Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-26-19, 05:46 PM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

I'm a planner junkie and spend way too much time and money on mine I used homebrew Filofax type system for years before jumping onto the bullet journal train, but moved to a mini Happy Planner early this year after getting tired of having to draw my own spreads every month. For 2020 I picked up a vertical Erin Condren during the Black Friday sale, which was they only way I could afford it.

One of the YouTubers I follow often reviews some of the pricier options in a very blunt and honest way (with much salty language, so avoid if that bothers you!):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Je-njvjnq00UvO

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-19, 06:19 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
One of the YouTubers I follow often reviews some of the pricier options in a very blunt and honest way (with much salty language, so avoid if that bothers you!):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Je-njvjnq00UvO

Thanks for the link! Subbed her. Love watching Bujo set ups and planner stuff.
Old 12-26-19, 06:58 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Timely thread

I'm so glad you guys all brought this up.
I was wanting a planner or journal or something.
My Facebook feed knew it also! I had ad after ad. Mostly for the "Commit 30" one. I clicked on it (over and over and over) hoping for a better price. I couldn't justify spending that kind of money if I couldn't see it, feel it, etc. I have a journal sitting next to me from 2 years ago (non dated, so I can still use it.) But wasn't happy with the size. . . .

I did tons of research today and headed out to Aldi's.
Sherry! You come up with the best bargains. Thank you sooooo much !!!
They had the "wellness" journal (with 2 pages of stickers in the back) and a regular calendar one ..... I got the wellness one.

It's the larger size (no purse size here). But I write big and bold. I am happy to have this. and yes! for $7.99 I can hardly go wrong. I have been using a plain "year at a glance" by month for the last many years. I already have one for 2020 and 2021, which I'll probably still do. I just put down what workout and look at the months in total. The Pembrook one has more thoughts and goals for me.

So I just wanted to pop in and say THANKS!!!! for mentioning all the above brands. You never know who's reading and/or who you might enable er . . I mean HELP to make a decision.

Make it a great 2020.
Cleda

PS .... I can always get more motivational stickers from Amazon or anywhere. LOVE ME SOME STICKERS. . . .

Last edited by Cleda; 12-26-19 at 06:59 PM. Reason: to add the PS
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-19, 07:12 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Demeris, I have used the Christian planner and bought a new one this year. In fact, last year I had a thread here at VF about the vision board in my planner!

I like the little daily habits tab at the bottom right page, where I can track several habits with check-offs for the week.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 08:04 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
LOVE the Aldi's planners!! I used one this year and was exactly what I wanted...nice, big area to write down all my thoughts about workouts. Then I also write just the workout title and minutes I worked out in the calendar area of the month that is tabbed, so when I go back, I can see at a glance which workouts I did that month. Can't go wrong with the price, either.

It looks like these are very similar to the Happy Planners with fewer stickers. There are a few stickers in the back but I haven't used them...they're mostly used as markers and reminders.

T2B, I like your idea of using them as motivational rewards!
The ALDI calendars are very similar to the Happy Planners. When I saw the ALDI calendar, I was like these are just like my calendars and almost bought it even though I already had 2. My daughter talked me down. I used to buy the plain planners from the dollar store but writing in something beautiful and pleasing to my eyes keeps me motivated.

Re: Motivational stickers.

I buy from Michael’s when they have a good sale. They have stickers that are specific to exercise, food, and other miscellaneous sayings that I find motivational. I can’t resist a good sticker book (ask my daughter). A few months ago Target had these same stickers on clearance at an amazing price so I stocked up.

I found stickers in Wal-Mart, near the party supplies, that are great too! AnMrsDe & Cleda - check those out next time you’re in Wal-Mart. It’s called Way to Celebrate Reward Pad. $2.94 for 12 pages of motivational cuteness.

I keep a wall calendar in my workout room and bedroom closet that I have to stick after every workout too. Makes me happy!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 08:21 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
Demeris - I know you are retired and I think you might be Catholic, so you might want to check out the Monk Manual. It's a 90 day planner/journal that includes some spiritual reflection as well.
Right on both counts .

I will look at it closely.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 08:21 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
Demeris, I have used the Christian planner and bought a new one this year. In fact, last year I had a thread here at VF about the vision board in my planner!

I like the little daily habits tab at the bottom right page, where I can track several habits with check-offs for the week.
I'll do a search for that thread. Thank you
Old 12-27-19, 08:23 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatrix View Post
I bought the Clever Fox Pro planner. It's a goal planner with yearly, monthly, and quarterly goals, lots of checkins, etc. I like the idea of all that but it all feels a little bossy and overwhelming. Also, it's undated, so I can't just flip ahead and enter events through the year without entering dates on all the pages first. I'm debating getting something simpler.

I love this, and this is why I'm constantly searching for the holy grail of planners!
Old 12-27-19, 08:50 AM  
Ann1964

I get mine at Tj Maxx, Wally , and Hobby Lobby, but I am fine with cheap
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-19, 09:29 AM  
lizh

If you are looking for extra stickers (I'm a sticker nerd), I've had good luck at Dollar Tree.

Thanks for all the suggestions....I'm heading to Aldi today to check out the planners!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet journal, happy planner, journal, journals, planners, workout log