Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-16, 01:11 PM  
Candiceena

bex, I might join up in the Just The Workouts Checkin! Thank you for the invite! I was part of another check in but I find myself not having enough time to dedicate to it.

weener, Cathe puts out a calendar??!?! Like, a physical one? Or are you talking about the workout tracker on her site?

Cleda, love your attitude!! BRING IT ON!! Absolutely!!
Old 07-31-16, 04:50 PM  
marki64

I'm more old school. I use a .50 cent notebook and write in my workouts each day. Nothing elaborate.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 06:53 PM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
bex, I might join up in the Just The Workouts Checkin! Thank you for the invite! I was part of another check in but I find myself not having enough time to dedicate to it.

Candiceena - C'mon in, we're just starting August now. Although of course anyone is welcome to jump in any time, it always feels more satisfying to get a fresh start to the month.

Chatting is welcome and we do a bit, but for the most part it's a great opportunity to log your workout. And I enjoy seeing all the creative ways other VFers put theirs together.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 07:06 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post

weener, Cathe puts out a calendar??!?! Like, a physical one? Or are you talking about the workout tracker on her site?

Cleda, love your attitude!! BRING IT ON!! Absolutely!!
Cathe started the calendars in 2007. She announces the sale in October, I think.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-16, 08:08 PM  
jessicavi

When I first started tracking my workouts I was using a palm pilot and planned out about a week in advance. It allowed me to see how many workouts I did for the year and how much times I did each one. I could also see each month of workouts. It died and then I started using Evernote online. It's not as intuitive (less options) as my old school palm pilot. You would think that newer technology would be more advanced. The upside is that everything is done on my phone Not two different devices. I can't look at a month at a time just a list of all my entries. I don't plan out the week anymore especially now that I do a lot of YT stuff. Keeping track helps me avoid doing stuff I've done before. So many workout I want to get to or else I would probably stop tracking. The only constant is that I alternate between days of cardio and weights or cardio/sculpt and a sprinkling of yoga/recovery.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 10:29 AM  
schoolgirl-01

i use google calendar to log what i'm to do each day and i can make notes to each one with whatever details i want - mainly i write an overview of weights i used - ex: 25 KB, 18 KB, modified pistol.

then in my gym i have a huge white board. you can buy them at home depot sold in similar sizes to sheet rock - DH bought one and we had them cut it in half so we each got one.

on the huge white board i list all the dvds i'm doing that rotation along with each exercise detailing what weight to use and if i'm modifying an exercise.

then i have a smaller white board in the gym that lists each day of the week and what dvds i'm to do on that day.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-16, 01:45 PM  
Aunt Famous

When I swam Masters, I used to write down my workout -- and my food, and my weight, and my mood -- every freaking day in a bound paper journal. I would then use the journal a little to congratulate myself (see, you're getting faster!) but mostly to beat myself up.

After the car accident that rearranged a shoulder, I started a similar paper journal, to similar ends.

Then, a few years ago, I just quit writing down everything. Cold turkey. It started to feel a little mean.

These days, I (usually) log my workout by category on Fitbit and participate in the general discussion workout thread here.

A few months ago, I started planning my workouts for the week in advance on a dry erase calendar board. This has been a pretty flipping sweet fit for me. It makes me think about what I want to accomplish, takes away all of the fuzzy a.m. guesswork, and allows me to erase the week from the board (and my memory, usually) when it's over.

Love it.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 04:02 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i just started usings Trainingpeaks (you can use as an app or via their website). they sync with many fitness devices (i use Polar) and scales (i use Withings).

you can add notes and analyze the data and you can send it to google calendar etc.

so far i'm really enjoying it. i'm a big fan of everything just syncing so i don't have to log it myself - all i need to do is add a note or two and look over my results.

i'm using the free platform but their is, of course, a premium platform.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 07:19 PM  
Breezy Trousers

I check-in with two fitness friends on Mary's site. We're very friendly but the check-in is mostly just about posting our workouts for the month and less about chatting, similar to VF's "Just the Workouts" check-in.

This is the longest I've ever stayed with a check-in group. Had it not been for the group this past year, I probably would have fallen off the fitness wagon completely.
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-16, 08:55 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
I'm more old school. I use a .50 cent notebook and write in my workouts each day. Nothing elaborate.
I used to do that, then I switched to pretty journals just because I like using them. It's not very expensive because they last a long time.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calendar, journals, streaming colors, tracking workouts, workout log