Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-26-22, 05:12 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Diane - chiming in about COVID...
Donna - That's about what I've heard from the people I know who have gotten it. This new variant is extremely contagious. Scott still has a dry cough and has had to use a rescue inhaler when his chest tightens up. Some people get better faster - I'm sure it all depends on their immune system. I'm glad he's back at work although I agree about seeming too soon.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got up super early (for me) today - I don't know why - other than my dog did not wake me up last night - but I'm glad I did as I was able to get my workout done before my contractor arrived at 7:30.

I used to be able to get up between 4 and 5 a.m. to workout before work, back in the old days - but working from home and having a dog that wakes me at least once a night got me out of the habit. I now generally get up at 6:30 and do my workout around 7:30 - and w/ WFH I'm ready to work between 8:30/9:00 - which were my hours when commuting.

Anyway - I'm glad I got it done, I did:

Ellen - Super Duper Sculpt

Ellen is low dread for me, so she is probably going to be a regular during the next few weeks while my bathroom remodel is going on.

This evening I will try another yoga from Man Flow Yoga or do some light cardio.

Diane - yes, I have had some bouts of the flu and there is no way a week later I'd be up for a full 8 hour day of active work. But, he is self employed, so I'm sure some of it is - no work, no money, whereas I have sick leave I can take. Plus I'm sure his unexpected week off has set him behind on other jobs as well. He seems to run a tight ship, which is good for me - in that he'll work diligently to complete the job, but I am guessing that is also why he was eager to get back to it - to keep everything on schedule.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 08:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Wish I could say we had thunderstorms, but all we got were empty promises. At least today is a little drier and there's a light breeze.

Last night I enjoyed my grandniece's sacral-themed yoga class via Zoom.

Donna, wow you were an early riser for working out! You still get a lot done in the morning. Good luck with the new project.

Diane, have you had any relief from the heat?

Thinking of Summer Breeze.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-22, 10:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Things pretty much the same here. Just wanted to say hi and thank you all for thinking of me and the good, healing vibes.
My next follow up appt is Friday so hoping things are still progressing on the right track. *fingers crossed*

DONNA, well your contractor sounds very professional so hoping he concludes the job quickly and perfectly.

DIANE, good workouts and good idea to get some rest when you can in the brutal heat.
Today does seem a little more bearable so here's hoping it stays this way awhile. Too bad about the concert tickets but your health is obviously much more valuable.

PAT, yeah the thunderstorms kind of fizzled around here too. I think we got a few brief showers and that was it. But at least we seem to have a little relief from it. The yoga sounds lovely.

Have a wonderful day!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-22, 08:52 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

The contractor was here until late last night, so no evening workout for me. However, the weather was decent yesterday so I took my Golden for a short lunch time walk. I'm hoping to get back into that habit in the fall.

This morning I just did a short one:

Burpee Girl Short Workouts- Fat Burning Burn & Tone from 7/13/22

I like doing the BG short workouts - they go by fast, they are low impact, go at your own pace workouts. And they are barefoot, sometimes I can't be bothered with shoes!

I may get a stretch in later.

Be back later for personals!

Donna
Old 07-27-22, 09:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ My own PT/yoga sequence including some standing poses
~ Lunch walk
~ Bellyfit Springtime Ritual workout 3 - Seeds of Sustenance
~ Bird Restorative Yoga Full Body Stretch
~ 5,586 steps

Donna - hmm, Burpee Girl sounds like a channel I should explore.

Good morning to Summer Breeze and Diane.
Old 07-28-22, 05:32 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

Well, today we are meeting my DH’s twin brother in the Berkshires. Kind of dreading it as he’s a pretentious schmuck – they couldn’t be more polar opposites! He had planned a full day of museums, restaurants, etc. and I put the brakes on that. We’re still in Covid! So we whittled it down to a walk on the grounds of The Mount, Edith Wharton’s homestead and then lunch in Great Barrington that has outdoor seating. Nevertheless, I’m praying for heavy rain so we can just do lunch and leave. He’s a braggart, always trying to dazzle everyone with his knowledge on things and it’s nauseating. Truly obnoxious. My husband's entire family are very smart, very accomplished but humility is not their strong point, except for my DH. At this stage of our lives, who cares where you went to school, how well you did, or how many degrees one has??? It's all BS in the long run anyway! Do some good for animals and those less fortunate then I'll be impressed.

Tuesday’s Workout:
  • Treadlift Strength portion – Chest & Triceps
  • Pushups and tricep dips
  • Stretch

Wednesday: did nothing as I had a stomach ache. I think it was from a salad I had the night before. Thankfully, it made it's way out of my body but I rested after I was done with Angel and some errands. Today I'm ready to go!

Donna: So true about being self-employed. That’s always problematic if one gets sick. Poor guy – I hope he’s feeling better.

Pat: Some relief from the heat but the humidity is creeping back up today.

Summer Breeze: No regrets about *eating* my concert tickets. When I bought them we certainly looked like we were on the back end of this virus. How wrong was I! Will be thinking of you and your follow up appt! I’m sure you are progressing!!! Hugs!

Pray for rain!!!!! See you all tomorrow!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-22, 10:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Did not get up early enough to get a workout in before the tile guy came...so hopefully this evening. I'm thinking something from Jessica Valent - straightforward weights or something.....

Diane - people like that annoy me, too.

Summer Breeze - I hope you get a good report.

Waves, Pat!

Take care,

Donna
Old 07-28-22, 11:06 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Kassandra Full Body Morning Stretch
~ Lunch walk
~ Evening walk at the beach
~ 6,896 steps

It was perfect at the beach! I chatted with a seagull and watched the American oyster catchers that nest on a tiny off-shore island. Also observed an osprey looking for dinner, but no dramatic fish dives. Today we're supposed to get t-storms, we'll see. Either that or the big pregnant cloud that hangs over us and disappears again, leaving the heat even worse.

Ugh, good luck with your visit today Diane. Too bad your BIL has to suck the life out of what otherwise sounds like a good afternoon.

Good morning to Donna and Summer Breeze!
Old 07-29-22, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

HI Everyone,

Got up too late this morning (Bailey, my Lab had me up last night) and tile guy was coming early..

Yesterday at lunch I did Jessica Valent's Non-Impact HIIT fundamentals which was essentially a body weight toning workout.

I'm going to aim for something at lunch today - maybe an Ellen, maybe another Jessica Valent routine.

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga