Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-31-22, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I remember when Collage was about 7 miles from me and I'd pick up my orders there. Those were the days.
Wow! That's a treat.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 10:53 AM  
sherry7899

A new Goodwill opened near me. I saw Leslie's Walk away the pounds one mile abs on vhs. That is one of the first exercise videos I bought. Major nostalgia trip seeing it!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 10:58 AM  
red1013

Not for sale, but Family Video used to have a lot of fitness DVD's in their "rent for free" section. I remember they had quite a few firm workouts.

I acquired several Firm workouts over the years from Marshall's/TJ Maxx/Ross.
Old 07-31-22, 11:11 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Not for sale, but Family Video used to have a lot of fitness DVD's in their "rent for free" section. I remember they had quite a few firm workouts.
Yes, we didn't even get into fitness video rentals too much in this thread! I used to find great stuff at my local library but also would rent things from Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, and the days of Netflix disc-by-mail (they had a TON). When I was in my early twenties, I used to live right across the street from an extremely well-stocked Hollywood Video, to the point where I managed to exist quite happily for three years without cable or even a TV antenna and just got all my home video entertainment needs met from that store (plus the library and VHS I already had).
Old 07-31-22, 11:51 AM  
sherry7899

My library never had a great selection of exercise videos to borrow. They had ones I had donated in their collection. I remember back when they had VHS also. I donated my VHS of Candlelight Yoga by Sara Ivanhoe when I upgraded to the dvd. I remember a library clerk (who is still there) told me that she "borrowed" and kept the Sara Ivanhoe VHS I donated for the library! I was a little pissed she did that, but if it converted her to liking yoga, then it's okay. I never followed up and asked her.

Old 08-01-22, 10:56 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Sherry - my library has about 600 Rodney Yee videos.

Kat999, my rental places didn't have much for exercise videos, but I did get to try Jazzercise and Denise Austen on tape.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 06:19 AM  
dlb

Menards would have a bin of all sorts of dvds - I once found a Pilates dvd - Shelley McDonald, I believe. DH use to wait patiently for my pick thru...
dlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 09:52 AM  
JustSandra

Target once had a fabulous selection of fitness videos. You could tell that someone who understood quality workouts had a hand in picking them out.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 01:30 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Those were the days when you could find the fitness section of DVDs!

I looked for them at Target, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, K-Mart, Frye's, etc. Costco sometimes had a selection of fitness videos.

I wasn't a member of Sam's Club, but I found a day pass so that I could buy the Body Pump (1999) DVD set with the barbell and plates.

Years later, Leslie Sansone had some deal with Target for DVDs with assorted equipment (stretchie band, weighted belt, weighted gloves). Not all Targets had them, so there was some frustration on VF. I scored a coupon and still use the workouts.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-22, 02:16 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Those were the days when you could find the fitness section of DVDs!

Years later, Leslie Sansone had some deal with Target for DVDs with assorted equipment (stretchie band, weighted belt, weighted gloves). Not all Targets had them, so there

was some frustration on VF. I scored a coupon and still use the workouts.

I remember those Target sets. I bought extras for a member named stephanie_932. I have not seen her on here for years.

Tags
retail outlets