Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Combinations, Rotations, & Modifications

Old 10-16-13, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Met-Rx 180 from Vitamin World : post your breakdowns & rotations here :)

Here's a link from General about the breakdowns of the workouts in the system:

Met-Rx 180 Program

I just did Cardio Tactics 1 from disc 9. it's a 32 min workout.

it's athletic cardio - all you need is water, and if you want padding for your mountain climbers, puzzle mats.

it's led by Anne Marie. Madison (a famous cast member) is in the back, looking cut as always.

there's a modifier to the right. there's 2-3 men in the cast as well.

there is lots of jogging and some high impact.

pretty good and it gets right to the point w/o being puke-in-the-bucket hard.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 07:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

cam522 posted her results in a thread:

My Results from the MET Rx 180 Program

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 10-17-13, 03:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i did workout #1 from Shaping disc #5. it's an UB workout that takes only 43 minutes and includes a warm up. Frank Sepe leads and he uses a typical pyramid style of lifting:

light weight + hi rep,
medium weight + medium rep
heavy weight + low rep)

all of the moves are typical delt raises, lateral raises, tricep kickback, french press. it has burpees in it, but the modifier does jump back and forth. that move is to work your core, not necessarily for cardio purposes.

the modifier used bands, and everyone else used weights.

Old 10-22-13, 10:57 AM  
tifftaffy

My friend at work and I both bought the Met RX 180 set after I noticed the thread of it being 15.00; we didn't get it at 15 but instead got it for 20.00. I haven't received it yet, but we plan to do the workouts during our lunch-hour; I believe we'll be following the recommended rotation, and so I'm excited to see what kind of results we'll get from it.

I'll bring an extra stability ball just in case we get a third person interested in doing the workouts at lunch (work at an office, so we all pretty much sit our entire work day).

Since I do a 20 minute workout in the morning, Monday - Friday, my results won't all be from the Met RX 180 plan, but I think they'll definitely help
tifftaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-21, 04:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

hello again - resurrecting this very old thread.

i did Definition disc #8 workout 3 today (about 39 min total) - which has a lower body focus. Definition DVD #8 contains workout 3 and workout 4.

it's led by Frank Sepe, and has maybe 5 or so guys/lady cast members, including a woman on the right who uses a resistance band with handles instead of dumbbells. Frank participates and does some walking around. he's likeable - straight forward and to the point. he looks a little like the young Bowzer from the band Sha Na Na except Frank is ungoofy.

this uses a stability ball - i used the one that came with the kit. note: the one in the kit is smaller in diameter (17" or 43 cm) compared to the one shown in the workout.

you do 3 sets of the following:
squats
lunges
hamstring rolls with heels on the ball
floor work leg shoot-outs on all 4's
deadlifts
lying on floor lifting 1 dumbbell between ankles
calf raises
seated on ball calf raises

this last segment - do as many as you can in 1 minute:
unweighted squats
burpees

Cool down - 4 min or so
standing quad stretch
hamstring stretch
standing reach to toes, one leg at a time
standing back bend - you're just leaning back with hands clasped behind back

i used 5 thru 8# dumbbells. i think i could go heavier, but I'm nursing a shoulder injury.

Old 05-15-21, 04:02 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Continued using the Definition disc, #8 and did workout #4.

it's 30 min of UB, a brief "MetRx 1 minute" drill, and 17 min of abs. the abs is pretty good because the stability ball is used. I'll add the breakdown of the moves later.

i did the UB yesterday and did the abs segment today. i did some cardio from Leslie and Zumba after MetRx.

Tags
frank sepe, met-rx, met-rx 180