Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-16, 03:23 AM  
mrs lightyear

Classic Callanetics- A re-edited workout?

Hello. I was wondering what Classic callanetics was on the callanetics web site.

https://studio.callanetics.com/media.../45916/preview

I love callanetics. I have most of Callan's. Is this version a re-edit of the quick callanetics?

Thank you for your help.
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 04:31 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs lightyear View Post
Is this version a re-edit of the quick callanetics?
yes.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 05:08 AM  
mrs lightyear

Thank you, bzar.

Is there any previously unseen footage included, and if so, what exercises?
Old 12-20-16, 10:53 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i was basing my comment on the link you provided vs. the clips on Collage.

but given that the run time is ~60 min, i'm **guessing** all of the footage from the Quicks are in it. that's somewhat misleading because the 10/10 workout, to me, is "classic" since it came out before the Quicks.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-16, 05:13 PM  
Lannette

Yes, it's from Quick Callanetics and possibly a very small bit of previously unreleased footage. I really like it. IMO it's a great stepping stone from the original Callanetics and Super Callanetics.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-16, 12:43 AM  
mrs lightyear

Thank you very much for your replies. I like the quicks very much. The hips one is VERY effective. To have them all edited into one workout sounds intriguing.
Old 12-22-16, 04:58 AM  
Lannette

Jude,

I want to clarify that I meant that Classic Callanetics is a great stepping stone from the original TO Super Callanetics. I rotated the Quicks and Classic and it was a nice effective rotation. The editing is smooth so it moves straight through too. The Quicks were new to me but now I really like them too!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 12-22-16, 11:58 AM  
mrs lightyear

Thank you very much for clarifying, Lannette,
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember the quicks go up to 75 reps instead of 100. I can see how they would be a great stepping stone.

After Christmas I hope to get back to callanetics. At first I will use the callanetics count down book, beginner callanetics, and may even treat myself to Callanetics Countdown itunes download.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-16, 12:49 PM  
Lannette

Jude,
I did Classic Callanetics again today and was surprised that the abs were all 100 reps. There were 5! Sets of the pelvic wave but only one set of 10 plies. The hip and behind exercises both seated and kneeling are 100 reps. They aren't repeated standing as they are in Super C. There are a few stretches that are shortened or left out and pelvic rotations are cut back to 5 each way. I just started during her explanation and did around 8 put added 5 center pulses on the last four. But then there's are two sets of open close. It's really nicely done.

Love your plan Jude.

Last edited by Lannette; 12-22-16 at 12:49 PM. Reason: To add
Old 12-22-16, 12:59 PM  
mrs lightyear

Thank you, Lannette for your detailed break down. I really appreciate it. I think I will treat myself to that version too It sounds really good.