Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-22, 10:18 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Give Me Strength (Upper Body strength workout plus abs and cool down)

Pam, those sand sculptures are amazing! Thank you for sharing the link.

Beth, if no one signs up for your class, do you always go in to teach it in case there are drop-ins?
Sometimes I use Vimeo but often forget to check it! I'll look for Hamelin at Vimeo--thanks for telling us he is there!

Pat, it will be 77 degrees here today, so not too hot.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 01:48 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

My laptop is dying, so we're going to have to go out and find a replacement tomorrow. I thought mine would have lasted a lot longer.

I felt a bit more energised today, now that our temperatures have dropped to the mid 70s/low 80s.

- Ellen's Yoga Fusion
- HealthBarre - Breathe, Pause, Connect. This was geared for beginners. It was ok but probably won't do it again.
- Mumu Part 1 of Far Reaching Myofascial Meridians (15 min)
- ETV Gail's Rebalance Your Full Body (just the standing part of the class ~15min).
- Beth's Yoga Block Party. A really fun class. I really loved the balance challenges and unusual variation of the poses using the blocks.

Pam - Thanks for the link to the Facebook page. What amazing talent. It's such a shame they're not permanent.

Beth - That move on the block isn't the most comfortable. I do it because it's good for me! I use vimeo for classes that I have bought and also for free stuff. I've never tried Hamelin though.

Pat - Hope you won't have to suffer too long in these high temperatures. When does it start cooling down for you?

Paine - 77 degrees sounds just about perfect to me. Enjoy your walk if you're going out today.

Waves to all.
Old 07-20-22, 01:54 PM  
Margot

I just received an email from Marisa (YoQi). She has a new free 30 minute qigong class for world peace on youtube. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow but thought I'd share the link now, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIsld7O2WEg&t=125s
Old 07-20-22, 02:00 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I always forget to check Vimeo too! I did a Barre3 workout from there today (Total Body Lift, which I believe I used to have on DVD).

Margot, so sorry about your laptop! I felt the same when mine started dying earlier this year. The good news is that even though my old laptop isn't completely functional (e.g., only one port works, the battery drains super-quickly when not plugged in, webcam not working, etc.), I can still use it for streaming from YouTube, so now I leave it in the basement for my workouts. Glad you liked the Block Party video! Yes, that standing on the block is definitely a "hurts so good" move.

Speaking of hurts so good, I did this nice yin practice today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyEcyJSqEPY

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 04:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hump Day Funny

I forgot to share this with you all earlier. When I was finally able to get into Vimeo today (I couldn't get on yesterday for some reason), I did a search for "yoga" - and what immediately came up was a bunch of previews for naked yoga! The young lady was completely in the buff in outdoor settings; she seemed perfectly at ease, haha.

I won't include a link - you can find it yourself if you want to.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 04:48 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, I did go for a walk today with my grandson. We had a nice walk!
Hope you find a new laptop that you love. If my laptop breaks, I'm definitely buying a new one asap!

Beth, I'm laughing about the naked yoga, LOL!
Old 07-20-22, 07:59 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

No workout for me yesterday -- at about 11am I got a phone call from the tub cut-out people, who told me they had an unexpected opening that very afternoon and would I like it? Heck yeah! So the guy came about 3pm yesterday, staying until just after 6pm. Two hours of loud cutting noise, then stinky epoxy. But the cut-out looks quite nice. However, I haven't been able to use my shower yet as he recommended waiting 48 hours.

So, since I'm trying not to get too sweaty , for

Today's Workout: I did most of Essentrics Barre with Sahra. I skipped the barre stretch at the end as it is pretty intense. My knee, which has been behaving of late, handled the routine okay and it was nice to take a break from Margaret.

Margot: Glad you are back, but sorry you caught the Covid bug. I'm wondering how I have been able to duck it for so long. I understand about the heat! When I lived in San Francisco the (fortunately) very occasional heat wave was awful since there is little A/C used there.

Beth: My countdown app shows 66 days to retirement! On Saturday it will be exactly two months away.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-22, 08:04 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Checking in with….
~BellyFit: Fire & Flowers
~Strength Circuit day 2
~Hoping to get a stretch in later
~Lots of steps running errands, broke through 9,000

Pat - I see you did Rising Creativity too! You won’t see me in the that one as it is an excerpt taken from one of Alice’s Daughters of the Moon monthly zoom gatherings. I didn’t subscribe to it, just bought the workouts. You might see Margot though.

Beth - Glad your class went well!

Sandra - I’m glad you’re pleased with the shower mod!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-22, 10:27 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margaret's Perfect 10 (Vol 1 & 2: all of the lower body exercises plus abs)
Jessica Smith Stretch + Relax DVD (Recover practice)

I've done all the practices from Jessica's Stretch + Relax DVD and my favorite practice is the "Rejuvenate Practice".

I'll also be going for a walk with my younger grandson this morning.

I'm waving to everyone!
Old 07-21-22, 11:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Nothing to report, it is awful here and yesterday hit me hard. It was even warm in the office where I often wear a coat in summer! We stayed in the bedroom and watched TV so pretty much yesterday morning's Progressive Hypnosis morning affirmations was it.

Paine, I'm glad to hear it is nice by you. Enjoy your walk with GS.

Sandra, hang in their waiting for the epoxy to dry. I can't wait to hear how you like the half tub.

Good luck laptop shopping, Margot. I hope you get the one you want. Is there an end to your heatwave in sight? We had at least another week. Thank you for the YoQi link, I may just do that tonight and muster up some Reiki energy to send out.

Beth, the thought of naked yoga just doesn't seem comfortable. I never even thought to look at Vimeo, thanks for mentioning it.

Speaking of naked - has anyone seen Christopher Meloni's Peloton ad? I don't know if it was the same one I saw on Facebook, but he was lifting weights, doing yoga and meditating in the buff, with his family jewels pixilated out. Wowzers.

Have a great day Pam and anyone who checks in!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote