enjoyed his birthday party.

Jeanette - Looks like you've gotten in lots of walking - hope you've had nice weather this month.

Linda - I hope your surgery goes well this week. Wishing steady hands to your surgeon.

Waves to ALL. Need to get some things checked off the to do list. Hoping to do the Scaravelli workshop this afternoon.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 02:30 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Mirabai Holland's Moving Free Longevity Solution, Flexibility Level 1

Cyana, you did a great job on being consistent with your exercise!
Our grandson had fun at his birthday party. The facility they had the party at had a bunch of those big bouncy houses and big bounce slides plus air hockey tables. Our grandson had 7 of his friends there plus his brother and it was a private party so they had the whole place to themselves for 2.5 hours. They all had fun. Then in the last hour a person that worked there took them to another private room with the tables/chairs and he served them pizza and cake.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-24, 05:36 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Besides my knee PT routine I did a couple of "regular" workouts. The first was Total Body Training from Jessica Smith's original Walk Strong set. Debbie modifies this one by taking out most of the lower body moves, so I follow her and call it an upper body workout. I had to skip a couple of exercises at the end but I think I know how to modify them next time around. I then did the Hips & Legs segment from Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch Yin Yoga. Although I couldn't go as deeply into some of the stretches or hold them as long, this was still a good flexibility challenge for me. Next time I'm going to sub lying quad stretches for the seated one-legged forward bends, which is more what I need right now.

Paine: The birthday party sounds so fun! I'm sure your grandson and his friends had a great time.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote