Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-16, 10:05 AM  
sherry7899

I really wanted to like Tracey Staehle's yoga dvd, but I have trouble hearing it. It was filmed outside, and I have to turn the tv up so loud to hear her instruction over the sound of the wind blowing. I ended up not keeping it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-16, 10:22 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question but is it the original or re-vamped version you're talking about or are they the same?
This is the original that came with the Sin6 set. Not to ne mistaken with Cool it Off Express which is a revamped version of the hour long Cool it Off stretch that came with the Slim Series. Cool It Off Express is 30 minutes long.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 02:43 AM  
Richie

Thanks, dbclark44!
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 10:51 AM  
Cowgirl32

Not quite a segment. But I love Namaste yoga <3
Old 07-11-16, 12:13 PM  
Eibhinn

I have a few stretch segments I like to use for videos that are lacking a cool-down stretch, or which have a weird cool-down stretch I won't use (like Amy Bento's Rumble). My favourites are the Tamilee Webb stretch video already recommended, the 13 minute stretch sequence from Soul Sweat, the bonus 12 minute floor section from Lee Holden's Deep Stretch, the 15 minute segments from Cathe's Total Body Stretching (2 of the 3 use a stability ball). I also used Slim and Limber that way when I had it. I'm a fan of Mimi Solaire, but use Deep Stretch alone rather than as an add-on. I regularly use it, or any of the stretches above, to wind down before bed.

ETA - I was also a big fan of the stretch from Kathy Smith's Flex Appeal, but didn't like the workout. I eventually regretted getting rid of the workout because I wanted the stretch back, but found Kathy Smith posted it on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sLi-UFziho
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 12:51 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
I love Mimi Solaire's Deep Stretch and use it so often that it's the only DVD that I never put away (I keep it on my top of my DVD player). I appreciate the long held stretches. Nothing feels rushed. As dbclark says each segment is 20-minutes long. I try to make time for the full 20-but when I'm short on time I just do 10-15 minutes.
I really like Mimi's Deep Stretch too.

Tags
short stretch, short stretch segments, stretch, stretch workouts