Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-27-22, 10:43 AM  
cyana

Whoa, did I have a bizarre wildlife sighting - had to pop back in and share. I was sitting at the computer and heard a car horn repeatedly blowing. I looked out the window, and there were 3 HUGE vultures in the street in front of my house, eating roadkill (I think it was a squirrel). A car came down the street and the vultures were like "Sorry, we were here first!" The car ended up having to slowly navigate around the birds. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good picture or I would've snapped one to share.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 11:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Beth, I think your mom should do both Leslie and Cubii. She can do Cubii when she watches TV.
Paine, I agree that would be good for her! Maybe she will consider it eventually.

I forgot to note that the specific criticism that the PT had was that Cubii does not provide much range of motion.

cyana, wow about the vultures! I think I might have seen a couple (I think we have "turkey vultures" around here) a few days ago driving to work. There is a big sign that someone put up on the side of the highway several years ago that says "persevere" - on Monday when I drove by, I saw 2 huge birds that looked like gargoyles on the sign! Yesterday when I had a doctor's appointment in the a.m., I was driving on a road (near but not on the expressway) and saw a lone wild turkey ambling by - just seconds after I saw a blue heron soaring through the air!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 12:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

There is a third chick! Definitely smaller and weaker than the first two. Amazing how fast they grow in a matter of days.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 01:26 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

No workout for me yesterday -- I got an invite to attend my grandniece's kindergarten open house!

However, unusually for me, I did do a workout this Friday morning --

Today's Workout: The Upper Body section of Jessica's new Split Session Strength. This is my second time doing it, and since I was familiar with the moves I was able to adjust the poundage for a better challenge. I do like this one a lot, although not quite as much as the Upper Body routine from Walk Strong 3.

Since my knees now appear to be stable (although not "cured") I am thinking about revisiting my workout pattern. Have been shortchanging myself on flexibility work.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 01:47 PM  
cyana

Meal time at the West River nest - mom is standing up to the right of the chicks, so I could see all three today!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 01:52 PM  
JustSandra

Cyana: I meant to tell you that my HR contact at the library told me that no one she has worked with has ever regretted retiring!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 10:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a functional fitness day doing lots of house cleaning, washing all the bedding and doing batch cooking for the week.

Cyana, we had vultures in Alaska but we don't have any vultures in our city here in CA.

Pat, my 3 year old grandson was happy to see the baby ospreys!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 11:27 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday's workout:
~ETV: Ellyn’s live from May 20, first 20 min up to standing stretch
~Jessica’s Walk Strong: Lower Body Sculpt - First time doing this one after owning the set for several years.
~Hip focused stretches at bedtime.

I saw all three chicks in the West River nest, so cool! I couldn’t get the Milford Point one to work today.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 01:07 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Another low energy day, but I managed:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 27
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D5
~ Kassandra's new root chakra morning practice
~ 4,406 steps

Paine, I'm so happy your grandson enjoyed the chicks. They're so adorable!

Sandra - good to know we won't regret retiring!

Beth, the Van Gogh Immersive Experience is in Providence! My niece and I are making plans. Can't wait! A friend went and told me she actually started to cry.

Have a wonderful day all. :heat:
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 01:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, that's great news about the Van Gogh exhibit! If they do yoga classes, I would try to go that way - it's less about the yoga and more like you get a private viewing of the exhibit.

It was rainy here this morning, so we cancelled our first Mind-Body-Brew class of the season - no big deal since we'll be doing them every other week starting next week. I saw that it's rainy on the osprey nest, too - I haven't seen the 3rd chick yet.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote