Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-14-16, 06:12 AM  
mrs lightyear

Classical Stretch Season 2 Breakdown and locations

Hi. I found this online. It's season 2 episodes and locations. The locations sound lovely. Are these locations also used for the vinatge classical stretch dvds eg Arms and Abs/ Full workout 1 etc? Has anyone seen these episodes? Thanks in advance and happy stretching!

CLASSICAL STRETCH SEASON 200

201 Vizcaya: “Hedges”

At Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miranda demonstrates how to get rid of the flab under your arms and improve posture.

202 Belfield Great House: “Overlook”

Miranda works on slenderizing the legs and firming the butt.

203 James Bond Beach: “Goldensand”

The beach is a great place to relieve stress and increase flexibility.

204 Shaw Park Garden: “Shaw Park Falls”

Miranda demonstrates that it is possible to relieve stress and get a good workout at the same time.

205 Firefly: “Noel Coward’s House“

At the home of the late playwright, Miranda performs a stunning routine designed to slenderize hips and flatten the stomach.

206 Coral Castle: “Moon & Planets”

The interesting architecture of Florida’s Coral Castle provides the backdrop for this workout to improve balance.

207 Rose Hall Great House: “Rose Hall Great House“

Elongate your thighs and slenderize your waist at Rose Hall Great House in Jamaica.

208 South Beach #1

South Beach in Miami Beach is the place to be to slenderize hips and strengthen wrists.

209 Coyaba River Garden: “Serene Waterpool”

The flora and fauna of Jamaica provide the backdrop for a special routine targeting back pain.

210 Dunn’s River Falls

Jamaica’s #1 tourist attraction is the location for this workout focusing on correct Classical Stretch technique.
211 Vizcaya: “Waterfall”

Miranda proves that thin thighs and a strong back are within everyone’s reach.

212 Belfield Great House: “Fountain”

The grounds of the former plantation house overlooking Montego Bay, Jamaica, supply the setting as Miranda shows how to slenderize the waist and strengthen the arms.
213 James Bond Beach: “Beaches are Forever”

Increased flexibility and a reduced waist size are the goals at the former playground of author Ian Fleming.
214 Shaw Park Garden: “Waterfall Cascade”

The soothing sounds of Shaw Park’s beautiful waterfall can be heard in the backgound as Miranda works to relieve stress and strengthen the feet.

215 Firefly: “Port Maria Overlook”

A fantastic view of the beautiful Caribbean Sea and Port Maria from late playwright Noel Coward’s home can be seen as Miranda proves that flatter abs and thinner hips are within everyone’s reach.

216 Vizcaya: “Water Pool”

Good posture can help reduce back pain.

217 Seville Great House: “Plantation House”

Miranda demonstrates proper Classical Stretch technique.

218 Coyaba River Garden: “Tropical Forest”

Today’s workout, amidst the palm trees and garden vistas of Coyaba River Garden in Jamaica, is designed to combat Osteoporosis and improve posture.

219 Silver Sands: “Jamaican Beach”

Slenderize hips and reduce back pain as Miranda works out on a sandy Jamaican beach.

220 Fairchild Tropical Garden: “Palm Tree Pond”

Miranda targets those hard-to-get-rid-of saddlebags during a workout at Fairchild Tropical Garden in Miami.

221 Shaw Park Garden: “Tropical Pool”

The serenity of Shaw Park Garden’s tropical pool in Jamaica provides the setting for a workout designed to both flatten abs and relieve stress.

222 South Beach #2

Slenderize your hips and strengthen your wrists on the chic, trendy section of Miami Beach known as “South Beach.”

223 Belfield Great House: “Stone Columns”

Miranda targets the legs and feet for this workout.

224 Coral Castle: “Rock Bedroom”

Miranda shows how to prevent and combat the effects of Osteoporosis amidst the unusual architecture of Florida’s Coral Castle.

225 James Bond Beach “A View to a Kill”

The beach of the author of the James Bond novels, combined with the breathtaking turquoise-blue waters of the Caribbean Sea, provide Miranda with the perfect spot to relieve stress and improve posture.

226 Vizcaya: “Mansion”

The legs, hips, and butt get a great workout at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens in Miami.

227 Silver Sands: “Tropical Beach”

Sun, sea, sand, and Miranda combine to reduce back pain and firm the butt.

228 Rose Hall Great House: “Arches”

While working the inner thighs to slenderize the legs, Miranda tells the tale of Annie, the White Witch of Rose Hall in Jamaica.

229 Fairchild Tropical Garden: “Walled Pond”

Slender hips and thighs are within everyone’s reach with Miranda’s workout today.

230 Seville Great House: “Vista”

Today’s workout is a demonstration of proper technique designed to help you get the most of your Classical Stretch workout.
mrs lightyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 09:21 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have never seen Season 2. Interesting. Where did you find this?

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 09:58 AM  
JustSandra

A Google search brings up only the episode list -- no actual video. Too bad, as they sound intriguing! I didn't think anything earlier than Season 4 was out on video.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 10:08 AM  
mrs lightyear

Hello! Yes I did a google search. Somebody posted on facebook that a season had been filmed in Miami. So I did a google search "classical stretch season Miami" and this document appeared in the search. From reading, it looks like the episodes are filmed in Jamaica and Miami. I agree with you Jackie and Sanda, they sound intriguing!
Old 02-14-16, 10:15 AM  
mrs lightyear

I wonder if 209 could be the original back pain relief dvd?
Old 02-14-16, 11:06 AM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
I didn't think anything earlier than Season 4 was out on video.
Same here. Does look interesting, but like Jackie has said previously Classical Stretch has evolved over the years.

Still would like to see the episodes though!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 01:13 PM  
mrs lightyear

Yes, Donna, I like how the technique has evolved I would think season 11 will be out soon.
Old 02-14-16, 04:02 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs lightyear View Post
I wonder if 209 could be the original back pain relief dvd?
I am not sure about that. I have it and it is a half hour. I think it was filmed about the same time as Full Body 1. I believe it was filmed at a resort in Canada, the same as Stress Relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs lightyear View Post
Yes, Donna, I like how the technique has evolved I would think season 11 will be out soon.
I asked about Season 11, and Lynda from the head office said it would be released this summer. Now, I am not optimistic about this. So I'm going to go with "sometime this year".

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-16, 05:32 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I wonder if this is just a TV listing of the Classical Stretch 2nd year of shows? I used to record all the episodes on VHS. I'm going to go downstairs and check....

ETA: The ones I found were marked as 2005 and 2002. But the date at the end of one episode said 1999. I'm not sure what year was the first. Anyone know?

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-16, 09:50 AM  
mrs lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I am not sure about that. I have it and it is a half hour. I think it was filmed about the same time as Full Body 1. I believe it was filmed at a resort in Canada, the same as Stress Relief.

I asked about Season 11, and Lynda from the head office said it would be released this summer. Now, I am not optimistic about this. So I'm going to go with "sometime this year".
Thanks Jackie, for the news. I am anticipating getting it in the Winter Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I wonder if this is just a TV listing of the Classical Stretch 2nd year of shows? I used to record all the episodes on VHS. I'm going to go downstairs and check....

ETA: The ones I found were marked as 2005 and 2002. But the date at the end of one episode said 1999. I'm not sure what year was the first. Anyone know?
I'm sorry I don't know, Karen, but thank you for checking How do the workouts look? Are they pretty?

I have to say, the scenery in the classical stretch seasons perk me up no end. There's always something that makes me smile whether it be the cat in AIS, or the birds wandering around

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white, sahra esmonde-white, season 2, the esmonde technique