Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-22, 09:53 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today is a functional fitness day with cleaning the house, washing our bedding, going to 2 markets and batch cooking for the week. It's hard to believe that half of the year has gone by and tomorrow it's August.

Pat, I loved hearing about your wonderful day at the beach!

Beth, I'm happy that you rescheduled your get-away trip. That will be something fun to look forward to.

Sandra, sorry about that infuriating 500 error.

Hello to Margot, Pam, Cyana, Carolyn, Garrie, Donna D and all who visit!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 10:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Sunday! Yesterday I accomplished:

~ A Kassandra 20 minute morning yin
~ Ellen's 7-Day Challenge Yogini Sculpt
~ Quick sunset stroll at beach
~ 3,808 steps

After dinner we ran back to the beach but the Great Shore Bird Buffet was over. I couldn't believe how badly the tidal pool receded again in just 24 hours. The breeze was superb and the sunset was beautiful. Curiously there was a stream of big fat dragonflies, the kind that look like helicopters, all going in one direction. Evidently we got there in the midst of a dragonfly migration. They were practically banging into people there were so many.

Sandra, I'm sure your new gym will be very nice. That sounds like a very reasonable fee.

Paine, that article made a lot of sense. Those darn stubborn calories! It reinforces the old adage that sixpack abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym.

Beth, I'm happy that you rescheduled your get away. I hope it helps the both of you. I can't believe tomorrow is August either.

Margot, how nice that Meg is back at ETV. By the way, I love your heron. I'm guessing it is a great blue unless you have a different type in the U.K.

Good morning to Pam, Cyana, and anyone who joins us!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 10:31 AM  
cyana

Good Morning. My to do list is lengthy today. I just took some JSP's out of the oven, and they smell so good. My biggest food project for the day is making a big batch of coleslaw - handy to have on hand, but a PIA to make. Not sure what's on the work-out menu. The weather is a bit unsettled, so I'll be doing something indoors. I haven't seen anyone in the osprey nest since Friday. The chick was in the nest on Friday and I could hear mom in the background, trying to coax the chick to fly.

Pat - Your magical bird beach experience sounded wonderful. I saw a hummingbird Friday evening while we were eating dinner - the windows look out into our front yard, and the bird was buzzing around the gardenia bushes. And speaking of the gardenia bushes - these are the bushes that got whacked during the extreme cold (were completely brown and I feared they were goners, as I've lost gardenias to the cold in years past) - they greened back up beautifully and are covered with flowers.

Margot - Enjoy your weeding break. Are the Mimi Kuo-Deemer videos from a streaming service? I Mimi. Your trip to Wales sounded absolutely delightful. Your local walks always sound really nice - mine are pretty dull and boring in comparison.

Sandra - I'm glad you're enjoying your Plan B bathroom renovation. I'd never heard of doing the cut outs on the bathtub, so I learned something new, and it's good to hear that it's working well for you. We talked with our financial advisor on Friday, and he was quite surprised to hear that I've decided to continue working for a while longer, as he was expecting me to retire in the fall. I'm looking forward to hearing about your gym membership once the facility opens.

Paine - I'll be doing fun and exciting chores with you today. Are you noticing the JSP's are looking a little sad of late? I guess it's that time of the year - hopefully the new harvest won't be too much longer.

Pam - Hope you're enjoying your camping get away.

Beth - It sounds as though your MIL dealt with her condition quite well, all things considered. I'm glad to hear that you and DH were able to reschedule your trip.

Carolyn - Hope you didn't get washed away with the rains!

Must run and start knocking some more things off the to do list. Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 11:39 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I didn't try that HealthBarre routine yet, in part b/c I couldn't figure out how to add it to my Watch Later list.

Sandra, sorry about the 500 error!

cyana, hope you make it through your busy day (AND get some down time, too).

Pat, we have lots of water around here, but I envy you living so close to the ocean; I enjoy seeing your photos though.

Paine, wow, half the year sounds even more ! I'm happy about the trip too, although it's hard to believe by that time, August will be almost over.

I'm in the middle of a HDM routine - just did all 4s work on one side and am "stalling" (as KCM would say) prior to the second side.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 01:51 PM  
Twigs

Cyana - I Mimi too. No, it's not streaming. Here's the link to Mimi's self-paced courses.
https://www.mkdeemer.com/self-paced-courses.html
If you click on the vimeo on-demand button at the top of the page, you'll see the trailers for each course or workshop and more information.
https://vimeo.com/mimikuodeemer
Hope this helps.
I'm so envious. I wish we had hummingbirds over here. I saw my first one only a couple of years ago in Arizona.

Pat - You've had a magical weekend at the beach. I wish I could have been there to see the dragonfly migration. I think the most common herons in the UK are grey but there are also blues too. I think you may be right.

Paine - You certainly have a busy day planned. I can't believe either how fast this year is going. We shall be seeing Christmas decorations in the stores, once the school summer vacation is over!

Beth - Good luck in getting back to your second side. For me, it's hard to get back into it, once I've stopped for a break.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 01:54 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Margot, I did finish the 2nd side and even did a bit of bonus arms work.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 05:56 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat, I enjoy hearing about your outings at the beach.
I curse those stubborn calories!

Cyana, I'm so glad your gardenia bushes are blooming again! We have two little Mystery gardenia trees and I love how the flowers smell.
The JSPs at Whole Foods have looked awful and I won't buy them there. I have been buying my JSPs at a Japanese market and they have had beautiful JSPs (I went there yesterday just for JSPs!).

Beth, I know you hate "on all 4's" work but good for you for completing the 2nd side! I used to not mind it and did it frequently but in the last couple of years I've noticed that I feel dread towards all 4's work and so I usually choose another workout without all 4's.

Margot, I've noticed that most of the month of July has had Christmas decorations for sale on QVC and HSN. I don't need anymore Christmas decorations!

I'm going to start our August thread for tomorrow here:

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...69#post2972569
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 07:21 PM  
Donna D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Hello to Margot, Pam, Cyana, Carolyn, Garrie, Donna D and all who visit!

Hi to Paine and everyone else!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 07:25 PM  
JustSandra

Hi -- hope my luck is better today.

Today's Workout: The Upper Body routine on Jessica Smith's Walk Strong 3 set.

Donna: Hi there!

Pat58: I so enjoyed your description of your beach visit the other day.

Paine: Thanks for letting us know you have started the August thread.

Won 't push my luck any further -- waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 02:12 AM  
Jeanette

Hello everyone! I haven’t been on here in a bit. Here are the workouts I did the last few weeks - all barefoot on my mat! I’m so glad to find a group that also loves to do all workouts that way! ❤️

7/10 - Leslie Sansone’s Walk the Walk - 1 mile

7/11 - Callanetics - Sandra’s 20 Minute Workout

7/12 - Walk/Run/Lift 45 Minute Big Calorie Burner (Walk at Home app). Also, Thiago’s Rainy Day Maintenance (Callanetics app)

7/13 - Callanetics - Sandra’s 45 Minute Workout #3. Also, Ellen Barrett’s Dance Party with Heather Favretto

7/18 - Walk with the Docs - 2 miles (Walk at Home app)

7/19 - Ellen Barrett Walk with Weights

7/20 - Callanetics Core Assets - Legs, Rear, Core

7/21 - Yoga Moves with Molly Fox (on VHS!). Also, Tony Little Hips, Buttocks, and Thighs

7/22 - Ellen Barrett - Arms and Abs

7/24 - Callanetics - Sandra’s Sunrise Workout

7/26 - Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog

7/27 - Leslie Sansone Walk the Walk - 1 mile

7/29 - BeMax101: Floor Workout (from the Fit Fusion app)

7/31 - Richard Simmons Groovin’ in the House (on VHS)

Hope everyone is well! I hope to be more active in the new August thread! ❤️

Last edited by Jeanette; 08-01-22 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Forgot a workout
Jeanette is offline   Reply With Quote