Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-24, 09:39 PM  
Buzzer

P90X Back and legs, just the first half.. DONE!

I took a short walk yesterday, however LB and I had to be in town, dressed up and ready to go at 8;45am so I didn't workout. I kinda miss waking up at 3 or 4 am, drinking coffee, and working out. I feel like I sleep in too much sometimes! I need to start setting an alarm at 5am so I can workout.

I did not feel like working out this morning, I don't know why. I was overstimulated after yesterday (we were in a church with about 100 adults and probably as many kids, all talking, plus my friends that were there we all talked). Anyhow, it was a lot and I was tired and peopled out.

So this morning I just enjoyed the quiet. DH finally started moving about 8, so I went out then. We were supposed to have a work guy here at 9, so I used that as an excuse to not run. I didn't use weights for the legs, but did what I could. I was out of breath, but I definitely did NOT give it 100%. Or even 80. But I worked out. I still did better than most people do.

I couldn't get into VF for the last few days. I posted that one quick check in, then couldn't get in again. I was thinking of getting out your email addresses and seeing if we should just start checking out on email!!! Luckily VF is back!!

Ebianco: that cracked me up that I described your workout room. HA! I was thinking of getting rid of the sandbags, however maybe I'll use them again I may say that if I don't use them within a year of today, I will get rid of them. However then I'll want to use them. I will NEVER get rid of the firm step or the fanny lifter though!! Or my weight bench. Everything else could be negotiated. I think I've had the same big blow up ball for... geez, 15 to 20 years? I remember it was before LB, and I was working at the spa. I even think it was before I was married, so.... over at least 17 years. I ordered it from Avon and it's a Bally's or something like that brand. So I suppose that tells you how much I use it... it's still in like new condition I don't get rid of it though. I still pull it out occasionally to stretch with, so I use it. That was a weird side rant!

I am noticing that when I hear DH awake, I start to tense up. He usually isn't blunt or annoyed at me, it's usually other people and he vents it to me what they are doing. He sometimes wakes up after reading a text or something and right away starts telling me about it when he comes out of the bedroom. So I get that! Funny that our husbands both do that.

Eventmom: Yeah, I hope she does learn and drive better! So scary. I mean, people already drive like idiots on the road... too close and taking too many chances. I don't want to add to the mix. I just get out of everyone's way. I want to be seen (which cracks me up that I have a highlighter yellow car now... no missing me!) and stay out of everyones way. I don't like aggressive driving at all. It amazes me how many people drive like that!! I learned to always drive as if you are invisible. Assume no one can see you. I have always driven like that, and I like it. chances are anymore, I am to someone who is trying to whip around traffic like crazy!!! Ugh. Makes me anxious for sure!

I met my friend to lift with her, and it was so much fun!! I told her it's like finding out someone wants to be in your club and you are so happy, and so excited for them to love the club as much as I do. She had a great time, and learned a lot. It was a blast!!! I loved it. LB was occupied by her daughter, and she had just gotten a new bosu in the mail that day. So we had fun with the bosu and lifting!!!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-24, 10:34 AM  
Buzzer

Ran/walked 1.75 miles... done.
Did the warmup and stretch to Core Synergetic... DONE.

I was beating myself up for the bad run. I was blaming it on the guy talking quiet... we were looking at water buffalo and leopards and he was whispering, so I had to turn it up. However, he whispered almost the whole workout, so I can't blame a bad workout on him this time. I finally thought "well, I guess some weeks I just won't do well. I will do well again and want to run again" so I finished up with a bad mileage number. however, when I got off the treadmill, I realized that my legs were completely sore from yesterday's back and leg workout! Wow. No wonder I had a crappy run! my legs locked up. Like, every move hurt. The run must have put me over the edge, and now my legs and abs HURT. HA! Advil day!

I did the warmup to core synergetic, and figure I will do the workout tomorrow. I needed the stretch though!! We are leaving for church soon, so I didn't want to workout for a long time anyhow. I guess it has been a while since I worked my legs doing something other than running! I didn't even use weights yesterday. I am SORE!

