Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-24, 12:52 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I was going to post this earlier in the week but couldn't get through. Thanks Alta! Great article.

Cozy exercise is better than no exercise. Cute names make it more appealing, too. I'd like to see some YouTube instructors put out Cozy Cardio workouts for days when I feel like a poop emoji.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 01:14 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
The link in the original post is missing the initial "h." Add it, and you'll get there!

It’s called ‘cozy cardio.’ In a world seeking comfort, some see a happier mode of exercise

I also have some thoughts about the article but will wait to see if I can post longer posts soon.
Thanks! I fixed the link.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 01:19 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I was going to post this earlier in the week but couldn't get through. Thanks Alta! Great article.

Cozy exercise is better than no exercise. Cute names make it more appealing, too. I'd like to see some YouTube instructors put out Cozy Cardio workouts for days when I feel like a poop emoji.
Speaking of cute names. The Barlates "Lazy Girl" workouts were a misnomer. They were still a workout! No truly lazy girls were going to do them.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-17-24, 03:05 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

It talks about drinking tea while walking in place and watching TV. Do you think eating ice cream while walking in place and watching TV would also count as cozy cardio? Ice cream relaxes me.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 03:18 PM  
ChelePA

Peloton sent me an email many months ago about this new trend.

https://www.onepeloton.com/blog/what-is-cozy-cardio/
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 04:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
It talks about drinking tea while walking in place and watching TV. Do you think eating ice cream while walking in place and watching TV would also count as cozy cardio? Ice cream relaxes me.

I get antsy watching TV, so I will get up and march in place. I might add some standing stretches. When I have a long phone call, I walk around the house. That is cozy enough for me.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 02-17-24, 05:26 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

VVFer, I also get antsy just watching TV since most of it does not require any thought. I do as you do and walk around the room or in place and also move when I’m on the phone.

Joni, yes, eating ice cream whilst walking in place sounds very Cozy!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 05:32 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I'd like to see some YouTube instructors put out Cozy Cardio workouts for days when I feel like a poop emoji.
Lucy Wyndham-Read has a Cozy Cardio playlist. I would venture to say a lot of her workouts, besides the ones on this list, could be considered cozy cardio. Especially the shorter ones.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...79zNI0ogwgGrv_

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-24, 11:58 AM  
red1013

I've been doing this for awhile, I guess I'm a trendsetter

Every night after dinner I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes while I watch an episode of The Golden Girls. I go at 3.0 mph, and my heart rate is usually high 70's/low 80's, so not strenuous at all. I've found it helps with digestion and I sleep better at night.

This is in addition to my normal morning workout, cozy only just wouldn't cut it for me.
Old 02-18-24, 04:38 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
I've been doing this for awhile, I guess I'm a trendsetter

Every night after dinner I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes while I watch an episode of The Golden Girls. I go at 3.0 mph, and my heart rate is usually high 70's/low 80's, so not strenuous at all. I've found it helps with digestion and I sleep better at night.
That sounds delightful!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
article, article link, cozy cardio, walking pad