Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-19, 12:45 PM  
Lannette

Kundalini Yoga Rotation?

I know that Mariya Gancheva has done a 40 day free YouTube KY weight loss program. I’m wondering if anyone knows of a more basic rotation or has created one. I’d be especially interested in a rotation that uses Raviana DVDs. I’d prefer it not be weight loss oriented, though that wouldn’t be a total deal breaker.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 01:36 PM  
sherry7899

This was in a thread here years ago:

Here is a weekly rotation from Yoga Quick Fixes/Yoga House Call Each of these sessions is about 45 min or less except for Thursday practice which is 52 min.

Monday (goal: emotional balance, glands, new beginnings) - from Yoga Quick Fixes: All Systems Go Pre-Set, Positive PMS, Deep Relaxation, Sa-Ta-Na-Ma Meditation

Tuesday (goal: energy, anger into inspiration, victory in life) - from Dr. Yoga House Call: Strong as Steel Pre-Set, Fertility & Potency Set, Deep Relaxation, So Darshan Chakra Kriya Meditation

Wednesday (goal: creativity, communication, quickness of thought) - from Dr. Yoga House Call: Energy Warm-ups, Brain Booster Set, Deep Relaxation, Amazing Minute Breath

Thursday (goal: expansion, radiance, blessings) - from Yoga Quick FIxes: Balance & Joy Pre-Set, Delete Depression, Anxiety Antidote, Deep Relaxation,

Friday (goal: sex energy transformation, completion) - from Yoga Quick Fixes: Positive PMS, So Long Sciatica, Deep Relaxation, Sa-Ta-Na-Ma Meditation

Saturday (goal: self-discipline, turning the past around) - from Dr. Yoga House Call: Kundalini Yoga Superset, Deep Relaxation, So Darshan Chakra Kriya

Sunday (goal: devotion, spiritual awakening) - from Yoga Quick Fixes: Kundalini Yoga Superset, Deep Relaxation, Soothe Stress - Free Fatigue, Sa-Ta-Na-Ma Meditation

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 01:46 PM  
laurajhawk

I love that Quick Fixes/House Calls rotation.

Natalie Wells has a kundalini yoga box set called Kundalini Yoga For Your Week with practices for each day M-F.

I think Ravi & Ana have published other rotations but don't know of any really comprehensive ones. I'm going to follow this thread to see what shows up.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 02:22 PM  
Lannette

Thank you both!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 06-07-19, 03:14 PM  
sherry7899

This thread looks interesting:

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=176131

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 04:35 PM  
Lannette

Sherry that thread looks great! Thank you so much! The thread actually reminded me that I own THE CHAKRA DECK, the actual deck not the kindle version. For each Chakra there are separate color coded cards. There are cards with a description, an explanation, breathing, Three “yoga poses” (they happen to be KY) and a meditation.

I used it when my workout time and space was really limited and really enjoyed it. I'll have to compare the cards to the schedules you’ve turned up thus far.

I need to pull out my KY books too.

Old 06-08-19, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Thanks Sherry, great thread!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-19, 12:09 PM  
Lannette

I found THIS 3HO explanation of the chakras. It includes yoga exercises for each Chakra. Many are the same as those on my cards but some are really different.

They also have a PAGE that explains some poses.

There’s more but it’s easy to poke around the site and find what interests you.

I’m going to keep looking but am leaning toward the Raviana schedule. We were talking about alternating KY and Yin, not sure about that now. The idea of doing KY for the chakras where the chakras are highlighted out of order feels jarring to me. I may just do a separate short chakra session working one chakra a week using my cards.

Thanks for all the great links. Feel free to add more.

Old 06-08-19, 12:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I liked the 3HO article Lanette.

I can vouch that KY chanting and mantra are good exercises for the fifth chakra. Unfortunately, 90% of the time I bypass those sections on my DVDs. My fifth chakra is a problem area and when I've been good with chanting, there is improvement.

Perhaps I should make that a goal for my Solstice Sadhana.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 07:09 AM  
Lannette

I found a YouTube series by Mariya Gancheva called YOGA FOR MENTAL HEALTH.

It’s supposed to be a 40 Day Program but it looks like only 28 days are currently available. I thought I’d put a link here. Hopefully it remains free. The sessions are under 30 minutes or under and some are less than 20 minutes.

Last edited by Lannette; 06-09-19 at 07:14 AM. Reason: To update the length of the sessions

Tags
anxiety, kundalini, kundalini rotation, mental health