Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-21, 04:13 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
That is interesting.

I also think it may depend on how reactive your immune system is - I know mine is very reactive as I get a little "something" from every vaccine.

I suppose, in theory, that is a good thing b/c my body will take care of foreign invaders quickly, but the other side of the coin is, sometimes the immune system goes into overdrive and THAT is the thing that causes a negative outcome to a virus - ironically, it isn't the virus but the immune response that makes you so sick.

Either way - I'm just glad I'm done and in one week I'll be fully immunized (in theory!)

Donna
Donna, I found another article that said one study showed that Covid survivors had ten times the antibodies after one shot, compared to people who didn't have Covid. I guess that gives you super powers, lol.
Old 05-15-21, 08:52 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Some recent studies have shown that Covid suvivors can have a stronger reaction from the vaccines. The body already recognizes the antibodies, and reacts stronger and more quickly.
Now that makes sense. Getting sick from the Vax is related to your immune system reacting to it which is a good thing.
Old 05-20-21, 10:05 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

After my first dose a month ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hch View Post
In the day since, I've been feeling some local soreness. It's probably enough to bother me psychologically if I were doing anything that involved my arms more, but I was able to do what I'd intended for exercise and other everyday things without much fuss.
It's been nearly 24 hours since I got the second dose, and I feel very much the same as I did at that time, including how my arm has been feeling when I try different activities.

Yesterday, I did hear a little more about possibly more severe reactions in the 12-24 hours following and was advised to drink more liquids (and I did).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
Old 05-20-21, 10:24 AM  
edensmom

Got my first dose (pfizer) yesterday afternoon along with my 12 year old daughter. I experienced some drowsiness and had chills off and on but nothing terrible. My arm is more sore than I anticipated especially when I woke up this morning. It's a cardio day for me and I'll have no problems getting that done based on how I'm feeling. My daughter did oversleep this morning so maybe a little more tiredness on her end too.

All in all it is absolutely fine! I was a little nervous beforehand but it was not a big deal.
Old 05-21-21, 06:31 AM  
antbuko

I was down for the count after my second Moderna vaccine. I planned the day of and the day after the vaccine as days off just in case, and I'm really glad I did. I got vaccinated at 9:00 am and planned on running some errands after but I just didn't feel up for it, and the day after I had a low grade fever napped intermittently throughout the day.

They haven't figured out yet if we'll need booster shots going forward, but I'm betting we will. Here's hoping the side effects of the booster shots will be less taxing.
Old 05-21-21, 07:02 PM  
horsemom2

Only had a slight covid arm the day after my second Moderna.
Arnica gel took care of it.
Old 05-21-21, 07:52 PM  
pgun3

My co worker knows a lady that died from the covid vaccine a few days after receiving it....blood clots in the brain. She was 32 years old and left behind 4 kids....

https://www.clickondetroit.com/healt...hnson-vaccine/

No thanks...I will pass
Old 05-21-21, 08:01 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
My co worker knows a lady that died from the covid vaccine a few days after receiving it....blood clots in the brain. She was 32 years old and left behind 4 kids....

No thanks...I will pass
That's so sad. We're all taking risks with whatever choices we make.
Old 05-21-21, 08:25 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post

No thanks...I will pass
Scary and sad.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 05-21-21, 09:36 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
That's so sad. We're all taking risks with whatever choices we make.
Yes. She was one of 6.8 million who received the J&J vaccine.

Quote:
The likelihood of suffering from cerebral venous sinus thrombosis — the condition that prompted federal health officials to pause the use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine this week — is up to 10 times greater after becoming infected with the coronavirus than it is after receiving a shot, according to the study.
https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/blood-...d-study-finds/

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines