Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-23, 11:29 AM  
Gams

Kelly Coffey Meyer question

Does anyone know which of Kelly’s workouts use egg weights? Thanks!
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-23, 12:09 PM  
bubbles76

Some RAW workouts use egg weights. I don't remember any of her dvds using egg weights, but I don't have her very newest.

ETA: CardioFit has the option to use egg weights, but I can't remember if she actually used them or not. And some members use them in Power Splits.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-23, 12:18 PM  
Gams

I was trying to remember because there was a workout where she used egg weights and I liked the workout a lot, but in going through my KCM DVDs, I’m not seeing which one it would be.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-23, 12:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

On Kelly's Newest Timesaver Total Body Sculpt, she uses egg weights in the Box and Tone workout. I just did that one today, and it was great! I haven't done all of the New RAW workouts yet, but she may use them in other RAW DVDs, as well. I have them, but just haven't tried them yet. Both Box & Pump 5 and CardioFIT state that egg weights are optional, from the description on DVD covers.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-23, 03:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Some RAW workouts use egg weights. I don't remember any of her dvds using egg weights, but I don't have her very newest.

ETA: CardioFit has the option to use egg weights, but I can't remember if she actually used them or not. And some members use them in Power Splits.
DVDs:
2Lazy4gym reviews for DVDs CardioFit and Power Splits both mention egg weights as an option.

On Mary's site CardioFit mentions egg weights in the equipment list:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-...offe-p/869.htm

same with Power Splits:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-...-Cof-p/870.htm

KCM streaming:

when you do a google search with the term:

Kelly Coffey Meyer egg weights

...these pop up in the results:

- RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Box
- RAW Cardio Finisher

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 12:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Box & Pump 5 "RAW"

I finally had a chance to try out Box & Pump 5 today and it was so good! It's a 50 minute workout, but you have the option to stop at the 30 minute point...or somewhat after.

Egg weights are used, alternating with a single heavier dumbbell (for squats, curtsy lunges, snatches and bicep curls.) I loved loved loved the boxing exercises with the egg weights. That was one of the best workouts and you will work hard and get sweaty. It's so fun and I'm so glad I bought this one (back in 2021.)

For those that were complaining about the echo-y sound in the New Total Body Timesaver workouts, there is none of that here. It's just Kelly & "Kitty." They are not in the same garage from the Timesaver DVDs, I don't think. There is a flag hanging against white brick walls with what looks like garage type (maybe patio) black speckled flooring. But, it's some outdoor (walled-in) enclosed space.

Lot's of various boxing combos and Kelly repeats them, so you have a chance to get it. Again, such fun ab and cardo workout!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
egg weights, kcm, kcm power splits