Lets me know what I need to work on more though. in a good way!!

yesterday there was a shooting in our neighborhood. We only have about 1500 houses in the area, and this is only the third time I can remember something like this happening. It was about a 1/4 mile away. I was outside with the dogs, grooming them, and didn't hear a thing. DH and LB were out running errands, and I heard sirens and prayed it wasn't them. I never heard anything though. It was two guys who apparently knew each other, and I know the house it happened at is a rental that always looks kinda trashed (if it's the house I'm thinking of in that area). So we will find out more, but so sad. I hate it when idiots ruin such a good neighborhood. We are usually very low crime, so much so that the sheriff says they come up here and are bored. But when we have something happen, it seems to really happen!!

So I had some quiet time yesterday where I groomed the dogs (which is not even close to being done!), did laundry, and read my book. I am redecorating some of the house... I realized our whole house was decorated in beige and suddenly my brain couldn't stand the house even more. So I got cream sofa covers, some yellow and periwinkle pillow covers, and I am adding some color and something other than beige!!! Ugh. I have to get rid of our giant dining room table too, which takes up half our living space, I swear. Any ideas on what the best way to do that is? safest, easiest, and it's an old, probably 100 years old, table. We got it at an antique auction for like $700, and I looked up a similar one was $20,000. We have broken it and fixed it though.. LB used to climb on it to get books from the bookshelf we had next to it and the weight broke a leg of it. I don't care, I think I'm over it and ready to move away from it. We don't use a dining room table, I have kept it becuase it is an awesome table and can expand with like, 7 leaves to one of those midivil tables that goes on and on!!!

Anyhow, it's time. I have talked about getting rid of it for years, but I love it. Now it's time to get rid of it and reclaim our space in the house. Our house isn't big enough for an antique, giant table. So any ideas you guys have to selling it, let me know!!

Today is supposed to be 70's, then snow on Tuesday. Next week may be a big snowstorm on Monday. Sigh. I am kinda ready for spring! I love the snow when it falls, if it would just melt quick and give us some spring days I'd be happy.
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-26-24, 09:07 AM  
Buzzer

P90X Core Synergetics... DONE!

I think I call this one different names every time I do it. I need to look and see what the real name is. HA! I think I just do whatever spell check lets me get away with.

I went to the banana/core the third banana time. I did probably 3/4 of the workout. I was getting really into doing it, when I realized that I had to wake up LB to leave for metal shop!! It was good though. I focused on my core. I did all the pushup moves on my bench in chest press position. The walking pushups I grabbed 15's and just moved them back and forth like their hands and held my core tight. The pushup to chatarunga runs, I held the weights in either position and moved my legs like theirs, holding my abs contracted. I just did my thing, and it worked for me!

DH spent all weekend working on the garage. I am over it. It's been 5 years this year, we dug the foundation in October 2019. I'm over it. I don't want to do any more construction for as long as I live. I hate it.

Of course he tells me he loves it, then other times he is so annoyed he has to spend all his time doing it. He had a guy who has worked for us before that was going to show up Saturday morning... he didn't. Then the guy said Sunday.... nope. So DH did it all. That I can see complaining about. He did the work the guy was supposed to. However, I know that's how construction is and I want no part of it. Stupid. People are irresponsible and stupid.

Today is metal shop so I gotta keep this short... shorter than I already have! I have to go get ready. I hope you guys are doing well, and getting in some workouts! We have spring temps here today, possibly some big wind, but nice weather. Tomorrow it snows again!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-26-24, 12:24 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - keoni walk + bender ball pilates evolution
today- essentrics class of 2012...

yikes 2012! that's a 12 year old workout. how can that be! dvds really are going away. I'm still being careful with my shoulder and elbow.

buzzer - I totally get being done with construction. This house needed some finishing work and other stuff. For months we had projects every weekend. I was untenured with a 2 year old and DH and his buddy would work on projects, all weekend. I really needed time to work (that's how academe is). Finally I threw a fit. of course then dh was like you don't want to do any projects. Yeah like 10 years ago. Anyway, our house and property needs a lot of tlc now I don't know what the solution is there always seems to be too much to do around any property.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-24, 09:54 PM  
Buzzer

P90X Yoga, just the first 45 minutes.. DONE!

