Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-24, 08:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I managed to do:

Yoga Booty Ballet Live - Hip Hop Abs - these are good for mood boosters, they are a little cheesy but fun.

Dog Walk - slow...my dog is slow!

Trifecta Pilates - Reach to Release - this was a nice stretching session.

I spread all of the above throughout the day.

Today, so far:

Trifecta Pilates - Cadillac Mat Class - this was a nice routine, I guess she was mimicking some of the moves you do on the Cadillac but I don't have one and have never used one, so I will take her word for it.

I'll do some type of cardio or walking later.

Dana - I hope you are doing ok - I agree with Carol see if you can get the anti-viral!

Carol - Thanks for letting us know about the new Jessica Smith workouts w/ Debbie!!

Waves, everyone!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 08:50 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hey hello,

I did day 3 of Kara's COOOC challenge. It used light weights again and was focused more on the lower body. Overall I like how Kara combines pilates, mobility and strength training, it's just the talk about hydrated / rinsed / flushed body parts that puzzles me sometimes. Maybe it's my lack of imagination, lol.

I still haven't decided if I want to switch to Jessica for the next 4 weeks, and she mentioned in her Instagram stories today the price will likely go up by the next challenge. Hmm.

Dana, I hope you're feeling better today.

Waves everyone!
Old 01-04-24, 09:30 AM  
buffmama

Justina's mobility class this morning
Coreself Intermediate Mat - 13 min (good)
Polina - where do you do Kara's workouts? does she have a streaming site? What draws you to it?
Dana - rest up and feel better.
Old 01-04-24, 09:40 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning.

This variation of Covid is a doozy. I feel awful and had another bad night last night. It's like a bad case of flu combined with strep throat. My PCPs office was closed yesterday, but I will call her today. I thought that because I am fully vaccinated I will have a mild case, but NO! I just want to feel good again.

The time to read instructions for Covid testing is when you're healthy and don't need it. Instructions are really very simple, but I had to have my dh read it for me because I couldn't understand what I'm reading. It's like I couldn't connect the dots. Ugh.
Old 01-04-24, 11:05 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Buffmama, Kara has her own streaming site - https://range.karaduvalpilates.com/. I think what I like the most is that it's not a strictly pilates, but rather a combination of different types of movements. I also like that Kara has livestream classes a few times a week and chats with participants before and after the class. It feels like working out with a friend in a way. Her video quality might not be the best, but she gives good cues and shows modifications when needed. All in all, it feels like a good match for now, so I'll see how it goes. I can still jump of to one of Jessica's at any moment

Dana, I hope you can get some meds to relieve your symptoms. Here in the NL we are only supposed to rest and take paracetamol.
Old 01-04-24, 01:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peukalo-Liisa View Post
Buffmama

Dana, I hope you can get some meds to relieve your symptoms. Here in the NL we are only supposed to rest and take paracetamol.
Based on my symptoms and the fact that I am fully vaccinated, my PCP recommended either Advil or Tylenol (kind of like paracetamol) and Mucinex DM to relieve congestion. We had a brief conversation about Paxlovid and because of potential side effects, I chose not to take it. I'll have to rest, isolate for 5 days then mask for another 5 and ride it out.
Old 01-04-24, 05:12 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk x2 (40 min + 20 min)
LWR - 5 min arms/abs
LWR - 5 min glutes

Dana, I'm so sorry you feel miserable. When I had COVID in Dec 22', I had it bad in my throat too. Drink lots of warm liquids. I hope the Advil will help, and pray by some miracle you feel much better soon!

Polina, I'm glad you're enjoying your workouts! I like the idea of Pilates with strength and mobility. I will have to check out her website.

Donna, I miss a slow walker! I'm practically jogging with Praline. She just started training and we're working on her not pulling ahead of us. She's actually quite good on the leash, but she sure does like to move, lol.

Carol, are you due for snow too? I'm sorry if you said so and I missed it. We're getting our first major storm this weekend.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 05:45 PM  
donnamp

I hope you feel better, Dana!

I think the predictor of how bad a case you have is probably the variant you get infected with. I think mine was one of the more mild ones. I didn't have a sore throat at all.

I'm still dealing with a good amount of congestion and fatigue (which comes and goes) as well as a bit of brain fog, so I can understand reading the directions on the tests. I need to order some new tests, to have on hand.

I am not convinced that I will never get this again - so best to be prepared.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Christine - how old is Praline? Summer is 11.5 now!!! I do remember her "young" days when I was practically jogging with her. Now it is a slow walk, sniffing everything along the way....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-24, 07:54 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith - Cardio Step Jam from WalkStrong 3 - 30 minutes & Recover from Stretch & Relax - 15 minutes

I'm not sure that I've ever done Cardio Step Jam before. I generally didn't use the step (like Debbie), but I did some; I wanted to be able to finish the workout! The Recover stretch was really nice! I've done 2 or 3 of the stretches from that DVD (Stretch & Relax) and enjoyed them all. If you are looking for a DVD of short stretches filmed outside, I'd recommend Stretch & Relax.

Donna - We're seeing an uptick in Covid cases here too, just based on the number of people I know personally who've been diagnosed since Christmas. Everyone says it's the pits! I am super tempted to mask up when we're in staff meetings.

Christine - Yes, we are having snow today! This snow isn't too bad; we have another storm coming through on Monday that could be worse. Time will tell.

Polina - Your workouts sound interesting!

Dana - I'm so sorry it's bad!

buffmama - Nice workouts!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 05:05 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Good morning, today I wanted to do something different so I did

Kara Duval - Wake Up Wiggle - 7min as a warm up.

Justina Ercole - Broadway Hits Dance - 28min. It is one of her free classes she did this week. It was a lot of fun, but now I'm tired and want to go to bed

Dana, I hope you're feeling better.

Waves everyone!

Tags
wall pilates