Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-21-22, 11:18 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Speaking of naked - has anyone seen Christopher Meloni's Peloton ad? I don't know if it was the same one I saw on Facebook, but he was lifting weights, doing yoga and meditating in the buff, with his family jewels pixilated out. Wowzers.
Pat, I couldn't resist checking it out. That doesn't look comfortable to me either! Hopefully it was just a joke (whereas I think the Vimeo nude yoga was actually sincere).

Paine, hope you have a nice walk! We've been having some very hot humid weather here.

Sandra, wow, that was quick! You'll have to let us know how you like it once you can use it. Yay for 2 months until retirement!

I just gave up on a YouTube vinyasa yoga practice - it wasn't too fast, I just wasn't feeling it. Think I'll try some yin instead.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 01:57 PM  
Twigs

Today's workouts:
- Jessica Smith Flow & Glow
- YoQi for World Peace
- Kassandra Yoga after sitting all day

Sandra - I'm amazed at how quickly you were able to get your bathroom work done. It sounds great and I bet you'll really enjoy your first shower after waiting 48 hours for it to dry!

Paine - I forgot to say I enjoyed reading about the policeman who stopped to give your grandson a police car and bear. So cute! I had a ride once in the back of a police cruiser. I ran out of petrol on my way home on a busy highway on a Friday afternoon. The police stopped, pushed my car off the road, went to get me some petrol in a can and when that didn't start the car, they took me home. It was kind of exciting and embarrassing at the same time.

Pat - Sorry you're still suffering with the heat. Our temperatures have dropped to normal now for this time of year but it's taking a while for the house to cool down. The Laptop shopping has been frustrating today. There's too much choice and always a few negative reviews, no matter which one you think is going to be good. I had to check out the Peloton ad. If there had been a DOTM zoom class this past week, it may have been me you might have seen in the buff! It was so darned hot.

Beth - Some days are like that for me too, when I just can't get into something I normally enjoy. Hope you found a good Yin practice.

Pam - I've liked most of the DOTM classes so far, except for the the most recent one, where Alice was trying something different. I'll have to re-visit it again, as it's been a while and I can't remember why I didn't care for it as much as the others.

Waves to all.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 05:11 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Sandra, do you think you'll workout more often or a bit longer once you retire?

Margot, how nice that the policeman helped you and drove you home! I've never driven in a police car.
By the way, I love my MacBook Air laptop!! I would buy another one if this one broke. Good luck on your laptop search!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 01:02 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Todays workouts:
~Jessica’s Fusion Flow & Glow: Fusion Flow Sculpt - This was a great workout, more challenging than I expected. I loved the way she used the gliding disc
~Jackie’s Essentrics class on zoom

Pat - I gotta say Christopher Meloni is aging very nicely! I always loved him on Law & Order.

Margot - Good luck with your laptop search. I’d love just a little of your heat! It’s finally warmed up here, summer started off cool and wet. I did one of Alice’s Spring Ritual Series, taken from DOTM, that was different. She included her version of nauli kryia breath work. It was okay, and fits with the idea of spring being a time to cleanse, but not really what I want from BF. I love your police to the rescue story.

Beth - I’m not a vinyasa fan unless it’s quite slow. Sometimes you just need to Joni-O a workout.

Paine - I still need to do Rise & Relax from Jessica’s Relax & Stretch. I really liked Rejuvenate.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 08:45 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I think it's good for my body to do a bit of vinyasa occasionally - I like the slower versions as well, like Kate Vantucci. The practice I tried yesterday was slow, but something about wasn't clicking, and the instructor's voice was bothering me, so yes, I Joni Oed it!

Margot, that's a nice story about the policeman. How was the YoQi for World Peace practice?

Sandra, hope the weather is cooperating as you wait to take your shower! (I know some people don't need to shower daily, but I'm not one of them; I often imagine how hard it was in the past when people could not clean themselves regularly! )

We leave our weekend getaway early afternoon today. If I don't check in again, have a great weekend, all!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-22-22, 09:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Flow and Yin with Donna Helm-Yost (first 45 minutes of Yin Yoga practice)

Beth, have a wonderful trip!

Pam, I'm not a vinyasa fan either!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 09:47 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

This has been a long week. Not a bad week, but I think it seemed very long because we had a lot of unsettled weather and several very dreary days and it was hard to stay awake mid-afternoon while staring at the monitors. Not complaining about the rain, though!

Wanted to pop in for a quick wave and Happy Friday wishes.

Good to see you, Margot. Safe travels, Beth. Will be back to chat over the week-end.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 10:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Another big fat nothing for yesterday. I gave myself permission to rest after getting through work. I had planned to do the YoQi world peace practice and some restorative yoga, but DH had already preempted the bedroom and the rest of the house is not AC so that was that.

I checked in our nest and see the chick is very big and healthy. He has finally begun flapping and stretching his wings, and I saw him get a bit of air yesterday.

Margot, I also enjoyed your policeman story. How nice of him! I rode in the front of a police car once. But it was at work and I know the officers. It was a lot of fun! So much equipment they have in the front.

Pam - I actually like C. Meloni better with his head shaved. It suits him. I mean if you're gonna go naked, go all the way!

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-22, 11:14 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Change of plans; DH's mother is in the hospital, and we've had to cancel our trip. I'll probably check in again later.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-22-22, 11:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - sending hugs.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote