Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-22, 08:31 PM  
Dontmindthemess

AnMrsDe I’m so glad your mom is doing well. My husband is almost 100% but I did do most of the shoveling. I was very strategic this year. I shoveled halfway through yesterday and put some rock salt down. Today was very cold but it was sunny and actually very nice so I just had to clean up a little today. This was the only sizable snow we’ve had for three years and I hope it’s another three years before I shovel

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-22, 10:43 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. After 2 flights canceled one rescheduled and several delays, I made it home. Just in time for a snow day. Today I walked 2 miles to music. It's a start.
Jane, we have been getting snowstorm after snowstorm. DH keeps saying how glad he is that he finally replaced the snowblower.
Helen, great workouts!
amg, I'm glad your husband's surgery went well.
AnMrsDe, I'm glad your mom has good support. That's so important.
CabC, happy back to work day!
Elsie, that is a big move!
Hi to everyone else!

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 03:46 AM  
Elsie

Chrys, all that re-scheduling sure sounds exhausting. Glad you are home soundly! Hope your family are doing well.
Sollamyn, Welcome!!!
CabC, take care of those sore muscles.
Jane, sending *get well* wishes to your DH!
Oh, you are very right about the culture change. When I moved out here over 20 years ago now, in many ways, it was like living in a different country minus the language barriers. People at work complained that I wasn't giving them enough personal space, LOL. I didn't fit in in many ways. I'm sure moving back (yes, I'm from the east coast. Rural girl, but lived in the city during adulthood.) will have some of those same challenges. I will definitely miss a lot about British Columbia. We do enjoy it here. And I'm spoiled by the mild autumn and winter.

Waving to everyone!
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 11:54 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, It is awesome that you already got your cute tank top! And that it is a good fit, enjoy! Also glad to hear your mom is doing well

Jane, glad to hear you enjoy Essentrics as well, I like the music too. For years, I have had a hard time not knowing how to fit them either. I have been in a funk lately, and not feeling like doing too much, so they have been great, I feel like I get a good workout without killing myself. Sending healing vibes to your DH.

Elsie, are you moving to another country? Or to another province? Either way, best wishes for your future move, and try to take it easy, moves can be a bit stressful (at least for me).

Chrys, glad you made it home safely.

Amg, how fun to workout with your DS!

Liz, welcome!

Glad to see several people back for this year!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-22, 10:13 PM  
Helen

ELSIE
• A friend who grew up in the USA said that when she moved here (Australia) she was surprised to get real culture shock. One thing was personal space. She'd step in to speak to people & they'd take a step back. It was so obvious to her that she thought she had halitosis or a strong body odour, or that people seemed to continually take an instant dislike to her. It wasn't until a kind person saw what was going on & pointed out the personal space difference. She had to learn to stay an arm's length away - made a world of difference for her.
• Hope the move back goes smoothly - don't understimate the stress factor as ASAS noted.

Wednesday, the 5th:
morning kick-off, since it's been working for me
33min, Tim Senesi - 30 Day Yoga Challenge - Day 03
noonish: weights, since last 2 workouts were cardio
58min, Debbie Siebers - Slim Series - Firm It Up
afternoon - got the hint!
45min, dog walk
evening finisher
23min, Adriene Mishler - 30 Days of Yoga 2015 - Day 03 Forget What You Know

WAVES to everyone - have a great Thursday!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 11:36 AM  
AnMrsDe

Thanks, everyone! My mom is taking it day by day...I'm sure it helps that I go over every day, too. She slept really good last night...I told her it's probably b/c her mind could relax now due to the financial woes of getting things straightened out with her advisor and also her new furnace which she just purchased! It was very old and she was scared it would go out and leave her heatless on these 11* days!

April, I'm glad your DH's surgery went well and is pain free! How fun to be working out with your son! Enjoy it now, as when they get to be teens it will be pretty "uncool" to workout with mom! At least mine thought that way. Then when they are adults, the attitude is better but my kids tend to do their own workouts on their own or at the gym. (My DD runs and I don't...we have gone together before but that was when she still lived at home).

Chrys, nice to see you pop in and glad you made it home with those exhausting flight issues. Good thing you had a snow day and didn't have to go to work when you got back and could rest a bit.

~~~Waves~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-22, 02:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Helen, poor little thing! I am so glad someone helped her to know what was the issue, so she could fix it. Phew!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 01-06-22, 03:25 PM  
amg

ASAS - I love Essentrics too but have trouble fitting them in because they can be more of a workout then I am looking for. But, I always feel great after an Essentrics w/o.

Chrys - Glad you made it home! We rarely get snow here (and when we do everything is just shut down) so I like hearing everyone post about their snow experiences.

AMD - Thanks! It's great that you are able to see your mom everyday. I am definitely enjoying the extra time with DS knowing it won't last much longer. Hoping his sweetness sticks around but who knows. He's my biggest cheerleader motivating me to push myself at any physical activity and telling me when I did a great job navigating a hard part of a mountain bike trail yesterday.

Waves to everyone!!!
Old 01-06-22, 06:08 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Amg, they do feel good! Glad to hear you like it too. Your son sounds like a very sweet young boy indeed! Stay blessed

Old 01-09-22, 08:57 AM  
mrs lightyear

January 2022
9 - Essentrics: Relieve shoulder pain and tension (Stretch dvd)
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full body workout vol 3, just the workouts, kcm power splits, standing yoga