Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-07-20, 06:45 AM  
CabCalloway

Despite heavy pollen and clueless folks who can't keep distance, I've been doing decent length bike rides and of course dog walks. We have some free weights at home that I occasionally pick up when the mood strikes me, though I ought to be more organized and consistent with those.

Waves to all.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 06:55 AM  
Cher

T2B, when I did STS (years ago), I took my step bench and set it up with a couple risers then placed a chair on each side of my bench sort of as a rack. It took some figuring exactly where to place the chairs and the height of my bench that worked right but it did work out for the time being. Also, you have to be very careful your barbell is placed on the chairs and not rolling before you let go of it. Not probably the safest idea but it did work for the workout at the time.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 08:53 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Waves to everyone. Here's what I have so far!

4. Cathe XT Chest, Shoulder, Back, 6 rounds/Peloton Oliver's 20 Min Pop Fun Walk
5. Peloton Oliver's 20-minute Fun Hike, then we put our cat in a stroller and walked around the neighborhood. She loved it!
6. Cathe XT Biceps and Triceps plus Core 1. The core hurt my back a little and I may have to just switch to planks and standing abs.

I have scheduled XT Legs today.

Over the weekend, I pulled out my sewing machine and made DH a T-shirt mask. I am now inspired to make several variations and have ordered some fun fabrics to work with. Who knew that double bias tape would ever sell out!

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 02:01 PM  
mrs lightyear

April
Essentrics
7th 1224
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 09:02 PM  
cdayley

Hi. I did CIA Athletic Step Jam last night and a dog walk tonight. My fitbit wouldn't sync last night or this morning, and I had 11,400 steps yesterday. Thankfully I just got a Flex as a backup, and some holders so I can wear it like the One. I'm working on getting a headache, so I'm going to go to bed early and hope it goes away.
Beth, my DH has been making masks. DIL has friends who have been making their own bias tape.
Cab, I've been glad that people have maintained their distance during our walks.
AnMrsDe and fanofladyvols, thanks for the welcome home
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 08:25 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi Chrys! It's good to see you. I finally got a treadmill after all this time; it arrived a week before our state quarantined everyone to stay at home.

April
4. Cathe XT Chest, Shoulder, Back, 6 rounds/Peloton Oliver's 20 Min Pop Fun Walk
5. Peloton Oliver's 20-minute Fun Hike, then we put our cat in a stroller and walked around the neighborhood. She loved it!
6. Cathe XT Biceps and Triceps plus Core 1. The core hurt my back a little and I may have to just switch to planks and standing abs.
7. Bing watched movies!
8. Cathe XT legs/20 minute Peloton scenic walk Taiwan

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 11:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

"Dear VF diary, is it wrong that I smiled when I saw that AMD got sore from her walk? She is human after all! I think there's been speculation and debate for some time and so I consider this hard evidence of her humanity. On another note, I get frustrated when my "edit" button for this post is gone. What the heck?! Oh, it's Cher's post I'm trying to edit. "

LMAO, CharM!!!! Too, too funny!! First time out this season for the speed walk and I was SO SORE, LOL! My shins are STILL sore!! Why can't I just take a LEISURELY walk...why do I always think I have to walk as fast as I possibly can?? If my DH walked with me, I think this would change, since I would have to go slower so he could keep up! Maybe I should work on that! Or if I had a dog who sniffed a lot, that might work too! Hehehe

And keep to yourself---and quit trying to edit everyone else's post! LOL!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 01:23 PM  
CabCalloway

Got a 5 miler bike ride in on Wednesday.
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 06:05 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
"Dear VF diary, is it wrong that I smiled when I saw that AMD got sore from her walk? She is human after all! I think there's been speculation and debate for some time and so I consider this hard evidence of her humanity. On another note, I get frustrated when my "edit" button for this post is gone. What the heck?! Oh, it's Cher's post I'm trying to edit. "

LMAO, CharM!!!! Too, too funny!! First time out this season for the speed walk and I was SO SORE, LOL! My shins are STILL sore!! Why can't I just take a LEISURELY walk...why do I always think I have to walk as fast as I possibly can?? If my DH walked with me, I think this would change, since I would have to go slower so he could keep up! Maybe I should work on that! Or if I had a dog who sniffed a lot, that might work too! Hehehe

And keep to yourself---and quit trying to edit everyone else's post! LOL!
Cracked me up!! (CharM, I could have written the same post about the amazing AMD!)

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-20, 07:17 PM  
CharM

AMD, I believe you! I have trouble slowing down, too, and it's always when I'm by myself. When I walk with my husband, I'm constantly telling him to slow down because it's usually when we're out of town and supposed to be relaxing. I don't know why he must race to get to our destination. haha

Dorothy, you did 64 minutes on your Peloton?! Now I'm beginning to wonder if you're the robot. Wow! I think I could 20 minutes before my legs turn to jelly.

This made me smile:
Quote:
LOL! So cute.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts