Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-19, 12:52 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Thank you all so very much for all the suggestions!

I'm making a list and will see what happens next.

I'd been using Vanicream, Lite and regular as body lotions, and it's fine for that, but apparently my face dislikes it. Guess I didn't really think it through.

Donna, I remember Simone France. I loved that bar of cleanser, and the toner was lovely. Too pricy just now I think. Gotta find out what my face wants.

Cleanser-wise, I seem to be okay with some Phisoderm. I've been using two different varieties, but my skin doesn't seem to mind them.

At least my facial skin isn't freaking out if I don't try to moisturize, so I guess that's a step in the right direction.
Vanicream bothers my face, because apparently I'm also sensitive to coconut. They use a coconut derivative instead of sulfates. My face doesn't react to sulfates, and seems to love conventional products, and seems to hate natural products. I've kind of soured on the whole natural is better mantra, lol.
Old 01-17-19, 12:58 PM  
Leonana

The Beauty Brains have re-started their podcasts. I highly recommend them if you want to learn more about skincare and ingredients.

http://thebeautybrains.com/blog/
Old 01-17-19, 01:46 PM  
donnamp

Sherry - honestly, me, too! The more conventional and "boring" the product is the better for me and my skin. Vanicream facial wash is good for me, but the lite lotion was not good for me for a facial moisturizer.

I think my favorite no-frills facial moisturizers are Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive and Differin. I do have to try that Cetaphil Redness Relief though!!

For sunscreen, Eucerin SPF 30 is a good one - a little "wet" looking but overall a good choice for me. I liked the Differin and Cetaphil Oil Control sunscreens but they stung my eyes and I did like the Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 35 and Cerave Lite SPF 30 well enough....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 01:59 PM  
sherry7899

Has anyone tried this curly hair styling product from Sally's Beauty Supply? I like the coconut version from the same brand, but I'm curious about this one. I am going to wait until it is on sale, though:

https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hai...7CEden#start=1

I currently use this one:

https://www.sallybeauty.com/hair/hai...me%7CWhats_new

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-19, 09:35 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Sherry - honestly, me, too! The more conventional and "boring" the product is the better for me and my skin. Vanicream facial wash is good for me, but the lite lotion was not good for me for a facial moisturizer.

I think my favorite no-frills facial moisturizers are Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive and Differin. I do have to try that Cetaphil Redness Relief though!!

For sunscreen, Eucerin SPF 30 is a good one - a little "wet" looking but overall a good choice for me. I liked the Differin and Cetaphil Oil Control sunscreens but they stung my eyes and I did like the Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 35 and Cerave Lite SPF 30 well enough....

Donna
I like the Oil of Olay Gentle Clean Foaming Face Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. I also like the Japanese Hada Labo sunscreen. I just hate having to order skincare stuff online though!
Old 01-18-19, 04:34 AM  
donnamp

Oh - I forgot about Olay - the Gentle Cleanser works for me as does the SPF 30 - Sensitive Skin - it is zinc but not ghostly white (at least on me).

So, yes, boring skincare here.

I do plan to go back to using the Differin Gel as some point, I was just taking a break from it for a bit.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 11:55 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried Matrixyl (Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000 or Matrixyl Synthe6)? They are peptides that some beauty sites recommend.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 12:07 PM  
difit

Recommendations for nail moisturizer/strengthener. I'm getting ridges and my nails are thin that sometimes split when I'm grow them out. I use to have strong healthy nails. I read that as you get older (51) your nails start to get brittle or sometimes cause by medication or some deficiency. I don't take any medications. I take a multi-vitamin. Eat pretty healthy.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-19, 12:53 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Has anyone tried Matrixyl (Matrixyl, Matrixyl 3000 or Matrixyl Synthe6)? They are peptides that some beauty sites recommend.
I have used for years. Started with Elysee's Fountain of Youth Line Diminishing Gel which I really liked but didn't like the price, have switched to Deciem The Ordinary's along with their Argireline. I rotate these with their Buffet peptide complex, which also contain both.
Old 01-18-19, 02:33 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by difit View Post
Recommendations for nail moisturizer/strengthener. ...
In recent years I've used a bit of cuticle oil and two coats of Citra 2. That seems to make my nails strong enough to get a bit of growth.

When I get serious about strengthening, I'll seek out my bottle of ProStrong's fluoride nail accelerator. You just brush a bit of that on your nails and let it dry. Over your polish if you're wearing it.

I know it's an old blog, and she's not posting there any more, but http://loodieloodieloodie.blogspot.com/ taught me a lot.

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, beauty thread 2019, clothes, clothing, hair, makeup, skin