Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-16, 09:48 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPLYN61 View Post
Do you have Focus T25. I had this for over 2 years and never did the stretch. Did it about 6 months ago and has become a favorite! This is more of an athletic stretch but feels this one hits my hip flexors more than anything else. this clocks in at 25 minute. I also love Project You Yoga- this is about 20 minutes and a little more Yoga inspired, but has a nice stretchy flow to it. Also to feel really stretch Kathy Smiths Rejuvenation set with the stretching band is great and hits everything.
I will look into Focus T25, as this sounds like more of what I want. Kathy Smith's yoga has always been good, but it's been so many years since I tried the PY workouts, I don't remember them well enough. Thanks for the recommendations. Kathy is such a fitness icon
so I should look at Rejuvenation, too! Who doesn't like a DVD title that sounds so spa-like.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 09:56 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
TBS is not like CIOx.

what about the old Slim & Limber from Si6? it's also on the Keep It Up Disc.

it clocks in at around 14 min.

Debbie also has the 60-min Cool It Off from slim series. it's longer, but you can always do what you can and continue later.

if you like athletic stretch that's <30 min, here's some oldies:
Madeleine Lewis AM PM Stretch (2, 25-min stretches, and a bonus 20 min)
Madeleine's walking kit also came with a stretch workout using a strap
Tamilee's stretching 2-DVD set; each is 30 min
Thanks, I have both of Debbie's other workouts and should have mentioned those. Both excellent but one is too short and other too long with CIOE being the goldilock's workout.

I also have the other three and have used Tamilee's more than Madeleine's. Good recommendations all around! Appreciate you mentioning ones I had in my collection already!

April Focus:
Old 02-07-16, 10:00 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
The stretch part of Jane Fonda's Light Aerobics & Stress Reduction. Hands down. It's similar to Cool It Off imho. It's on youtube https://youtu.be/6tJflKLu6zo
Good to know! I wonder if it's also available on DVD, though youtube works for me, ,too!

April Focus:
Old 02-08-16, 01:59 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Thanks, I have both of Debbie's other workouts and should have mentioned those. Both excellent but one is too short and other too long with CIOE being the goldilock's workout.

I also have the other three and have used Tamilee's more than Madeleine's. Good recommendations all around! Appreciate you mentioning ones I had in my collection already!
you're welcome.

DH loves Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch, but iirc, it's 40 min, slightly longer than what you requested.

TBS by Debbie - agreeing with the other poster that it's not like CIOx or any of her other stretching workouts. it's supposed to be rehabilitative, and it's the sort of routine that you'll need to do over time to get the relief. she co-teaches it with Chad Waterbury.

speaking of Karen voight, i really liked her Streamline fitness yoga section. it's at the end of the "P.M." workout, and is roughly 16 min. if this is too short, the 2nd workout from her Yoga Power DVD called "Yoga Stretch" is 25 min long. her DVDs have a good menu where you can go directly to the section that you want.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Last edited by bzar; 02-08-16 at 04:28 PM. Reason: edited title of Karen Voight DVD "Yoga Power"
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool it off express, stretch, stretch workouts