I did just through the end of the standing postures. I did some of it, like warrior 3 and half moon, with my hands on my weight bench. I worked on reaching and stretching and making it good. I was shaking in parts of it, but it was really nice and felt great!

Tomorrow I will probably do the second half. I did not run because DH is painting and so it is really, really hot in the garage. He said "just open the doors" but it seriously doesn't do much. It's still hot. I think the cooler air goes elsewhere in the garage. So I just did yoga. it was so good though. That is seriously my favorite yoga.

it snowed briefly, and we got maybe an inch of snow. it's just been insanely cold. I guess it's OK since we had such a nice weekend and Monday, but I really don't like it when it gets that cold!! I am turning into a cold wimp for sure.

Eventmom: Amen on the construction and too much to do around the property. I told DH that 2 1/2 acres is just too much land anymore. It's nice not having neighbors too close, but maintaining this amount of property is so tedious. Plus add on the construction, the regular maintenance stuff that has to be done, it's a lot. I get tired of it and think longly back to when I lived in a condo, paid $64 a month to an HOA, and everything was done for me. The condo was new so there wasn't really any maintenance, I just lived there. Most I did was clean. I didn't have to own construction equipment, tools, random wood, plastic bins, fancy whatevers and tools and stuff. I just lived there. It was nice. I remember sometimes being bored, and even just going for a run on the weekend and running for an hour or more. Just going. Feels unreal now.

Sometimes I think I should just pick a 50 square foot area in the house and in the yard, and just focus on that until it's tidy and stuff is gone. But it's still overwhelming. I am really working on getting rid of "stuff" for sure. I had DH take like 10 bags to goodwill, and now I have 3 more in the back of my car. I am on a mission to just purge everything. I am so tired!

Anyhow, DH and LB are in the new garage with Otis, and Eugene and I are just listening to the dryer doing its thing. I just need the quiet!!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-28-24, 10:26 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I'm catching up on my workouts from last week-

Saturday-Epic 3 Day 8 chest/shoulders/triceps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P176...juFXy&index=11) which was really good. I am wanting to say I did some cardio as well but I don't really remember LOL.

Sunday-About 20 minutes of various youtube cardio then this Barlates Holiday Fit "Stretch Scupt" Day 14 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMa...tK7rD&index=14). This one was interesting, she introduced the workout as mostly stretch, which I found surprising because upon preview it looked to be a good amount of toning. Then some of the stuff (like the down dog stuff) was pretty hard, then some of it wasn't hard at all. It just seemed like the workout that didn't know what it was doing, which reminded me of Fitprime FlexPosture with Tamela Hastie (do you guys remember that one?) which I really wanted to like but again just couldn't. In general though I've been really liking Barlates Holiday Fit series.

Monday/Tuesday-planned rest days. I walked for 60 minutes Monday and Tuesday ended up being my in-office day so I got in just 30 minutes walking before work.

Eventmom and Buzzer I get the server error all the time recently (though not today) so that is worrisome.

Eventmom Great job on all of your TAs!

It is hilarious and almost offputting how aged seemingly 'newish' workouts are when you look at the year they came out

Buzzer I agree with you I would never get rid of the Fanny Lifter or Transfirmer steps. I also have one-off equipment like the Firm Wave that I never use, but when I think of getting rid of it, I think "but I still have the workouts and might use it someday!" And maybe once ever 4 or 5 years I'll pull out a Wave workout and think "it's just okay" LOL Astonishingly I never got a weight bench although I would like to have one someday. I had a really old stability ball but I was worried it wasn't the anti-burst kind so I got a new one a couple of years ago, and I feel like I use it more because I feel like it's safer?? Also I would never get rid of my Select Tech adjustable weights, especially now with the Caroline workouts. I got them WAY back when Chalene had her heavy weight series CLX or whatever, then didn't use them regularly for years, and now rediscovered them and they're some of my most used equipment. So that goes to show you don't know what you're going to really want in 10 years. I am not pressed for space, but I would still like to pare down just to feel fresh and organized. I don't think I've really scrutinized or organized my gym in several years, definitely not since moving into this house four years ago.

Great job on all your P90X workouts!

Lucie waves!
Old 02-28-24, 02:29 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - hilary burnett pilates intermediate
today - KV yoga stretch

yesterday I had to cut my workout short because we had workers scheduled to come by at 9. Today I decided to me my recovery day - then I cleaned 4 stalls WTH.

buzzer - one of the many reasons I want to move is that I cannot keep up 18 acres. DH's help is making a phone call to hire someone but then I have to deal with getting it done. Fortunately the last two days we actually got 2 things done that really needed to be one - moved the entire more than 1 year manure pile and then yesterday they cleared up the trees from the property (some to cut down some had fallen) and the brush pile I'd created.

ebianco - I look at the year some of these workouts were made and I'm like what??? I just got that one. I remember being very excited to buy the just joyce series new from joyce - they were released in 2008 how can that be! sigh.

waves lucie!
Old 02-29-24, 11:26 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.1 miles...DONE!
P90X Chest, shoulders and tris.. DONE!

OK, done halfsies. I like halfsies! Especially after running. I have slowed down my run again by .3 mph, and am focusing on my posture during my run. I was noticing that I was starting to tense up and my belly was hanging out when I ran, so I slowed it down and focused on form. Then I can start bringing it up again. I am realizing there are some things more important to me than mileage and time ran.

The P90X was so fun. I do love Tony, even his cheesiness. I used 8's on the exercises that needed lighter weights, and 12's and 15's on the rest. Good workout!! I loved it.

I remember finishing P90X years ago, and swear that I rewarded myself with the P90X plus workouts. However, I can't find them. I don't know if I got rid of them, thinking they were just P90 workouts or what????? So I repurchased them on eBay for $12 for the set. For that price, no big deal for sure!!!

I am loving core synergetic and there's one on the plus workouts. I will add them to my rotation.

Ebianco: I had the wave!!! I was going to work and there was a community clean up day. Someone had it sitting on the curb to be picked up by the trash pickup. I turned around, felt like I was stealing, and saved it from certain death!!! I kept it for a year or two, tried the workouts, hated them, and finally donated the wave. Now I wish I had it again. I found a rocker board at 5 below that is kinda the same but thinner, and decided I could use that as a substitute wave. I still haven't. I still have the workouts though!! HA!

I was doing a search for a VHS I used to own, that never was put on DVD. I got rid of it when I got rid of my VHS's. I realized, I no longer have a VHS player, how long will it be before they stop making DVD players? am I hoarding something that will be worthless in a few years? Am I saving workouts for me and LB that we won't even be able to access in a few years? Should I get rid of some while they are still worth something? I have. been pulling out the ones I don't use and will never use, because there are ones I like more. Some of those Walmart sets for sure. I have a bunch of barres... am I saving them for nothing? are they doomed to never be viewed or workout-ed with again? I wish I knew!!

Like you said, you don't know what you will want to do in 10 years. I do have my core workouts, P90X, Firms, Callanetics, even my Rip 60 and some barre that I won't get rid of. However, I probably could unload the rest and not even notice. I need to work on that, then I think "what if that's what I want to do in 10 years???" what a cycle.

I did own then get rid of CLX (Chalene), then reacquired it last summer and still haven't done it again. Luckily lots of those beach body workouts are so inexpensive right now, that I can afford to do that and not have the huge money regret!!

Eventmom: we are in false spring again!!! Oh man, 18 acres. I can't even imagine. 2 1/2 is hard enough! We have another 1/2 acre across the street we pretty much just don't bother with. It does what it does. People walk their dogs across it and pat down the weeds, good enough for me. DH mows it probably once a summer. I don't mind that. It's the 2 1/2 that to me is overwhelming. I can't imagine 18. I know I'm not that old, but I'm too old to do this. Give me a nice, flat piece of property with no rocks, and hire someone to mow it a few times a summer. I keep thinking I'd like to landscape it all, but I'm too tired and old for that. I need to hire someone to do it for us, but I don't have the money for that. I wish I did. sigh. I hear you my friend!!

I do love these beautiful days. I am ready for spring! (but not the lawn mowing!) HA!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 02-29-24, 01:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA standing + kathy smith 30 min

buzzer - our 18 is mainly pasture but it still has to be mowed at least 1x year. Limbs come down I have to get those up. Trees come down. Trees have grown on the fence line. I am working on that by having our yard guys come 1x year the down trees and some things on the fence line but it's never ending. Trash ends up on the property I have to pick that up. 2.5 acres seems like the worst - not enough to sort of ignore but way too much to keep formally landscaped. Isn't it great when you can find an entire set on ebay for cheap?? That's how I got the entire kathy smith project you.

hi ebianco and lucie!
Old 03-01-24, 11:15 AM  
Buzzer

Ran 2.1 miles.. DONE!
P90X ab ripper.. DONE!

I modify ab ripper so my neck doesn't hurt. Also so I can do the exercises without modifying so much that I don't feel it! There are some, like the roll up then rock your legs up and do a boat pose, that I spend more time rocking than I do feeling it. So I put my bosu behind my back and didn't go down quite as far. That helped where I didn't feel my neck, I felt my abs, and I could do the exercise!!! I am so weak anymore. ugh. This stuff used to be fine and I could just breeze right through it.

anyhow, the run was good too. I didn't go fast, but I went without pausing. I weighed myself yesterday morning, and I am down 3 pounds since the first of the year. I have been watching what I eat, running every day instead of every other day, plus lifting... for 3 pounds in 2 months. I mean, that's 3 pounds I don't have anymore, plus I don't mind working out, however the eating makes me cranky. I am watching closer, I am turning down more, eating half instead of wholes, using less oil, using more vegetables and fruit... it's been a chore. For 3 pounds in two months. Sigh. I guess that'll be 18 pounds in a year, which is significant. That's if I can stay on that trajectory. However, my body mostly wants to hold on to everything, so I don't know if it really will add up to that. However, if it does, that would be nice!!!

DH leaves tomorrow for Orlando, then we leave Sunday. So I will workout tomorrow, but Sunday will be my rest day. I need to see if it's safe to run around where we are, if I have access to the workout room, and what I will do. I wrote out the P90X workouts this morning (just the halves I do) and will bring those.

I guess 3 pounds is good if you consider I was in hawaii for 12 days, and even though I worked out, I didn't really watch too close what I ate. LB made breakfasts, and she was good at making bacon, omelettes, and lots of fruit. So it wasn't bad breakfasts, but sometimes a lot of food!! Usually it would last me until dinner! Good though. I love that kid. I have been working this year also on drinking more water. So that helps. I dunno. I am happy for the 3 pounds, but hopefully it'll keep up!

Eventmom: I dunno. The thought of 18 acres makes me dizzy. I was just looking out this morning at all the trash blown around... sleds, construction stuff, tarps... from this last wind storm. It's supposed to be nice today so I will have to spend some time cleaning it up. It's hard too because we are surrounded on 3 sides by road... not busy road, but road. So I feel like everything is on display and I have to deal with it quick. Plus we have rocks, uneven ground, tree roots, tree stumps.. all making it tough to mow. I really just want to pay someone to level it all out, get rid of all the obstacles, and be done. I never thought I'd be envious of small yards!! HA! I do love the space for LB and all the kids. However once they lose interest, I'd be fine with a nice, small yard. I'm getting old

I am grateful for cheaper workouts on eBay. I was just thinking this morning that I should go through before I leave and send some workouts to ARC. That way, when we get back, whatever I sent will be sold and I won't find it on the shelf and question myself! HA!

Hi Ebianco and Lucie!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14